Eternal Lands Official Forums
Chosen

Removing 'Tanta' NPC.

Do you want to remove Tanta?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see Tanta removed?

• Yes I would.
    • Nope, keep her here.
    • Other, please state below.

Ok, so since it would be better to remove her, than add the others back in, I decided to make a Poll about it. For those who bought something from her, you should get your GC back.. Removing her would remove the other 'Special Items' from the game.

Crowns would still be able to be bought, but people would need to craft them, rather than Harvest for a day, and buy one.

Please post your PK Server name, and what you voted below. Thanks.

As one might gather from my post on the other thread, I voted 'yes'.

Also, I wouldn't mind that much if existing items weren't removed, they'll break eventually. Probably better to remove them so everyone is "even", but just preventing future sales would be enough I think.

I have not voted yet I will sleep on it first

I am trying to look at this from all players point of view rather than what I just want

The thing is how many people have benefited from training with Cols so far and is it fair for weaker players not to have the same advantage?

I am probably the closest one in game to making Cols and I have ings for 2 /3 with one more binding stone I am mid 40's craft and get 10 extra with god so in 1 week my craft can be good enough and I would have a COL

Which would be unfair on the rest

So I guess the COL is my main reason I would say no (thinking of the balance of the server)

The other items This Npc sells I can live with out

Is it possible to remove other item but leave COL and Com?

Handyman

Is it possible to remove other item but leave COL and Com?
I think that gets into a degree of fine-tuning that Entropy seems to want to avoid. The more differences between the servers the harder it is to maintain.

Actually, Entropy didn't remove the other two NPCs, they were moved to a location no one can get to.

Ok, so since it would be better to remove her in your opinion not mine

if you want to change major things in game this far into it restart and reset all chars you would prob like that too

i voted no

Gambit

I dont know why you are putting up a fuss about the col.. I see you sitting at votd sto with it on all the time.. not only that you have no problem wearing everytime you kill me.. or my guildies..

Edited by kit_gw

I don't think this is really about CoLs or CoMs. I think this is about BRoDs/BoDs.

To decide if we should get rid of her requires looking at everything she sells.

Axe of Freezing: Can go

Bear Summoning Stone: Can be made

Bone of Death: I say sure, let's get rid of it.

Branch of Destruction: Sure, let's get rid of it.

Crown of Life: Can and will be made in the near future. Yes, I want one, but I'll take the hard route to get it if I need to.

Crown of Mana: See CoL

Giant Spider Summoning Stone: Can be made

Skeleton Key: Can be bought elsewhere

Skull Key: Can be bought elsewhere

Staff of Protection: Sure, it can go

Staff of the Mage: Sure, it can go

Tiger Summoning Stone: Can be made

I vote YES. There is no need to keep BRoDs around. They only create issues.

I dont know why you are putting up a fuss about the col.. I see you sitting at votd sto with it on all the time.. not only that you have no problem wearing everytime you kill me.. or my guildies..

It's not about the CoL, read Sy;s post please, you'll understand. From a PK perspective, this makes sense.

I would not like to see it removed. I would like to see some items removed tho, but thats another question.

What would be even better is to change the stats on 'those' items. Like CoL gives less extra health, summon stones only work 1/4, BOD does only 100 (or less) extra damage. BROD could do something else, use some imagination. Don't just say we need to get rid of all that stuffs. :)

Handyman, when we were weaker players, we didn't use col for training either. (It would have been a waste... need magic exp :) )

ProHibited

For me it can go.

A COL for training is a huge boost from Cyclops on but nothing that can't be managed with a couple more hours training, after all there is an a/d cap.

For me it

What would be even better is to change the stats on 'those' items. Like CoL gives less extra health, summon stones only work 1/4, BOD does only 100 (or less) extra damage. BROD could do something else, use some imagination. Don't just say we need to get rid of all that stuffs. :)

The problem is that Ent doesn't want to do detailed changes like those. It would be far more simple to remove access to that NPC and hence those items. As was noted, the other useful items can be manufactured (eventually).

We'll thats 17 Votes so far, pretty much everyone who plays on the Server on a regular basis.. Votes for Yes remove it, need to see what Radu says about it now, I'll point him in this direction.

I still have not voted yet but your post said

Please post your PK Server name, and what you voted below. Thanks.

That is the fairest way to count the votes

I am still unsure what would be for the best at the moment both sides are understandable but also i would think its alot of work for Ent to remove 1 or several items from the NPC

I dont know if removing the npc all together would be fair on newer players

Handyman

I don't see why pk server should be privileged over main server by having brod(and other items) removed.
Well the fact is there are already a number of differences, like: extended PK areas, no cooldown, legal multi-play, no pvp experience, etc. We already have two NPCs removed (Horea, and Crisan). One more change isn't that big of a deal compared to all the other changes that already exist.

