Eternal Lands Official Forums
handyman

Discussion about the problems with pk and How could we make it better

Ok i mentioned this before but its time for all players views

Main problem is we hit each other time and time again until we are low on He's/srs then dis/tele and thats about it

There is no real skill What can make it Better?

My 2 Suggestion for making it better

1: Put cool down back on Srs

2: Return summoning stones back to normal

With cool down on srs you will need to use your mana wisely

The summoning stone can play a good part in pking and also give an advantage to the weaker player

What do you think of these idea's and do you have any others ???

Edited by handyman

may i just say if cool down was put back on srs then that would mean others wont have the same advantage as we did in training so maybe thats not the fairest way

Handy

@the summoning part be good but heres prob i have i built shadow to be summ did nto know stones had been made mostly worthless untill i made 29 bear and none worked not one so reset him and now what io am supposed to reset him again? dont make since

I understand what you are saying but this is not about reseting chars or what chars have done its just to get views about what would make for a better PK fight

at the moment its boring who ever has most he's/srs's wins and thats can take a while also there is no skill to it

Handy

If any changes i would have to agree with bigshock.

but might as well just shut it down then we would lose half of players we got now

Server wipe+reconstruction. People will get brand new chars same names and P2P if they had it. Only real solution.
I'm confused... :)

Changes are made all the time on main to adjust PKing and other aspects of the game without needing to do a full char wipe. This includes some very fundamental stuff like the removal of mix delays and the addition of cooldown. Other changes were extremely significant to those who got levels before and after the change (like mana drain going from 4 to 6 AEs).

Why is a char-wipe the only way to fix things on the PK server?

at the moment its boring who ever has most he's/srs's wins and thats can take a while also there is no skill to it

I'm not playing on PK server but wanted tell my opinion about it as a 4-year-old PKer.

With Col's and no cooldowns, you cant expect anything different. Because people is not stupid enough (some of them are) to die with 300ish hp and no cooldowns.

If its a PK server, it should be totally oldschool server with PK map everywhere (except some). And you would see how many people would play it. With max armor = iron plate set, max weapon = tit serp (thermal maybe if you pay radu), it would be a total ownage, no cols or summoning stones or other crap.

My2liras;

-Kaddy (Co-founder of wWw and proud husband of LadyAz)

I disagree with the summoning stones, you are back having something else do the work (in this case, fighting) for you.

I don't mind PK the way it is there (for the few days I have experienced it). If fights are to long, THEN WHAT HONESTLY IS PK? First we complain that fights are to short, now they are too long? Can radu ever please us?

The fighting part is fine how it is.

My suggestions:

no summoning stones, no brod, no brod, cap pp spent in attribs (take make fighters take on secondary skills) to maybe 100-120 pp, which is reasonable.

endofpost

indifferent0012.gif

No cooldown is a great thing for mixers but what if instead of just making cooldown on SRs why not make normal (or adjusted) cooldown in PK areas only?

This would provide the mixers the ability to mix with veggies/fruits to their hearts content and also give the Pkers more of a challenge.

I think that maybe the PK server should have more time spent into making PK more to the liking of the people that paid to play there rather than just keeping it the way it is when the server is causing issues with "most" of the community there.

I don't think that a character whipe + reconstruction of the server is needed (totally newb idea imo) because any changes can be made to the server via Radu and it would be very dumb to take away the stats that the players worked hard for.

Also I like KADLUB's idea about limited armors/weapons. (Don't allow any weapons higher than tit serps, armors no greater than iron sets)

Although I don't agree about removing CoLs because not only are they useful for fighters but they are useful for harvesters who are having bad astro.

And would it be such a bad idea to have random map invasions BUT scheduled ones for the PK server players so they may work together knowing that at (specific time/day) they will have invasions and not wait for just randoms ones like on the main?

I think that these ideas could spice things up a little.

PaulB & BO$$ guild.

P.S.

A note to radu

Dear Radu,

I was wondering if their could be one time a year that $1 rostogol stones be sold on the main server and to prevent abuse maybe allow a purchase of only 5 - 10 of them for the special deal. It would be great to have more PK on the main as I really miss seeing filled arenas. :)

Sincerely,

PaulB

I don't think that a character whipe + reconstruction of the server is needed (totally newb idea imo) because any changes can be made to the server via Radu and it would be very dumb to take away the stats that the players worked hard for.

Also I like KADLUB's idea about limited armors/weapons. (Don't allow any weapons higher than tit serps, armors no greater than iron sets)

Although I don't agree about removing CoLs because not only are they useful for fighters but they are useful for harvesters who are having bad astro.

