Eternal Lands Official Forums
Chosen

Removing 'Tanta' NPC.

Do you want to remove Tanta?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see Tanta removed?

• Yes I would.
    • Nope, keep her here.
    • Other, please state below.

I voted not to remove her. And I forgot to post why LOL *maybe I didn't press the Add reply button* LOL okay

I think if we have those items it will actually make the server grow.. why? Well think about how much money they cost.. so in turn you either had to level some skill to get the gc to buy those.. harvest/alc/ something... And then you wear it... with your shiny new armor.. something breaks and needs replaced.. you exchange monies with others to get new stuff and thus our circle is unending.. more business for others more breaks more business more breaks so on and so forth.

also, Simply.. if you dont have the money to buy a simple red cape.. but you have the money for the Items Tanta sells.. Then something is wrong.. or you need an accountant LOL :D

hehehehe

**** Disclaimer These opinions are just opinions and should not be taken as fact but of my own Crazy mind and thought* :D

For those who bought something from her, you should get your GC back..

Instant NO FUCKING WAY reply.

Fair enough. I only spent 100k.

i voted no.

it's not fair to me to lose 320kgc.

i have wasted lot of time in not training and being a mule for my alts. its 100% my money.

and the armor/gc u have is by trading main server items for pk server

btw u didnt spent 100kgc on col.........u got it FREE with Mango char kkty :D :D

so u dont lose anything and im the 1 losing 320kgc

I didnt vote, because i dont care.

I use only stuff (mostly) i can make myself and if someone wants to spend a load of gc's just to BroD the shit out of me and break my leather pants, go ahead :D

Piper

I'm not sure how Handy voted

Thats because i didn't vote :

But i do think its too late to remove the npc now (if it was at the beginning like people wanted then that would have been fine but now its would not be fair on newer players and I guess know one wants to loose their GC they have spent)

I don't like Brod's but they are part of the game i will just make sure i will have a red cape with me at all times.

We know they wont be removed from the game It has been tried so many times on the main server

I do believe its time for the great sword seller to make a return (we have cutlass and jagged sabers in game now so i believe if the sword seller npc was returned it would balance things out improve pking and also i would use my cutty to go kill chims try for some of these books

Handy

I do believe its time for the great sword seller to make a return (we have cutlass and jagged sabers in game now so i believe if the sword seller npc was returned it would balance things out improve pking and also i would use my cutty to go kill chims try for some of these books
With two or three people able to mix greater swords, why would we need the NPC to return? If we want more greater swords on the PK server (which I'm not sure we do) it would be better for the economy to just increase the odds for finding a binding stone.

No more polls plox ;)

-You don't agree with any of the options presented in the poll, choosing the 'best' option is not 'your' option, so you don't vote.

-A 60 against 40 poll result means nothing, especially if you take into account the people who did not vote. (because they don't like either of the options etc. etc.)

-Everyone has their own opinion, some want change, others want another change, and some will like to keep everything as it is.

-Most votes in a poll are solely to benefit the individual, they might turn out to be un-beneficial to the game mechanics / to new players who don't have the option to vote right now.

-Some aspects of the game should not be 'controlled' by the players.

-One poll result can often be interpreted in different ways.

+Of course everyone who starts a poll thinks they have valid arguments and believe that the outcome of their poll will have some meaning etc. But after a few pretty similar polls I don't believe that polls have such a great meaning.

+Personally I don't believe that a majority should get the privilege to change anything, unless 80%+ of the servers population has voted AND that 80%+ voted the same option, provided that there are options to suit everyones ideas.

Polls are a bad idea, unless properly formulated, enough participants, a vast majority votes for the same options. And even then, those who do not agree can still do whatever they like, unless a NPC is removed ofc...

Oh, no flames please :laugh:

:pinch:

No more polls plox ;)

-You don't agree with any of the options presented in the poll, choosing the 'best' option is not 'your' option, so you don't vote.

-A 60 against 40 poll result means nothing, especially if you take into account the people who did not vote. (because they don't like either of the options etc. etc.)

-Everyone has their own opinion, some want change, others want another change, and some will like to keep everything as it is.

-Most votes in a poll are solely to benefit the individual, they might turn out to be un-beneficial to the game mechanics / to new players who don't have the option to vote right now.

-Some aspects of the game should not be 'controlled' by the players.

-One poll result can often be interpreted in different ways.

I generally like polls, mostly for the reasons stated here.

1. No one says you have to vote, bu it is a way of having your voice heard (Obama '08!)

2. I agree that a 60% majority is not much; however, note that there were some main server players who didn't like the idea of the BRoD being removed here. I don't believe is this is truly only %60.

3. Polls allow for many voices to be accounted for quickly (not just the person who yells the loudest).

4. While Entropy may have complete contol over the game, that does not mean that he is opposed to well-contructed, meaningful input. When good suggestions are made, he listens. He has already stated on this particular thread that if Tanta were removed, no one would get their money back, which implies that he will listen to reasons for removing her.

5. TRUE! This thread began under some confusion, but now I believe it's clear what would be lost or gained through the removal of Tanta.

i say if you want to spend 320k to be a dick by buying a brod, go for it. i will be smart and spend 6k on a cape to prevent your entire plan from happening. i think the NPC should stay, beings people need col's, and brod/bod is a part of PK, and this is a PK server.