There have to be some advantages to motivate people to start over with a brand new char on the PK server.

I voted but didn't comment, now I think I should.

I voted to drop the bot, but more specifically to remove BroD. BoD is still up in the air with me.

There is a valid argument to keep BroD on the server in that the Cape of Unbreakable exists, and we are here to bust each other up in the first place. I would be happy with that but for the fact that the BroD directly affects armor and high level armor is rare here compared to Main. We can't by it from the store, and I still don't think we should be able to. Thus, BroD can destroy some particularly valuable items.

As far as the Bone goes if I got hit with one at 150 damage, then two of me would die at my level now! This isn't too big an issue since I die from just about anyones attack. Anyone strong enough to weild high level weapons, anyway. Up to this point in EL I have always fought only carrying items I can make myself and don't attack critters I know will destroy me easily. I've only carried a rosto once when I found it as a n00b, and have only seen one other (on Main.) So... BoD can go or stay.

Tanta, and the other stuff she sells can stay, I don't think that is the issue. Eventually everyone will have a CoL no matter what.

It just seem the Branch of Destruction has become a Bone of Contention :rolleyes:

I'd be fine with refunds to those whose have bought them, and everything else being water under the bridge.

I don't see why pk server should be privileged over main server by having brod(and other items) removed.
Well the fact is there are already a number of differences, like: extended PK areas, no cooldown, legal multi-play, no pvp experience, etc. We already have two NPCs removed (Horea, and Crisan). One more change isn't that big of a deal compared to all the other changes that already exist.

There have to be some advantages to motivate people to start over with a brand new char on the PK server.

I agree but most of those differences were set up before or at the very beggining of the pk server. Then we could talk about motivating people to bother with pk server at all.

Now if we look at the threads about the brod on the pk server I don't see anyone mentioning that they want it being removed to get more players there(maybe not literally, or I just missed that). Those threads are made by the people who already play the pk server and they don't like the fact that the brod exist there. Maybe it would bring pk server more players, maybe not, but it also applies to the main server.

My point is that there were many threads about removing brod from the main server and many(I wont say most, it's beyong my knownledge) people who would want it being removed(just like on the pk server, there are just more people playing on the main) but it didn't happend and propably not going to happend. So why you could* have it removed because you want it to happend while we can't?

*Entropy hasn't spoken yet tho, so probably I'm just wasting my time.

So why you could* have it removed because you want it to happend while we can't?

No specific reason. It just seems that the PK server is a smaller community and Entropy has been a little bit more responsive to the community preferences of those who play on the server. Enough so that it's worth the discussion and poll. But in the end, it's still Entropy's call (just like on main).

So why you could* have it removed because you want it to happend while we can't?

No specific reason. It just seems that the PK server is a smaller community and Entropy has been a little bit more responsive to the community preferences of those who play on the server. Enough so that it's worth the discussion and poll. But in the end, it's still Entropy's call (just like on main).

It is a completely different server; therefore a moot point. There are differences, there have been recent changes, and there will be more.

One of the biggest reasons this server was created was to offer an alternative. Our differences are what make us an alternatative.

You're right. Ent has his reasons for keeping the BRoD on the main server, but if those reasons don't carry over to the PK server, why not make those changes?

If Ent makes a change on the PK server, and you like it, come over and try it out.

As I see it the PK Server was always meant to be different from the main server.

Secondly it's a Pay2Play server, if a majority playing thinks that something would be better in a certain way, in my opinion, Radu as the person with the final decision should take it much into consideration. (yes i know therre is a lot of ppl supporting EL on the main server but here all accounts do)

To conclude, EL is constantly changing, Radu allows more changes on main than on the PK Server (eg. invasion tokens), and we end up getting them here wanting them or not. This is something we want and that only affects us. I use several items from Tanta, but to see BRoD go I don't mind see the NPC disappear.

For those who bought something from her, you should get your GC back..

Instant NO FUCKING WAY reply.

I'd still rather see her go and hear people bitch for two or three weeks than hear everyone bitch about BRoDs for the next however many years.

If she goes, is it possible to get rid of all of the BRoDs and let the people who bought CoLs keep those, or do they disappear, too? (Just a logistics question.)

For those who bought something from her, you should get your GC back..

Instant NO FUCKING WAY reply.

Fair enough. I only spent 100k.