Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ateh

invasion tokens

the way i see it this is an attempt to get more players interested in invaisions not to make the harvers uneasy i c why people would be mad about it but i dont see why its a problem truthfully i like ents decision cause it just wants me to kill more :P why complain when its a good decision :) not to make c2 less traveld or anything cause iirc most the heavy invaisions are on c2 as is so how does this change anything :D

it would be a damn shame if everytime a monster was moved , some people decided to use invasion tokens to move it elsewhere, and so on and so on until basically all that happens is the invasion tokens get used to constantly move monsters around based on a seemingly bad decision in the first place

( probably like this example, where potentially 8 tokens are going to be wasted on moving 2 cockatrice , when it could have been done with 4 if anyone would have made a poll or hell, even speak to the rest of the players ? )

also, and this isnt meant to be a ban worthy comment but is there any chance that in the future when someone decided they want to relocate / change stats / add spawns / get a special day .... is there any chance at all that a poll is made ?

this poll wouldnt be used to make the final decision, it would just be used as a means of seeing how players are going to react to a decision ? obviously they will react badly if its a shitty move , but thats another story

Personally I will defintily pitch in to help get them moved. Not back to willowvine, but somewhere new.

Acelon's suggestion of NRM is excellent. It *does* give thsoe feros trainers something else to kick every so often.

The suggestion of grubian peninsula is also valid. Or for that matter move them to sedicilious. If bthel feros trainer's find that all of the spawns are taken they can just hope over to sedicilious. Even thelinor would work. Of course that map is mostly pk. So perhaps not the best place to train a/d.

I respect that someone did move them, and they had a reason. But I know already a freind has declaired he won't be playing as much. Kusa was the best place for silver ore for him, and while he can go other places or mine other minerals or ores. Its not the same.

If we just move the cockatric back to willowvine someone will just move them back to kusa. So lets do something nice for a change instead of consatntly flaming, and do something to benifit everyone. Let's get people back into kusa, harvesting iron and silver ore and whatever else. Lets make those willowvine trainners happy and move the cockatrice to a less laggy map. (although I have to admit I lagg terribly in kusa, and not at all in willowvine) Lets put the cock somewhere that benifits everyone. Or at least benifits the cockatrice trainers (or hungry feros trainers) AND the havresters.

Because seriously, the harvesters are what makes this game go round. They get those raw materials that allow alchers to alch, which allows the manu'ers nad crafters to do there thing. Which in turn allows the a/d junkies to have what they need to train a/d. Of course the a/d people get the bones and meat and drops which everyone but the harvesters need. Harvesters, they need the pretty exc cape, the picks and the gloves. So they are kind of the bottom of the food chain. But hello, everyone else relies on them heavily.

What would happen if all of the havresters decided to up the price on silver ore and iron ore? Would we all start to havrest our own? nope! We would grumble and bitch and moan. But after a while we'd pay. So for once lets do something nice. Lets move the cockatrice and give the harevsters a break.

community of EL FTW!

First of all we should know what we can do with our tokens.

We know for sure that we can change chims stats (see Ent's post)

Now we also know that we can move creatures around but we need more details - which creatures, where, what are restrictions etc.

Can we add new spawns? What else can we do with the tokens?

When we learn the above, then we should define one constructive idea and try to gather enough tokens to accomplish it nicely. It could be Korrode's chim stat change idea, it could be something entirely different. But as long as it is not clear what we can do, it is hard to make a constructive proposal.

I'll be trying to get people together to accomplish some positive changes with a use of tokens as soon as we know more, feel free to help if you find it useful :P

quick edit : its simple, why didn't people complain about nc pk cave getting pk again... when iron was just soo close to nc sto ?

:P The only sentence with sense in this thread...

First of all we should know what we can do with our tokens.

some clarification would be nice your right

Can we add new spawns?

this already happened once IIRC, not sure exactly how long ago but it did. Plus i remember another option would have been to save the tokens for use in special days.

When we learn the above, then we should define one constructive idea and try to gather enough tokens to accomplish it nicely. It could be Korrode's chim stat change idea, it could be something entirely different.