And would it be such a bad idea to have random map invasions BUT scheduled ones for the PK server players so they may work together knowing that at (specific time/day) they will have invasions and not wait for just randoms ones like on the main?

I think that these ideas could spice things up a little.

I've quoted everything I completely agree with.

Character wipe: are you out of you mind? Talk about throwing the baby out with the bathwater! Sure if there are changes later that make it more challenging we, those of us who have been here, will have had an advantage at the beginning, but hey! We deserve it! We've been around since the beginning!

No cooldown: No thank you. It is one of the great perks of the server. I don't think we should touch even SRs becuase, sure, if two well-matched players PK, the fight can be long. But how about when a 60s a/d attacks a 40s a/d? Cooldown equals death. No coodown gives the weaker player a great assistance. I can't tell you how many times I've managed to escape death because of it and vice-versa.

If the fight is lasting too long, diss. Carry more stuff than the other guy. Train higher magic. Use that time to summon something. Don't punish the weak because the strong are bored.

Edit: Oh, and I wanted to add in about invasions--no problems there! MrHide does a fantastic job of noticing newer players, seeing when there are a few online, and giving them a good map to play/train on. They are usually pretty frequent (2-5 times a week), so scheduling in advance with only 30 or so players isn't really necessary.

Edited by sygon

If its a PK server, it should be totally oldschool server with PK map everywhere (except some). And you would see how many people would play it. With max armor = iron plate set, max weapon = tit serp (thermal maybe if you pay radu), it would be a total ownage, no cols or summoning stones or other crap.

This was how it was in the begining of this server

At first lots of people and lots of fighting/killing But most still left at this stage Befor COL'S were bought and we were still on tit longs mabye 1 or 2 tit serps in game. So the old school didnt last People left before we made higher stuff.

Server wipe+reconstruction. People will get brand new chars same names and P2P if they had it. Only real solution.

This would just make players leave imo loosing all the hard work they had put into the game I got to agree with Bkc56 on that one

I always go what the majority wants but the idea of this thread was to generate some good idea's How to Improve pking on the server

At the moment even 2 on 1 it no problem untill you getting lol on ings then dis/tele

Handy

In my opinion a 'solution' would be:

+CoL increases you maximum life points with 60, damaged with 40 or some other numbers.

Why should CoL give much less extra health?

-Less health = harder to stay alive, or have to heal much sooner (wasting resources)

-For training 60 health increase will still give a good enough advantage, that is needed to kill really strong monsters. If needed MoL's can be used.

-If the numbers were reduced to say ~100 nothing would change, 100 is still a way too large boost.

+Cooldown on ALL rings, ~5 seconds.

Why just ~5 seconds?

-Lower leveled charackters will still be able to use dis rings to disengage + beam (or just run)

-Higher leveled charackters will still be able to use dis rings to disengage but probably have SD perk so it will be harder for them to get away.

+Cooldown on SRS, ~5 seconds.

Why ~5 seconds.

-IF there has to be a cooldown on SRS (I dont like it too much..) I think 5 seconds is just fine.

-This wont have an impact on training, so no advantage to anyone (I think...)

The high-end stuff like CoL, MoL, great swords, armours etc... They are a must have on the server, gives everyone something to save for, which is good. I dont think that it is overpowered. If some1 uses that kind of gear and you cant beat them? Then you can just use BROD, like yaser.

As for the idea to reset the server, wtf will it change... makes people leave for sure. Or at least not train that often anymore. Server is good as it is, with some adjustments it can be better.

PK is not dead,, I kill so many players... :)

EDIT:

I think more invasions would be great, To make things fair for everyone. Atm you wont see too many invasions unless you live in the right timezones. I think that hosting (automated?) invasions ALWAYS at 00:00 or 3:30 orso ingame time would be great. Of course not EVERY day but IF they are hosted at a specific ingame time, and so that all timezones get an even distribution.

ProHibited

Edited by ProHibited

Want to increase PK? There are a couple ways of doing this.

Restart the server, remove C2 (Which then removes all NPCs). Add cooldown back to SR's, remove attribute cap, leave the attack & defence cap. Increase the chance of finding stones, apart from the rostogol stone, make that even more rare, so people get drops.

That would be awesome, but it wont happen.

The thing to do now is remove Tanta, and all her Items. Add cooldown back to SR's, and remove #PKi.

I believe everyone has the experience that it is impossible to please everyone.

