Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
handyman

MAIN SERVER Pkers Please read I am After your wisdom

OK question to all the experienced PKers on main What strategy would you use to kill me my stats are a/d/p/c/r/w/i/v 96/98/48/48/20/12/4/20 (these will change went i reach cap from training to full pking stats)

Take into account that i can heal faster than a dragon can remove my health also I have time to use harm against the dragon, use magic immunity when pking my magic is 55 and i can heal faster then an attack with any amount of damage rings even with out a COL on

one player that has reach the cap can hold off two capped players quite easy

Remember no cool down on srs's or rings so diss and tele and restore is not a problem like on main

Please share your wisdom we me / if you cant think of a way pls also comment

Cheers guys

Handyman Thor

Tbh its pretty hard to kill someone with no cooldown (TD has shown us that, jsoc is the only real killer weapon there)

One vs One fight with no cooldown and no jsoc, no one should die.. with no cooldown on diss rings would be hard even to make a impact by diss catching in an arena.

Only imo (and probs wrong lol ) that you could die is by 2 or 3 players hitting you with high dmg weapons .ie halberd/bronze swords , but do you even have them on pk server ?

No wonder I own you :P

me thinks he has banged his head again ROFL

Only imo (and probs wrong lol ) that you could die is by 2 or 3 players hitting you with high dmg weapons .ie halberd/bronze swords , but do you even have them on pk server ?

Thank you for your input and no we dont have weapons like that not yet anyway i think since game started about 15 binding stones have been found maybe less

Handy

I don't think people have tried halberd yet but we could buy a bronze sword from the NPC. can't we? never even looked for it :P

We don't have uber weapons and binding stones being so rare I doubt there probably will (at least in the next year)

PKing on the PK Server:

Head to Head -- Full gear, packed with potions and essences ==> money/item sink

the only way one will die is on Day of the Brave or if they agree and respect a no diss agreement

While training -- Unexpected attack, sometimes we train while multi-playing and we don't even pay attention to all the characters, making it easy to die while looking the other way

I used to harvest/mix while fighting. Even making SRs while training on fluffy with 87/90 a/d (using leather and steel armor and bone) was quite easy.

Most of the rostos I have lost on the PK server were lost while typing on another character, forgetting to check the character fighting as often as needed.

Edited by Segor

Actually, we can't. O the last no break day I went to C2 to look for the NPC who sells them, and they were not there, and if you want one Manu'd, your looking at a level 70+ Manu'er.. And thats a similar story for the Halberd, your going to need a decent Manu'er. I think bkc56 is the highest, with 58-60 Manuacture, which is only just enough for Titanium Greaves/Cuisses.

There is a problem with lack of Cooldown, and the weapons we can use. Titanium Serp isn't going to do alot of good against someone with CoL. And there are very few Binding Stones in the game, causing the prices of Great Swords to be so high, and people not wanting to break them. Unlike main where you can get them for ~22k, on PK Server they're closer to 100k.

Ofcourse, more players who come, the more chance of rare stones being found, and the prices dropping, but as it is now, it's a little to hard.

Titanium Serp isn't going to do alot of good against someone with CoL. And there are very few Binding Stones in the game, causing the prices of Great Swords to be so high, and people not wanting to break them. Unlike main where you can get them for ~22k, on PK Server they're closer to 100k.

The only way out of this is to put sword npc back or sell Binding stones from the shop or wait another year

If the npc was returned then everyone can afford to own a Great sword as they are now in the game anyway also would make people use them as they are easy to replace (great for killing chims)

Lets face it wont be long before TIT plate is here there is no stopping the evolution of this server

I am glad everyone is being sensable about this and keeping it on topic :P

So top end weapons wont be around for a while but great swords are possible but does that have much impact on the pKing problems ?

I'm still looking for some adrenalin and skill and even with a jagged sabre how will you pk me ?

Edit: and no buying a brod to break my col sword (only wear steel chain and leather armour) and then using a Bod isnt the answer or is it the only answer

Handy

Edited by handyman

Titanium Serp isn't going to do alot of good against someone with CoL. And there are very few Binding Stones in the game, causing the prices of Great Swords to be so high, and people not wanting to break them. Unlike main where you can get them for ~22k, on PK Server they're closer to 100k.

The only way out of this is to put sword npc back or sell Binding stones from the shop or wait another year

If the npc was returned then everyone can afford to own a Great sword as they are now in the game anyway also would make people use them as they are easy to replace (great for killing chims)

Lets face it wont be long before TIT plate is here there is no stopping the evolution of this server

I am glad everyone is being sensable about this and keeping it on topic :P

So top end weapons wont be around for a while but great swords are possible but does that have much impact on the pKing problems ?

