Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ermabwed

A/D Cap @ 130

I don't like the idea..

There are some players who did spend much time

in lvling above 130's, and now take all that A/D away?

If so, what to do then.. Reached the A/D caps, got a huge

OA lvl, so then alc/manu to get that huge OA up?Right... :):icon4:

-Fry

I dont like the idea of capping it at 130 that would piss off alot of players who are 130+ right now and have worked for there lvls. and if it is put ingame players who are 90 or 100+ in a non combat skill should have to give up lvls to :) to make it fair? Just what i think.

-Syni

Hehe, who would have expected it? Lucy, Toom, kod and others deciding to post attempts at parody, some very nice work there which didn't fail to make me laugh, thanks guys! :icon4: My personal favorite is Lucy with his "mad-cow-rant" and the contradiction in the follow up, next on my list is Toom with his oldschool ad hominem remarks spiced up with subtle hints in regards to recent school studies finds on reading comprehension as well as some general running of his mouth. Third comes kod in the "ficus" category. Thanks :).

On topic, while I still think a soft cap at 150 is too high and I would have no problem with a cap or soft cap on all skills at 130 (or whatever level, I guess a hard cap might be easier to implement on all than just on specific skills), Entropy has already settled the matter and decided to try something new to get more PK activity as well as indicated that he might try something related to the idea of this thread in the future; both of which I find laudable.

1. My post which picked apart your post was intelligently written with points that made sense and not a "mad-cow-rant".

2. Your intentions in this thread were purely to screw people and not for the better of the community.

3. You made an ass of yourself and have tarnished your reputation amongst the "few of us fighters," many of which probably thought highly of such an old player such as yourself.

4. The quoted post u just made has both the intelligence and the maturity of a little kid who just got caught with his pants down trying to save face. The people who responded to your post had valid points which most people agree with or you would not have looked so bad by the creation of this thread. You should be apologizing for the bad idea to post and NOT citing us and trying to insult our intelligence.

5. You say "while I still think a soft cap at 150 is too high and I would have no problem with a cap or soft cap on all skills at 130" Of course you don't You are not a fighter. I wouldn't have a problem either if they capped potioning at 50

Why don't you do the EL community a favor and stop thinking so loudly!

Edited by LuciferX

I love this idea !!

But we should cap a/d at 10 , make the attributes cap to 6, TOTALLY scrap potioning, alchemy, NCPs, crafting , manufacturing, engineering, ranging and summoning to

Then delete C2 , White Stone is too big a map and not used enough so delete that as well. Then delete everyones characters, because its not fair for new people who have no chance of catching up.

But before doing so, everyone who logged in over the past 12 months needs to donate $50 to entropy and roja so they can make another game called Limited Lands, in which its pretty much the same as EL but what happens is you log in and fight 1 rabbit and then a big fireworks display comes on your screen and says congratulations you completed the game.

*edit* i bolded Limited Lands, cos its a nice parody on the Eternal theme that hard capping skills kinda contradicts

Edited by Ateh

I bet making a cap would increase PK.

Then make it a capped arena and let the other folks train a/d as they want.

Perhaps just having one arena that works like this would be good.

(which is basically a suggestion from eMPi from a long time ago :) )

Well, we have arenas that are kind of sort of like that (caps), and they are not really used.

An arena where any person who steps in it automatically gets their a/d lowered to 100, whilst they're in the arena, is quite a different kettle of fish than the way the current arenas work... it's at least worth trying out, no?

Could make it a c2 arena as well, perhaps bring some PK to c2...

...but please, if you are going to do it, can it be a non-multicombat arena.

@Lucy: I guess you should have left out the ridiculous stuff about it being a personal attack on everybody etc. if you wanted anybody to take your post serious :P

Anyways, as I said, I thought it was a good idea to discuss. Ignoring the bullshit in your post, you make some points that I would have taken into consideration if it hadn't been for the aforementioned textual crap or the childish name-calling in game. I do apologize for not citing the bullshit.

So for your last reply here:

@1. see above;

@2. not true; my intention was to discuss an idea which I am luckily not passionate about at all, saving me from trying to convince people like korrode has been trying with the chimerans or others on other subjects. And if we can't even discuss ideas here, what is the purpose of these forums?

@3. That's what you think and even if it was true, why would I care? I mean, if I would strongly lobby for this idea and it came to pass, I'd understand if some people were pissed off but at this point in the already finished discussion this would be a rather silly attitude, I'd say.

