Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ateh

invasion tokens

I was trying to convince yesterday a group of those who gathered the tokens in order to remove cockas from KJ to consider changing the request (since tokens have been already passed to Radu) and to place cockas elsewhere, not back to WV.

(this actually goes against my personal interest since I'd love to see WV more populated with monsters rather than less)

I have suggested Arius - Eastern Kyr Woodlands and Kyriban Marsh.

Also to some group members Hurquin, NRM, Zira and even EVTR Scarlet Woods were fine, but when I was leaving discussion late night it seemed the majority still wanted them back in WV.

Since the cockas are to be moved out of KJ at the next server update, I believe it is still enough time to change their final location. This way the majority of players community would be probably happy. I still recommend Arius, think about it ;-)

I have donated just one out of 4 tokens, so I assume this is now between the person who bought the rest, or the person who have passed these tokens to Radu, and him. I hope this will be further discussed and that a good new home for the cockas will be found.

EDIT: spelling errors plus comment in italic

Edited by Cruella

no PK areas

Well, there goes my plan. :)

The effect of this from a harvester point of view... those who mined iron in KJ have moved to evtr.

The tiny single piece of iron in evtr was already normally overcrowded. Now it's hitting unusable levels of people there.

Which means this has had the side-effect of making two iron spots unusable, not just one.

Iron being a pita to stock in the first place, this is quite possibly going to lead to more demand for purchased iron, hiking the price of iron to levels well over what it deserves. (The harder it is to stock, the more likely it is to be bought.)

Being a base ingredient for so many things, repercussions will be seen on the price of other items as well.

So moving them to KJ (whoever "paid" for them to be moved there) made most likely a more drastic game play change than what has been noted so far in the thread, ruining two primary iron mining spots, not just one.

Haven't checked the effect on silver mining yet.

Not a complaint, just a perspective. :( Though I'll be looking to get hold of tokens as well to get rid of them...

Tell me, did you notice a sudden decrease in prices when KJ was made non PK and the forest chims were moved?

Before my time :)

And no, I can't say for certain that's what will happen. I could be way off of course, Your response makes me think you disagree, and you've obviously got the past experience to make me think I just might be way off. :) Just giving a possible effect from one who (used to) mine iron there (or evtr at night).

Edited by GoodDay2Die

I want to clear something up here. While it's true Cruella has been posting, she isn't the one who got the 4 tokens together. I did with the help of my friends before i even knew there were plans to get them together. PM-ing her therefore, isn't of any use. PM-ing me won't be of any use either, because let's face it, i can't make all happy.

Tell me, did you notice a sudden decrease in prices when KJ was made non PK and the forest chims were moved?

Sorry, did not know that EL even exists when that happened.

It is nice to have memories of a past but some people have joined much later and their perspective is different, as well as goals, game playstyle and preferences.

What else can we do with the tokens?

When we learn the above, then we should define one constructive idea and try to gather enough tokens to accomplish it nicely. It could be Korrode's chim stat change idea

Since i'm moving my computer to my new house in like an hour from now, and potentially wont be back online again for a couple of weeks, i'll give a quick refresher course now, in case someone does wanna try and get it done:

Korrode's ultra sensical chim changes recommendations:

1. reduce m.chim and f.chim armor and toughness to be the same as d.chims.

2. reduce d.chim re-spawn to be the same as fluffy.

3. reduce f.chim and m.chim respawn to be the same as feros.

The outcome of these changes would be:

1. Bethel and Tirnym will be able to be used by more people at once, the 1 spawn per person rule will apply (you cant really argue that it should/does apply now because 1 chim spawn gives less exp than 1 fluffy/feros spawn) ... (and there'll always be what i like to call "def n00bs" who keep low p/c and try to monopolize 3+ spawns at once to make 500k+ (some people up to 700k) def exp per hour, but they shouldn't be making that much exp p/h anyways, no?)

2. Fluffy and Feros spawns will be less packed.

3. Anyone who's reluctant to PK due to the low p/c they've kept for fluff/feros training will no longer have that dilemma, they'll be able to make the same or slightly better exp per/h on chims with 48/48 p/c, and will PK more often... more active PK (PK'ers win), more rostos poofed, more armor broken (Radu wins).

4. Chims hit harder then fluff/feros, more HE/AE/SRS used (alcher's and potioners win), no doubt more armor broken too (manufacturers and crafters win).

If anyone wants to understand the how and the why they can click HERE.

I gotta go move house, cyas, hf, bb.

EDIT: changed "armor" to "armor and toughness" in line 1. of the proposed changes. (it was a mistake that i left out toughness, not an afterthought.)