The server as it is, brought a couple players to the server as time went by and the dust settled, and from what I see when I log and here in the forums, more keep coming.

All those that play the server at the moment are playing it because of the settings it has, as most miss the community on main. In my opinion, apart from multi-playing, if you set the PK Server the same way as the main server you will see a couple players go away.

There are several ways to kill high level creatures/players, use your head and all the skills available. Or does everyone that reaches the a/d cap has to be able to kill other similar fighters in 5 seconds?

I get complaints of people dieing in 3 seconds, people flee when they see my tag or even before they see me just because they can be attacked, there are diss rings that everyone can use if they have the time... Is anyone trying to bring to the PK Server arena pking? :)

There are ways to kill people fast, they require some effort in your build, or a huge team of players. I like the second option, so more players are always welcome.

If a few changes would attract more players, I think that is what should be done. I'm sure Entropy can relate to that ;P

EDIT:

Yes I get A LOT of complaints too when I kill some1 in a few seconds... Only solution to not being able to kill some1 (that has *some* a/d) is to change everything, the way your chances to hit/doge are caluculated, the dmg you get/recieve etc. Game mechanics are good enough to ensure a player can kill another player that is a bit stronger. If you are just much weaker, run for your life :)

ProHibited

Edited by ProHibited

There are ways to kill people fast, they require some effort in your build, or a huge team of players. I like the second option, so more players are always welcome.

If a few changes would attract more players, I think that is what should be done. I'm sure Entropy can relate to that ;P

EDIT:

Yes I get A LOT of complaints too when I kill some1 in a few seconds... Only solution to not being able to kill some1 (that has *some* a/d) is to change everything, the way your chances to hit/doge are caluculated, the dmg you get/recieve etc. Game mechanics are good enough to ensure a player can kill another player that is a bit stronger. If you are just much weaker, run for your life :)

ProHibited

Right, with no cooldown! Adding 5 sec cooldown just gives the stronger player a 5 sec advantage on top of the advantage he/she already has.

Seriously, if the fight is geting boring, you're not being creative enough in the way you're fighting. Instead of just saying "let's get rid of cooldown," then shouldn't we be thinking of other ways to use the advantage in the fight? For example summoning.

OK, maybe we were a bit premature in changing those stones since we now see that summoning with no cooldown makes for very quick training, and therefore a useful tactic. Except for that pesky summoning stone issue.

Changing summoning the stone back and introducing summoning as a far more used skill seems like a better idea than changing cooldown. If the stones are changed, summoners will want their no cooldown back, so let's not be premature there, too.

I believe everyone has the experience that it is impossible to please everyone.

The server as it is, brought a couple players to the server as time went by and the dust settled, and from what I see when I log and here in the forums, more keep coming.

All those that play the server at the moment are playing it because of the settings it has, as most miss the community on main. In my opinion, apart from multi-playing, if you set the PK Server the same way as the main server you will see a couple players go away.

There are several ways to kill high level creatures/players, use your head and all the skills available. Or does everyone that reaches the a/d cap has to be able to kill other similar fighters in 5 seconds?

I get complaints of people dieing in 3 seconds, people flee when they see my tag or even before they see me just because they can be attacked, there are diss rings that everyone can use if they have the time... Is anyone trying to bring to the PK Server arena pking? :rolleyes:

100% agree. Well said. We are an alternative.

I think more invasions would be great, To make things fair for everyone. Atm you wont see too many invasions unless you live in the right timezones. I think that hosting (automated?) invasions ALWAYS at 00:00 or 3:30 orso ingame time would be great. Of course not EVERY day but IF they are hosted at a specific ingame time, and so that all timezones get an even distribution.

ProHibited

I agree with this, I havent been in an invasion for so long, because i can never get on at the right times :rolleyes:

+Cooldown on ALL rings, ~5 seconds.

Why just ~5 seconds?

-Lower leveled charackters will still be able to use dis rings to disengage + beam (or just run)

-Higher leveled charackters will still be able to use dis rings to disengage but probably have SD perk so it will be harder for them to get away.

+Cooldown on SRS, ~5 seconds.

Why ~5 seconds.

-IF there has to be a cooldown on SRS (I dont like it too much..) I think 5 seconds is just fine.

-This wont have an impact on training, so no advantage to anyone (I think...)

This I agree to, but not totally set my mind on wanting this, it would make it more of a fight, and less of a button mash.