@4. You had points but chose to invalidate them, see above for the apology :happy: The rest of that point isn't exactly asking for an apology, or do you want to start with apologizing?

@5. So, at 105/109 a/d I'm not a fighter? or is this just another ad hominem argument?

Anyways, thanks for pointing out that I had in fact missed something :P

@Gohan: Just for the record: the logging practice described in that thread is in fact a violation of British law :)

just got a great idea, Cap the amount you can harvest each hour, harvester will do something else, possibly pk which is good

better idea cap the amount you can hit and dodge per hour attacks to 120 per hour. Will save you healing ess because you wont get any exp after a few min

just got a great idea, Cap the amount you can harvest each hour, harvester will do something else, possibly pk which is good

better idea cap the amount you can hit and dodge per hour attacks to 120 per hour. Will save you healing ess because you wont get any exp after a few min

hmm and cap the xp from alch/pot to only 120 essies or potions per hour ...sounds great :P

Guest Trojan_Knight

I think if there was to be any caps, it should be skill wide, rather then just segergated into one area. My opinion of this would differ. I would say that reducing a cap, could possibly make pk worse. I've not pk'd in prolly over a year. Regardless though, if you take away the drive for someone to want to train. (the "oh im lvl etc, or i can kill a blah blah now"). Then in a way I feel that may be a negative impression on pk itself.

But because of this thread some great ideas have come about.. Like maybe a arena for lv 100 and under. We have just about every other areana, but those in the 80's - 100 range have none. Maybe even a areana that would make all that enter 100 a/d.. Be like a level playing field. Though I do not think that should dwindle into the entire EL system. Only a arena or etc..

Over all. I think the current caps on skills is fine. And if I was to suggest anything. I would suggest raising the cap on attributes to at least 60. So that some of the weapons currently on game, could be better used, ie: AoF, Orc slayer, etc along with other things like emu.. Could also help gaurd bots possibly, by increasing they're perception, healing abilities, etc.

I think caps are a way for lesser players to control the game just as much as the higher players... But in the wrong way.

Weaker and less experienced players should have a little more say in the game than they do, but caps only give them say by giving them a chance to catch up with higher players. I do not like the idea of caps, they only give more reason for people to make alts and spam the server with characters (See runescape and ragnarok to understand what I mean).

BUT I can see the reasoning behind it. Strong players are getting stronger, and getting things that help them level more while weaker players haven't gotten many new, interesting things to help with leveling.

Monotony is all I see from my newb view :) Correct me all you want, but I see this as an attempt at giving weaker, newer players more of a chance.

So... I'm iffy on this, but more so on the no side..

--Air

You say you have nothing to gain or lose from this idea? How about your Inegrity? Fighters are unhappy enough with the caps and your poking your nose where it doesn't belong. Why would you post this if you yourself say you have nothing to gain in such a controversial topic to Post?

i couldnt say it better amen brother

//Boedha

What is the problem if I tell my opinion? And actually my nose belongs here, because I'm mostly fighter, but both ways are fine for me anyway. But yes I'm pretty low lvl so this doesn't really belong to me and I'm sure your opinion is "better" because u already have over 130+ a/d afaik. But for me it doesn't really matter. Those a/d 130 players would be too strong for me anyways, so it wouldn't change anything.

And as I said earlier, it's too late to make a/d cap to 130, because many players have passed it already.

But I don't see a reason why I shouldn't tell my opinions here if I want to. If it's problem for u, I don't care.

What can be done, and I am not sure if people would like it or not, is to cap a/d to 100 but ONLY for PKing purposes. So when you PK you are capped to 100 a/d, when not, not.

yeah good idea

Very interesting idea, but, imho, Entropy gives the best way to realize it: make the cap be effective only in pk. This will renew the guild wars (even in KF with it's newly introduced no-drop flag) and will make the pk really focused on how much you are good in managing combat rings, spells and armors to win the battles.

Or we can introduce some form of shapeshifting, so if the cap in pk is, put 110, in a shapeshifted form is 130 or you don't suffer the cap at all. This shapeshift form can have some limitations (e.g. you cannot use combat rings, or your cooldowns are slower): have to be planned.