Edited by Korrode

1. reduce m.chim and f.chim armor to be the same as d.chims.

2. reduce d.chim re-spawn to be the same as fluffy.

3. reduce f.chim and m.chim respawn to be the same as feros.

Two questions to Radu:

- would you agree to introduce these changes in exchange for invasion tokens ?

- if yes, how many tokens total ?

Thanks,

Cru

It is nice to have memories of a past but some people have joined much later and their perspective is different, as well as goals, game playstyle and preferences.

Nothing personal, but IMO harvesting ores AFK is not PLAYING.

It is not personal since I do not harvest ore afk :-P

However, what is for you "not playing" might just be "playing" for others, and none of your business what they decide to do in game.

If someone decides to sit at the Beam and dig in his nose and call it "playing EL" , I'm fine with that - it is everyone's personal choice and I'm sick with those who question this particular right of each individual to waste their time as they wish

Nothing personal, but IMO harvesting ores AFK is not PLAYING.

he DID state his own oppinion :D

Lesson:

IMO = In my Oppinion :medieval:

so respect it allready as u said :devlish::):lurker:

And how did we come from the trices in KJ to the chims? :) I thought everything is settled now that the Trices will go back lol ^^

Anyways things worked fine so far as they were so i dont really see the reason for changing something unless i missed something in the

past few months. oO

I have suggested Arius - Eastern Kyr Woodlands and Kyriban Marsh.

Arius would be my choice aswell, afaik and correct me if am wrong, but the commonly used harvestables on the map are gypsum and turq ? and the only trained mob is the Hobgoblins. Now all these are detached from the main map ( either in caves or going through caves), so any trices added to the map cannot wander to them.. no problems for harvers then.

Yes the map has a storage, but how often is it used for anything else apart from dumping items and then leaving it again ? the most I have ever seen at any one time is one person afk there (maybe more but time zones ftw)

IMO Arius would be perfect ... arguements against ?

note: If they are moved back to WV I hope the people who do so,know that they have wasted 4 tokens, since the trices will just be moved again

So moving them to KJ (whoever "paid" for them to be moved there) made most likely a more drastic game play change than what has been noted so far in the thread, ruining two primary iron mining spots, not just one.

Just to point out. no changes were made without Radu's consent, so while the fingers are being pointed at who paid for the tokens, you are also pointing them at teh boss

Note: Personally I hope Radu decides .." ok yes .map X is better for trices , so I will move them without tokens " (without an option to keep moving them back and forth forever and a day)

one can only hope :)

@ Scorp: If by everything was fine you mean hardly anyone ever used the trices in WV then correct :)

Edited by conavar

something like that con :) i only heard every now and then ppl hunting em, ranging em.. of course i heard of ppl training em but for me personally when i was

hunting em i didnt had probs with lags or trees anytime :S could just be me tho..

note: If they are moved back to WV I hope the people who do so,know that they have wasted 4 tokens, since the trices will just be moved again

note: If they are moved back to KJ I hope the people who do so, know that they have wasted 4 tokens, since the trices will just be moved again

stay constructive please as you were just above about move to Arius

Note: Personally I hope Radu decides .." ok yes .map X is better for trices , so I will move them without tokens " (without an option to keep moving them back and forth forever and a day)

one can only hope

that would be awesome solution but ... one can only hope :)

@Scorpius - I don't think you understand - there is substantial difference between "I do not feel I'm playing a game while afk harving" and "Those who afk harv do not play the game" :)

And how did we come from the trices in KJ to the chims?

I have asked for a constructive proposal of invasion tokens use that would be beneficial for majority of players.

If Radu says that he agrees to implement such changes and if majority of players will support such change, I'll try to gather enough tokens to accomplish it.

Edit: deleted orphaned html tag

Edited by Cruella

note: If they are moved back to KJ I hope the people who do so, know that they have wasted 4 tokens, since the trices will just be moved again[/i]

stay constructive please as you were just above about move to Arius

Yes Mum :)

I ment moved back to WV instead of to another map (and then moved again to a map we all agree on .12 tokens used ftl lol), since I think we have all agreed Kusa isnt the best place for them

Edited by conavar

Korrode, i think mc and fc toughness / armor is fine, you can damage it by boxing @ 48 p/c, just the crit hit is too much... and btw for 700+/h i spend 5k gc on supplies / hour too + i can't hold the spawn so long :) so its more gc for alchers / potioners, and i have 4x more chance to break an armor than the regular training. But yes, indeed, more spawns needed, because fc/mcw is not trainable at regular stats and here is what i wanna try to point out :

Fluffy a/d 95 - trainable from 70s a/d

Feros 105/90 a/d - trainable from 80s a/d

Now :

Dcw 100/100 a/d trainable starting 100s a/d but would get lower xp than the two previous monsters.