I'm still looking for some adrenalin and skill and even with a jagged sabre how will you pk me ?

Handy

Ah ofcourse, it's still going to be difficult to PK you even with a JS, or any other great sword.. I think, something needs to change in the Server, as it is now it's very difficult to PK someone, eve using good tactics, because all they will do is use all there SR's, then just diss. Atleast with CD back on them it makes for better PK'ing, atleast more tactics needed anyways.

I'm not to sure about putting the NPC back in, ofcourse it has it's benifits, but it would reduce the price of Binding Stone by a hell of alot, because they are 40k to buy from the NPC. Which would be better for us PK'ers, and give us chance to use Binding Stone for Armours, rather than swords.

I'd still like to see the Armour one out of Game though, because people would just buy everything there, which isn't cool, people should Manu Armours, makes them more rare. Ofcourse I'd still like to see the CoL/Magic Item NPC removed, would add for more intresting PK'ing.

I'd like to see some changes to the server, to increase pk'ing/players on the Server, a possible topic should be created about it, so people can talk about what they want.

#Edit - I don't think BRoD is the answer for this server.

Edited by Liquid

do you have the new wards on the pk server?

I think so, but like people have said, we don't have alot of people who do those sorta skills. (Tailor, Engi, Range.) because it's expensive to pay for 10-30k books over there, people just do what they need. (Potion, Alch.)

Well i had a guildie pk a higher lvl (higher by a lot) with wards and magic. 2 seconds or so. He got nmt and some other stuff.

Why dont you develop other strategys to your PKing. The game has changes a lot since a/d/p/c was the way to go in pk.

Also:

Take into account that i can heal faster than a dragon can remove my health also I have time to use harm against the dragon,

wtf?

you can do this on pk server, has dragon got reduced stats there too?

Edited by ohmygod

Also:
Take into account that i can heal faster than a dragon can remove my health also I have time to use harm against the dragon,

wtf?

all that fighting with you taught me something :P

No with 300 hp dragon hit 80 hp i got over 200 restor no cooldown on srs so i heal srs harm srs heal srs srs srs and do it all again

With my stats i killed 20 yetis the other day also mirror cloak helps

Handy

Edited by handyman

Also:

wtf?

all that fighting with you taught me something :P

No with 300 hp dragon hit 80 hp i got over 200 restor no cooldown on srs so i heal srs harm srs heal srs srs srs and do it all again

Handy

Ahh, forgot no cooldown on srs, ie no xmana pots needed. I am tired.

They will just waste millions of essies to kill eachother but you wont succeed at all :medieval:

End of the game, thanks for playing...

Well, there are ways to kill people, perhaps time for someone to build a ranger on the pk server, train it up....or an engineer, mad bomber type would be usefull where almost all maps are pk.

Team work will be the key to pking on pk server.

Well, there are ways to kill people, perhaps time for someone to build a ranger on the pk server, train it up....or an engineer, mad bomber type would be usefull where almost all maps are pk.

Good luck finding enough people to make a TEAM on pk server.

-Kaddy

-Kaddy

Very true indeed

Was the reason I left the pk server was the lack of intrest

However if there is enough people to form just two guilds?

-Kaddy

Very true indeed

I dont still think it will work. W/o jsoc or some other uber utter $$$ st00f, its very hard to kill people w/o cooldown, which is why we dont PK in TD, because w/o nexus (or armor) cap, PKing in TD is just a waste of essies/pots. Noone will ever die in there if someone lags or resync's, or just gangbang with 10vs1.

-Kaddy

Well i had a guildie pk a higher lvl (higher by a lot) with wards and magic. 2 seconds or so. He got nmt and some other stuff.

Why dont you develop other strategys to your PKing. The game has changes a lot since a/d/p/c was the way to go in pk.

Thank you very much for showing people that there are ways to do things :pickaxe:

Adjust to the game is sometimes a lot easier than having the game adjusted to us.

Edited by Segor

-Kaddy

Very true indeed

I dont still think it will work. W/o jsoc or some other uber utter $$$ st00f, its very hard to kill people w/o cooldown, which is why we dont PK in TD, because w/o nexus (or armor) cap, PKing in TD is just a waste of essies/pots. Noone will ever die in there if someone lags or resync's, or just gangbang with 10vs1.

-Kaddy

Teh reason most people dont pk in td is not beacsue it is a waste of dis rings and ess's. It is because most are too afraid to fight on that map and loose there st00f

-Kaddy

Very true indeed

-Kaddy

Teh reason most people dont pk in td is not beacsue it is a waste of dis rings and ess's. It is because most are too afraid to fight on that map and loose there st00f

Yes.. on NDD TD is PACKED with pkers near dp exit.. agree with you there Wizzy