As the attributes cap has give more fun to this game, I believe also a/d cap for pk will do.

just my 2cents :rolleyes:

I like Ent's idea of capping at 100 only in pk

Well now KF is no-drop and relatively busy from day to day, maybe if any capped area is made it is an arena (Nca,Ws), then if players want fair PK fights the option is there but they have to suffer the risk of maybe losing a rosto.

Making ALL pk maps capped at 100 imo would kinda suck for the top players (Azayal,Omg,Dushan etc etc) who trained for there levels to PK with, not just to hunt mobs

What if you can use the shapeshifted chars in certain conditions only? For example there can be shapeshift removal ward what you can use like mana drain wards.

What if you can use the shapeshifted chars in certain conditions only? For example there can be shapeshift removal ward what you can use like mana drain wards.

Yes, or a spell or item. That's been on my todo list, especially when we will have PK shapeshifts.

passage from the el-homepage:

Welcome!

You're at the official homepage of Eternal Lands! Eternal Lands is a FREE MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role playing game) currently under development. The game is now in Beta stage, but that doesn't mean it's incomplete. It's currently fully playable and we are constantly working on adding more things to do, more items to make, monsters to fight, and also improving the current systems. If you want to help us in any way, take a look in our forums and there you can post your ideas/suggestions, or perhaps even get involved with programming or mapmaking which we can always use help with!

i think its quite clear what i want to say with this quote...

(improvements never can fit the needs of all players, they should make the game better for the vast majority and not fit the needs of 50 pro-players)

(flaming erma down for what radu/roja encourage us to do is just poor)

anyway, on-topic now:

im not for any lvl caps cuz i think this game lives from the lvl hunt (and thats what makes this game special and imo great), unlike other games where u have caps. these games dont live from lvling as el does, instead they have alot of quests and other things to do. if there will be lvl caps in el, we would need also much more quests and stuff. and also i think its not a good idea to only put a cap on a/d, either cap all skills or dont cap anything (what i am in favour for)

Edited by flexus

Welcome!

You're at the official homepage of Eternal Lands! Eternal Lands is a FREE MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role playing game) currently under development. The game is now in Beta stage, but that doesn't mean it's incomplete. It's currently fully playable and we are constantly working on adding more things to do, more items to make, monsters to fight, and also improving the current systems. If you want to help us in any way, take a look in our forums and there you can post your ideas/suggestions, or perhaps even get involved with programming or mapmaking which we can always use help with!

And the point of this quotation, other than to clarify what we already know, is what, exactly?

(improvements never can fit the needs of all players, they should make the game better for the vast majority and not fit the needs of 50 pro-players)

I know Ent has explicitly said that getting to higher AD levels proves little (something like, going from 100def to 101 def and training for weeks makes less than 1% of a difference), but never before (to my knowledge) has he actually said "let's make an 130/130 AD cap."

Just my opinions on your post there :)

just my speculations, but..

an a/d cap would increase PK if there was a way for PK'ers to get anything from it.

it has been suggested before but special items bought with pki would work, the only downside to it would be "oh noes but harvestsz0rs/alchemers and what not cant get em then"

but then again if they dont pk they dont need the special stuff (items would have some stats good for pk)

you need to keep people busy or give them goals to reach in a game to keep them entertained, just randomly putting a cap wont work.

got different opninions on this, caps might be good with something like suggested above, but then again.. some of my friends wouldnt like it/maybe quit so i'd be against it

Attributes cap did not work the wonders it was supposed to for evening out the battlefield and encouraging more people to PK. Not sure why a/d cap would be any better ? Leave it as it is, getting killed by someone higher than you is an incentive to train more :)

Seems to me the idea of the No Drops KF map has shown exactly what will encourage people to PK more. No risk involved in there.

Only problem with players dropping GC upon death, or items redeemable for PKI is that I can imagine it being massively abused. What would be to stop 2 players spending all thier time farming these points / gc frome each other ? Not because they like PKing and its risks, but because they like the GC drops / PKi points that buy them ubber gear........

Welcome!

And the point of this quotation, other than to clarify what we already know, is what, exactly?

I know Ent has explicitly said that getting to higher AD levels proves little (something like, going from 100def to 101 def and training for weeks makes less than 1% of a difference), but never before (to my knowledge) has he actually said "let's make an 130/130 AD cap."

Just my opinions on your post there :icon13:

:pickaxe:

sorry i dont think u got what i mean