Fcw 115/115 a/d trainable ? if yes, you need more than 115 a/d for it, i think 120s - you would get lower xp from it than fluff feros.

Mcw 125/125 trainable ? if yes, 130+ def needed or so...

so there : you can trian the fluff when you are 20+ a/d lower than it - you can train the feros about 10-20 a/ds lower than it - You CANNOT train chims if your a/d is lower than it, you need minimum 5-10 more a/d so.. whats the point of having chims ? i don't understand much so please enlighten me :]

Does every aspect in the game need to be shaped to fit the progress of a/d? It's just one skill of many, and the attention it gets is already exaggerated. Is it possible that those who harness it just whine the loudest?

Does every aspect in the game need to be shaped to fit the progress of a/d? It's just one skill of many, and the attention it gets is already exaggerated. Is it possible that those who harness it just whine the loudest?

this topic is about people who are complaining about cockatrices because they will pwnt them, thats all, and thats how we arrived on training a/d subject. And by the way, without a/d trainers ur whole economy would be fucked up because we are the one using all your supplies. Would people buy HE/sr armor if they ad 40-100k ess in sto and 20 sets of armors ?

this topic is about people who are complaining about cockatrices because they will pwnt them, thats all, and thats how we arrived on training a/d subject. And by the way, without a/d trainers ur whole economy would be fucked up because we are the one using all your supplies. Would people buy HE/sr armor if they ad 40-100k ess in sto and 20 sets of armors ?

the problem, tk, is that majestyk is rather correct.

edit: not only do manuers, crafters, alchers, potioners etc need trainers/pkers...but just the same trainers/pkers need manuers, crafters, alchers and potioners. its an inverse relationship. so your argument doesn't change much; we all need each other.

all majestyk is saying is that it seems the trainers/pkers voices have become (or always have been) voiced more loudly than those of the mixers.

Edited by Aislar

Korrode, i think mc and fc toughness / armor is fine, you can damage it by boxing @ 48 p/c,

bs, u can only crit them at 48/48. PM me ingame and lets goto m/f.chim and u can show me that u can get in 90%+ hits on them with 48/48 p/c in the manner a person can with flufyf/feros.

Fcw 115/115 a/d

f.chim is 110/100 a/d

Mcw 125/125

m.chim is 115/115 a/d.

Mcw 125/125 trainable ? if yes, 130+ def needed or so...

m.chim's can be dodged ok at 120 def + 48/24 coord/inst

The changes i've suggested are researched and reasoned.

If u wanna try and say otherwise the least u can do is get ur info right and go do a few hours of testing... and read the essay i linked too as well. If u dont understand it, then u dont need to be commenting on the subject.

EDIT:

Even if this is correct, and more attention is given to a/d than other skills, and that a/d trainers complain more/louder, is that any reason to not try and get the problems with a/d training / combat fixed? You would have the a/d'ers silenced simply because combat in this game is of little or no concern to you?

You may also want to consider that just perhaps there's a lot more issues with the combat side of things that need addressing than their is on the mixing side... and if that's not the case, then u know where the suggestions forum is, and there's nothing stopping you from posting your non-combat related suggestion for an invasion token use on this very thread.

I'm sure mixers can complain just as loudly as a/d trainers if they put their minds to it... if they do in fact have any issues that require attention.

Edited by Korrode

this topic is about people who are complaining about cockatrices because they will pwnt them

ummm no, this post is about (in)effective use of invasion tokens :)

this topic is about people who are complaining about cockatrices because they will pwnt them

ummm no, this post is about (in)effective use of invasion tokens :)

but if people want to waste their tokens... its not your problem i think :devlish:

all majestyk is saying is that it seems the trainers/pkers voices have become (or always have been) voiced more loudly than those of the mixers.

a/d training is not comparable for now to the other skills because you don't need 10 million + xp yet to train one of your levels, we are just sking for more balanced creatures :pickaxe:

@ korrode yeah, i checked after on EL-cel the stats and was lazzy to correct, i'm having some problems with my graphic card atm need to be fixed^^

i have done on the test server some testing about the fcw : pvping with fc @ 114/121/48/48/32/16/4/32 a/d or so, hit it with an iron sword; but the xp i get out of it isn't as good as the one i get from the fluff and feros when i am tsed. As for the mcw i didn't try it because the stats were too low on a/d but you can find a weapons that would add little damage so u would hit for 3-10

my I too ow so no good blocking ^^ the problem on the chims is just the critical hit because you cannot block a critical hit...