Eternal Lands Official Forums
LabRat

Changes to client

....Forcing a double-click to activate might be a decent workaround as well. I would like to see the same for "Reset" in the session/exp counters.

I've just committed a change to require a double-click for the session "reset" button.

Is it? Configurable? :)

Would be awesome if it is, because I just realized I use "Drop All" quite a lot!

I've also added a config window option on the "control" tab to disable the need for a double-click. This option disables double-click for both the items "drp all" and session "reset" buttons.

I see no other way around, check if the ground_items_win is open

yes -> pickup all

no -> send open_bag

I submitted a patch on berlios which does this.

I agree this patch makes sense and indeed works. Anyone else have an opinion? I does mean we have to press the "get all" button twice sometimes where previously we did not. However, at least the contents we see will always be correct.

Edited by bluap

Thanks, very much appreciated! :)

The smaller button is something I'll get used to. :( (Or I'll just start drinking less...)

I've just modified the stoall button a bit. It now has an option (right click) not to store the bottom row of items. I keep teleport essence and rings there permanently and was finding it increasingly annoying that those got stored by the button too. If the server side store all is implemented, then this feature could be retained if the client passed the number of items to store. A very minor change, hope that's OK.

I've just modified the stoall button a bit. It now has an option (right click) not to store the bottom row of items. I keep teleport essence and rings there permanently and was finding it increasingly annoying that those got stored by the button too. If the server side store all is implemented, then this feature could be retained if the client passed the number of items to store. A very minor change, hope that's OK.

We're in a feature freeze .... anything that isn't a bug fix you whould make sure you talk to Entropy about first.

We're in a feature freeze .... anything that isn't a bug fix you whould make sure you talk to Entropy about first.

It is a very minor change, I tested it thoroughly and, if lacking-usability is a bug, it's a bug IMHO. I know we're in a feature freeze but I judged this change would be OK. You're probably correct, I should/could have checked with Entropy first. Book down my trousers, I stand ready to be chastised....

It is a very minor change, I tested it thoroughly and, if lacking-usability is a bug, it's a bug IMHO. I know we're in a feature freeze but I judged this change would be OK. You're probably correct, I should/could have checked with Entropy first. Book down my trousers, I stand ready to be chastised....

A couple releases ago we had some minor changes going in looking for receiving broken packets and the extra checking was bad and wasn't noticed until after the release. Even a simple change can have a hidden bug that could cause problems, which is why a freeze says it should oinly be bug fixes.

Any chance we can have "Remove Category" in the notepad require a double-click, to avoid erroneous and unrecoverable deletion of notes?

Yes, that could easily be done. Entropy would have to give his consent however.

Could you please consider the idea to create a keyboard shortcut for the "Get All" function? Or to add an "Open Bag" shortcut? It would be useful when fighting as some bags are really hard to get (large spider...). Actually the Get All function wouldn't require new code to be written, just a combination of keys that trigger the existing event, for those that play in small window and can't stay with inventory open all the time. :D

Can the text for the get/sto/etc all buttons be moved over to the left 1 or 2 px? It's really bugging me that there's no border for the text on the right hand side :medieval:

Can the text for the get/sto/etc all buttons be moved over to the left 1 or 2 px? It's really bugging me that there's no border for the text on the right hand side :medieval:

OK, try CVS version now....

Sorry i didnt check this sooner, I didn't compile the client for a while. It's better now however the text still needs to be moved over so that there is an equal space border on each side. On closer inspection it looks like there's only a 1 px border on the right side, but 3 on the left..so just move it over to the left one and it should be good.

They also could be moved down as it looks like there's a 1px border at the top and 6px on the bottom. So can that be made equal too?(3 top 4 bottom could work)

OK, just to check we are both seeing the same thing, I've posted a screen shot.

gallery_14814_13_33729.jpg

I agree, there is definately more border at the bottom (your trained artists eyes are much sharper than mine, I never noticed that!). However, the left and right borders look OK to me.

Hi, for me it's the same what Roja said:

sto-buttons.png

The text is in the upper right corner of the buttons...

My client runs in a window at 1274x997 (according to error_log.txt)

Edited by Sir_Odie

I have a feeling we will not be able to find a position that looks OK for everyone; this has happened before with other lines. I have just commited a change to CVS to change the distance from the top of the button so it looks central to me. I have also added some "temporary code" into the config options so that the position can be adjusted. On the "Details" tab you'll find "adjust graphics X" and "adjust graphics Y". Using these values you can move the button text position. Have a go and lets see what values look central for everyone. For me, [0,0] is fine.

Edit: Also try moving the items window around the screen. On my ancient X31 laptop, the best position changes, depending where you place the window!

Edited by bluap

Oh..that's weird. it's because of different OS's? Anyway, -1 X and +1 Y looks good for me on winXP.

For me -1/+1 works great under WinXP, too :=))

This is independent from the position of the items window (for me)...

ty for the patch, bluap :pickaxe:

Edit:

Seems there is a small bug in the code to load the new options: I can't load negative values, after re-login the '-1' becomes a '0'. The el.ini contains the correct value '-1'

Edited by Sir_Odie

Seems there is a small bug in the code to load the new options: I can't load negative values, after re-login the '-1' becomes a '0'. The el.ini contains the correct value '-1'

Bug! I just reused the existing function but now I see that checks for >=0 so I've added a new config function to allow a full range. Thanks for trying this and telling me of the bug.

I don't have windows on my main machine :pickaxe: but I can dust of windows on my old laptop and check. I suspect it is not just down to the OS but also/instead the graphics driver...

Edit: Using windows XP on my laptop I get x=-1, y=0 looking best.

Edited by bluap

Oh..that's weird. it's because of different OS's? Anyway, -1 X and +1 Y looks good for me on winXP.

It's very possibly that different drivers and different video cards will draw things like lines slightly differently. Differences like this are magnafied once you start working with 1 pixel differences on the screen.

As we are at the cosmetic changes, how about the vertical text-position in the channel-tabs?

channels.png

looks like the same positioning problem as in the buttons...

Edit: wrote a small patch (based on bluaps code) to correct this:

RCS file: /cvsroot/elc/elc/widgets.c,v
retrieving revision 1.156
diff -u -r1.156 widgets.c
--- widgets.c   10 May 2009 19:38:25 -0000   1.156
+++ widgets.c   10 May 2009 21:23:40 -0000
@@ -8,6 +8,7 @@
#include "asc.h"
#include "chat.h"
#include "cursors.h"
+#include "elconfig.h"
#include "elwindows.h"
#include "gamewin.h"
#include "global.h"
@@ -846,7 +847,7 @@
   glEnd();

glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);
-   draw_string_zoomed(W->pos_x + 2 + extra_space, W->pos_y + 2, (unsigned char *)l->text, 1, W->size);
+   draw_string_zoomed(W->pos_x + 2 + extra_space + gx_adjust, W->pos_y + 2 + gy_adjust, (unsigned char *)l->text, 1, W->size);
#ifdef OPENGL_TRACE
CHECK_GL_ERRORS();
#endif //OPENGL_TRACE

Edited by Sir_Odie

As we are at the cosmetic changes, how about the vertical text-position in the channel-tabs?

channels.png

looks like the same positioning problem as in the buttons...

Edit: wrote a small patch (based on bluaps code) to correct this:

Interesting, the chat button looks centred to me so my [0,0] setting would be fine. What about the x-axis, does your -1 value from before look better too?

Edited by bluap