Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ermabwed

A/D Cap @ 130

Been playing for some years now and the attraction is getting the lvls.

As they are now i have some years left, but a cap at 130 the attraction has gone

and i dont feel like putting time in on other skills i buy from them that do.

Ermabwed is top player in every skill except a/d. So he/she came up with such idea. Training a/d is hard isnt it Erma? :) ....How about to make caps to other skills..let say 100 or 80? I dont like nasty summoners, crafters etc with such very high lvls which i'll never achieve :P

Ermabwed is top player in every skill except a/d. So he/she came up with such idea. Training a/d is hard isnt it Erma? :) ....How about to make caps to other skills..let say 100 or 80? I dont like nasty summoners, crafters etc with such very high lvls which i'll never achieve :P

Exactly !!! A/D cap is S*T*U*P*I*D idea ! Suffice attribute cap and next stupid cap !!! Many players wanna be fighters and who have a/d higher than 130, they did this lvls many, many, many days ! And what about dragons, chims and more creatures ? When "Newbies" want be strong, so they are going traning. Who is playing here from start this game, so they must me one of best tahn player, who start tomorrow....

My belief is NO

Edited by gaborec

Ya i bet ermabwed wont fail at all on a Hydrogenium Bar. I think thats Horrible Why not cap alch to 80 so things can be more Fun and challenging. I sometimes miss when i attack a monster and it would only be right for him to fail more frequently on some bars. i have a 90 alch and i never fail on a hydro bar.

Edited by LuciferX

There are successful caps in other games, so what features are we lacking that keeps people playing those games?

Good PvE :)

Not being penalized when you die (with loss of items or rosto)

and loads others im sure

Edited by conavar

There are successful caps in other games, so what features are we lacking that keeps people playing those games?

Good PvE :)

Althought that would be another topic to discuss, I would ask not what are we lacking, but what might have been taken away that makes so many players leave at high level every so often :P I think there is a little problem here of retaining the players we have throughout their old age ;)

Edited by LuciferX

so limit nonfighting skills first to see how it works. recommended lvls for the best items in manu, alch, craft r far beyond the levels of top players in those skills. But in a/d? Ice dragon has higher a/d than any player here. So why the hell put limit on a/d skills and not in nonfighting skills? if a/d 130 then 90 lvls for the rest...to make it fair.

And for erma..u can go to Hall of fame in alch too :) like fighters in a/d

Edited by TooMass

this game is original and unique in its own way , i dont think radu's intentions are to mimic other games, but to create his own unique gaming experience..... a game without low caps is part of his experience .,,,

Edited by mufossa

I think this is a bad idea because there is so many people who have work very had to get there a/d very high over the years, but then you are suggesting to put caps of 130 a/d i really don't see the point because then many people would just quite. The game is fine as it is.

I think this is a bad idea because there is so many people who have work very had to get there a/d very high over the years, but then you are suggesting to put caps of 130 a/d i really don't see the point because then many people would just quite. The game is fine as it is.

Ermabwed is just trying to stir up trouble because he is a top player in every skill except a/d - where he and his guild are umm.. quite the contrary. I guess the lil guys are getting sick of the fighter branching and pking them so he resorts to dirtbag methods such as this to try to screw everyone.

I vote NO!! I like training A/D. Why implement caps? Why not let the game developers & Radu do their thing?

P.S. Put titanium Everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!! Timmay!

Cap alch 80 :) leave a/d alone.

Why cap any skill that low 178 is good enough if people ever get that far, why not leave it is as it is radu has done a excellent job making the game.

As has been mentioned already, the PK server has an a/d cap at 100. If people want to see how (or IF) it works, come on over. A serious trainer can reach 100 a/d in a few months (right?). Not to painful to try it out in a community setting and see if it's a good thing or bad.

We currently have two working theories as to what will happen as multiple people hit the cap:

1. They'll get bored and either switch to other skills or quit.

2. They'll shift their focus to other PK supporting skills (like magic, ranging, etc) and more OAs to give them the edge against other capped players.

As has been mentioned already, the PK server has an a/d cap at 100. If people want to see how (or IF) it works, come on over. A serious trainer can reach 100 a/d in a few months (right?). Not to painful to try it out in a community setting and see if it's a good thing or bad.

We currently have two working theories as to what will happen as multiple people hit the cap:

1. They'll get bored and either switch to other skills or quit.

2. They'll shift their focus to other PK supporting skills (like magic, ranging, etc) and more OAs to give them the edge against other capped players.

Both theories are less fun. In fact they make the game sound like an experiment more than something i would want to spend my time doing.

As much as we love adapting to change, This is a game and we play it to have fun. No one wants to be forced to do another skill when they are already enjoying their own skill. obviously it would not be fun for a fighter to hit level 100 hand have to do something he enjoys less than fighting..

Edited by LuciferX

No one wants to be forced to do another skill when they are already enjoying their own skill.
Just a small point-of-order, but a cap does not stop you from working a skill. And if the only way you get "enjoyment" is by getting exp, perhaps a little more diversity would be good anyway?

Anyway, there won't be any a/d cap (besides for level 172 or whatever it is).

But things might change a little when we will have shape shifting in the game (especially PKing shape shifting creatures). The phoenix, for example, will be a really useful creature because it will have fast regeneration and a chance not to die. This way, many people might leave all their expensive stuff in the storage and go and PK as phoenixes.

What can be done, and I am not sure if people would like it or not, is to cap a/d to 100 but ONLY for PKing purposes. So when you PK you are capped to 100 a/d, when not, not.

Perhaps just having one arena that works like this would be good.

(which is basically a suggestion from eMPi from a long time ago ;) )

thats really stupid idea,players are training couple of days for good skills,ex. a/d and now u will give cap on a/d 100? they were also noobs and trained that,so i dunno ,why u cannot train that urself also that high,and if u want this stupid low cap,go on test server,on main server is cap 130 stoopid idea

thats really stupid idea,players are training couple of days for good skills,ex. a/d and now u will give cap on a/d 100? they were also noobs and trained that,so i dunno ,why u cannot train that urself also that high,and if u want this stupid low cap,go on test server,on main server is cap 130 stoopid idea

But think it this way: Those who already have a/d 130 or more, will be at least 172 a/d when someone, who starts playing now, get's a/d 130.

But anyways it's too late to make cap now, when there's maybe 50+ players over the lvl.

Perhaps just having one arena that works like this would be good.

(which is basically a suggestion from eMPi from a long time ago ;) )

Well, we have arenas that are kind of sort of like that (caps), and they are not really used.