Even this would be wicked awesome, it probably wont happen :). The way it is right now, it isnt worth it (i believe) to kill someone, other than for the sake of killing someone. After that, you would need some skill to kill someone (because they are being more protective of their stuff), and take their stuff, and not just "Yay, I killed Isenwolf, now what do I do... Post it on the channel so everyone can bask in my glory?"

Not sure if that made any sense...

relating Isenwolf's post, even though there is a lot of quotes, but I address them all.

1. We have automated invasions already, most of the time we don't know about them because GAIWS isn't functional yet.

2. No cool down is great and will be always great and I will always support it. I would be happy if I saw a player with 20 less a/d levels pawning me because of no cooldown and good strategy. ( and yes I believe it is possible)

3. Oldschool is no school. People will always adapt to the conditions of the game if they want to play it. It doesn't make a difference if there are rostos or not, if there is high armor or not as when it comes to fighting you will use something you can replace. If you can replace a titanium set you will wear them to fight, if you can replace only leather you will wear leather. At least that's my way of thinking and that's why I used COL to train for a couple of weeks before getting a NMT cloak. Or or main trained on polar bears with a COL when I had 4 in storage.

PS: ty Sy, we tend to share many points of view about this game :hehe:

Edited by Segor

Im just saying that I dont want full cooldown and all high-end items removed.

A few tweaks seem like much better solution to me. I don't really see the problem, but then again i'm not at capped a/d yet.

Fights atm are fun enough for me, if they become boring ill just stop fighting :P and do stuff that is more fun.

ProHibited

Some tweaks are usually harder to do than removing the problem all togeather, as it is now, with people having CoL's & no CD, it makes fighting very boring, and whoever bought the most HE/SR's wins, it's got nothing to do with who's the better PK'er.

Take the other day for example, I was fighting Handyman & Yaser at the same time. 2on1. And I had my CoL on, and all I did was restore until no mana, use SR's for full mana, restore until 0, etc etc, and when I ran out I just dissed.

Thats not fun PK'ing for anyone, the suggestions to remove such items would make for better PK for everyone, and give those lower levels a chance too. Ofcourse there will be high-end Items on the server, but people would have made them, so this makes for a better Market.

Another thing that could be done insted of adding Cooldown to SR's, would be make them not stackable again, so people can't carry 50-100 of them whilst PK'ing.

Either way, we as a community need to come to some sort of agreement, and talk to Radu about it, and see what he thinks.

Either way, we as a community need to come to some sort of agreement, and talk to Radu about it, and see what he thinks. liquid

We do? why?

Gambit

Some tweaks are usually harder to do than removing the problem all togeather, as it is now, with people having CoL's & no CD, it makes fighting very boring, and whoever bought the most HE/SR's wins, it's got nothing to do with who's the better PK'er.

Take the other day for example, I was fighting Handyman & Yaser at the same time. 2on1. And I had my CoL on, and all I did was restore until no mana, use SR's for full mana, restore until 0, etc etc, and when I ran out I just dissed.

Thats not fun PK'ing for anyone, the suggestions to remove such items would make for better PK for everyone, and give those lower levels a chance too. Ofcourse there will be high-end Items on the server, but people would have made them, so this makes for a better Market.

Another thing that could be done insted of adding Cooldown to SR's, would be make them not stackable again, so people can't carry 50-100 of them whilst PK'ing.

Either way, we as a community need to come to some sort of agreement, and talk to Radu about it, and see what he thinks.

Harm, poison, destruction rings, various weapons, a cloak.

They all help make fights last less :P

Harm, poison, destruction rings, various weapons, a cloak.

They all help make fights last less :)

On the main server yes but on PK server not much

The point some of are trying to get across is the difference between main and pk servers is is the no cool down on srs and rings

we never run out of mana so we just keep on restoring

I do this when i fight dragons I restore faster than the dragon can hit my HP when im out of sr's i diss and go get some more

Its the same when pking

here you go what makes a fight good or more skillfull on main server ?

When i played there There was cooldown on rings and potions also was attacked by summoning stones This made a big effect to how i pked (summoning stones bears = mana drain / tigers = cooldown) some dont like them but gave weeker players a better chance. always carried some emp's needed them from time to time with srs cooldown

Here we just stand and fight till one runs out of ings then dis and tele

Remember i set this thread so we can share are views pk and main server alike

Ok we tried OLD SCHOOL pk at the begining when server started it was great fun loads of pking some fights short others long BUT people got fed up and left found they didnt want OLD school pking

So what are the best bits about pking now ON MAIN SERVER I MEAN and how if you could adapt pk server would it make it better ??

Handy Thor