Eternal Lands Official Forums
handyman

Discussion about the problems with pk and How could we make it better

... also was attacked by summoning stones This made a big effect to how i pked (summoning stones bears = mana drain / tigers = cooldown) some dont like them but gave weeker players a better chance.
The 75% fail on summoning stones was added early in the life of the PK server to prevent easy kills of the top-level PKers who, at the time, weren't very strong yet. They were used like this by a very limited set of people I believe.

Is it perhaps time to re-thank that change? Perhaps a better success rate (or even 100% again) might bring their usage back again and change the PK dynamic.

The 75% fail on summoning stones was added early in the life of the PK server to prevent easy kills of the top-level PKers who, at the time, weren't very strong yet. They were used like this by a very limited set of people I believe.

Is it perhaps time to re-thank that change? Perhaps a better success rate (or even 100% again) might bring their usage back again and change the PK dynamic.

At the beginning of the game it was to easy for players to just go buy aloud of stones and go around the spawns killing everyone, Because bears killed us easy

This lead to other players saying they want to stones removed

If they were put back to normal ie no fail on summoning stones when used this might be an alternative to removing cool down on srs's and rings

Why? Because the cool down still works when hit by Tigers - So the use of tiger/bear stones could then effect Pk, would definitely make it more interesting

Handy Thor

Wassup,

cooldown is not fair, for the top a/d'ers it doesn't matter. However any lower leveled charackter wont stand a chance with full cooldowns. Summon stones are lame, they don't require any skill to use.

And dis rings are needed too especially for harvesters/alts versus pkers.

ProHibited

Wassup,

cool down is not fair, for the top a/d'ers it doesn't matter. However any lower leveled character wont stand a chance with full cool downs. Summon stones are lame, they don't require any skill to use.

And dis rings are needed too especially for harvesters/alts versus pkers.

ProHibited

Your missing the point this is about how to make pking more interesting and less boring on the Pk server nothing about mixers/harvesters

OK ProHibited as a lower lvl character Tell me how would you Pk me now?

I have not died yet only once when i went afk lol and then the person who tried to kill me died once and came back for another go

I want players to be able to pk me

Then i might find someone brave enough to actually give me a fight and not diss every time they see my name

The only char that will stay for a while is WooDeH and then when he gets low on srs will diss and tele (he can even hold off two high lvl attackers easy)

So i ask you again what strategy would you use now as things stand to PK me and if you can even think of one then why have you not used it?

We are discussing ways to make pking more fun. I don't care if people think this is the harvesting server or the mixing server i still want it to be the PK server.

Summon stones are lame, they don't require any skill to use.

I agree they don't require any skill to use, but they do take skill to fight against if someone is using stones against you, you can be hit with cool down /mana drain/ freezing all things that would give a weaker pker a chance against stronger one .

Handyman Thor

Fights atm are fun enough for me, if they become boring ill just stop fighting :P and do stuff that is more fun.

must be a first time I have to agree with pro :)

as soon as I noticed fighting wasn't xp profitable I moved to alchemy :P

The only char that will stay for a while is WooDeH and then when he gets low on srs will diss and tele (he can even hold off two high lvl attackers easy)

in the beginning most of the PK was done while someone was training. Today this still happens but seems people want to go head to head, main server stile, and see who wins. To go head to head just do it as on main server, get a tournament together and if someone disses or disses they lose.

Apparently someone wants the kills to bring PKi or something like that. Who cares about PKi? I have had people saying they killed me and that they got PKi from me while I was at a safe storage alone :P

Please thing a bit about it and don't try to make too many changes that will make pking on the PK Server like pking on the main server.

Things are different, you can pk people anytime and almost anywhere. If anyone wants to do anything besides chatting while sitting at a storage or IP they will be pkable.

Edited by Segor

in the beginning most of the PK was done while someone was training

In the beginning everyone was killing each other (like old school and it was great)

So do we change the servers name to the dissing server He who disses looses

I want to see their torn and twisted bodies beneath my feet

I don't care about Pki but it would be nice if someone would attack me now and then. Its the adrenalin rush when fighting killing or being killed i miss. (maybe me turning outlaw is the answer)

Kicking everyone from my guild and just go round killing you all MHA ha ha. :P

Handyman (sorry got carried away a bit) :)

I want to see their torn and twisted bodies beneath my feet

I don't care about Pki but it would be nice if someone would attack me now and then. Its the adrenalin rush when fighting killing or being killed i miss. (maybe me turning outlaw is the answer)

Kicking everyone from my guild and just go round killing you all MHA ha ha. :pickaxe:

I don't PK much but on the times I did they just poofed.. I saw no "twisted bodies beneath my feet" :whistle: j/k

About you going outlaw :mace: ... all I can predict is you hunting me for fun on the few times I am on :) . so bring it on :P

(did I get carried away also ?)

Your missing the point this is about how to make pking more interesting and less boring on the Pk server nothing about mixers/harvesters

OK ProHibited as a lower lvl character Tell me how would you Pk me now?

PK is not only about the top 95++ a/d players.

How am I going to kill you? With a team perhaps? Summons? ... How about NOT?

Let us use the summoning skill in PvP please.

Allow mixing with the manu window on pk-server, so we can summon during fighting. Or add req. summon levels to use specific stones.

ProHibited

PK is not only about the top 95++ a/d players.

How am I going to kill you? With a team perhaps? Summons? ... How about NOT?

Let us use the summoning skill in PvP please.

Problems with summoning is the cost or lack of ings in the game

Armed female orc requires tit longs

Same with male orc

Cyclops tit serp swords

fluffy rabit ele's

Thats the weekest summons that would make a difference all higher summons use even more rare ings

If we could summon bears and tigers spiders to get freezing/mana burn and cooldown then that would be cool and worth using (but they only come with stones and at 25%chance of working is not an option)

With a team perhaps?

Still would diss and tele when getting low on ings

Handy Thor

people come to play on this server just because freedom and no cooldowns. I think it might defeat the purpose of pk server. If theres going to be a cooldown then reimburse people there money for chars :evilgrin:

people come to play on this server just because freedom and no cooldowns. I think it might defeat the purpose of pk server. If theres going to be a cooldown then reimburse people there money for chars :(

that makes just as much sense to me as adding cooldown to the server... in other words, none what so ever :D

people come to play on this server just because freedom and no cooldowns. I think it might defeat the purpose of pk server. If theres going to be a cooldown then reimburse people there money for chars :P

This is only a discussion

If cooldown was implemented we are talking about it only being put on srs maybe rings nothing else so mixers still

can have some fun

The reason i started this thread was because the people who do pk (let me refraise that people that, do fight each other i dont mean people that kill harvesters) are finding it boring because no one ever wins the fight.

Also the server has gone through changes since it began and it will probably go through more before we come to a happy medium

If Radu can remove exp when in PvP How easy would it be for him to put cooldown back on srs's when in PvP this way cooldown wont work when training just when players attack each other?

This is a pk server so pking should have skill and be fun

At the moment no skill is needed / and its quiet boring just makin people diss all the time. Im sure woodeh and prohibited would like to kill me. at the moment there is no way unless i go afk because either i would just diss and tele or they would.

Summoning creature's to fight with us is no good because armed orc and above need rare items they we dont have sumoning stones are useless because of fail rate

This is a list of the only things i can think of to make pk more skillful also to give weeker players a chance

1: cooldown on srs/rings when in combat with another players only (if this is possible)

2: Maybe returning summoning stones back to normal. or make bear/tiger/spider summonable using summoning skill

3: Return the great sword seller so players will use these swords in combat and not be afraid of them breaking (the swords are in game now anyway so it would just give everyone a fair chance and binding stones will be saved for other stuff)

Who on this server is an actual pker

Who stands there and trades blows with someone near there own skill level

I dont mean harvest pker's

At the moment woodeh will stay for a while before dissing when he gets near the end of his srs's

Handy

Something needs to be changed, to increase what little PK there is. With radu maybe making KF no drop on Main Server, this means it should come to PK server too. Now I would be all for it, but I would like #pki removed, there is no need for it on this server, there isn't a list of the top players, so noone knows anyways. It's just something that gets in the way of PK'ing.

Ofcourse, cooldown on SR's would make EMP's have a use, and add a price on them. I'm not saying add cooldown to everything, that would make the mixers/other people leave and we don't want that. But maybe adding it to fighting/pking items wouldn't be such a bad idea?

#Edit - Aother couple of ideas:

- Make Summon Stones 50%, not 25%.

- Add the Great Sword NPC back into game.

- Remove Brod &/or Tanta.

- Increase chance of finding Stones whilst Harvesting.

Edited by Liquid