Yeh, polls would be a good way to do this, you dont have to use the poll as the final outcome, but like I said earlier to gage the reaction of possible outcomes ....... and of course read all the posts such as '' mixing bstrds have it too eays anyway lets put the yeti in EV'' or '' this will make my life a living hell , I dont see the point in carrying on , you may contact me through the Ouija Board once im gone''

I'll be trying to get people together to accomplish some positive changes with a use of tokens as soon as we know more, feel free to help if you find it useful :P

i'd like to help do this, if not from actually finding invasion tokens myself then from donating some GC towards buying some , 10kgc towards this from me atm - its all ive got lol

Just noting: Cockatrice as supposed to be in a forest of some sort. Probably wouldn't fit well into the Grubani/Sedicolis/Thelinor atmosphere.

But on the topic of Invasion tokens being used to change monster locations and stats, as myself and some other quite experienced and prominent players pointed out when it was first implemented; letting whatever people happen to end up with invasion tokens decide such important stuff about monsters is a massively bad idea... do u let a 10 year old make important business decisions for you??? of course not... you decide yourself or take the advice of experienced people who know what they're talking about... not any ol' nub who happens to end up with a token or two.

That's one of the most ignorant thigns I've read on the forums this month.

also, and this isnt meant to be a ban worthy comment but is there any chance that in the future when someone decided they want to relocate / change stats / add spawns / get a special day .... is there any chance at all that a poll is made ?

It is up to the person with the tokens to make such a poll, not me.

I just make sure the request is reasonable, and in this case it is very reasonable. There is a reason for the MM perk/cape, this game is not meant to make everything easy for everyone. In fact, quite the opposite is true, EL is designed to be a challenging game. So if the silver/iron ore in KJ is so convenient, you either use the MM perk, MM cape, or train to be ignored by the cocks. If those things are too hard for you, then just go to the crystal cavern and harvest there.

Oh, and one more thing: I got 4 tokens, so they will be moved back to WV at the next update.

Now we also know that we can move creatures around but we need more details - which creatures, where, what are restrictions etc.

Common sense restrictions. Ultimately I decide if I accept it or not.

Can we add new spawns? What else can we do with the tokens?
No new spawns for the time being, for other uses I am willing to negociate.

Oh, and one more thing: I got 4 tokens, so they will be moved back to WV at the next update.

:D

hope the 2-3 ppl have fun :P, so now cost more tokens to move them to a good map everyone agree's on...

In fact, quite the opposite is true, EL is designed to be a challenging game. So if the silver/iron ore in KJ is so convenient, you either use the MM perk, MM cape, or train to be ignored by the cocks. If those things are too hard for you, then just go to the crystal cavern and harvest there.

:) true, but people would rather bitch and moan

Edited by conavar

im not sure this thread turned into a complete bitch and moan con , I mean everyone agreed in the end that yeh for the benefit of those wanting to train on the cockatrice it would be good to move them somewhere else. We did get that far somehow lol

But perhaps this is asking too much now to see if its possible to hold off the cocks going back into willowvine until a better location has been agreed upon ?

As far as I can tell Acelons suggestion of North Redmoon seems best atm

This is alot of messing around but if the cockatrice are allowed to move somewhere other than back to willowvine this time, it will be far less annoying when someone comes with 4 invasion tokens after the update and asks to move them again.

im not sure this thread turned into a complete bitch and moan con , I mean everyone agreed in the end that yeh for the benefit of those wanting to train on the cockatrice it would be good to move them somewhere else. We did get that far somehow lol

But perhaps this is asking too much now to see if its possible to hold off the cocks going back into willowvine until a better location has been agreed upon ?

As far as I can tell Acelons suggestion of North Redmoon seems best atm

This is alot of messing around but if the cockatrice are allowed to move somewhere other than back to willowvine this time, it will be far less annoying when someone comes with 4 invasion tokens after the update and asks to move them again.

True, just dissapointing when it seemed people finally having a sensible debate about it, that they just get moved back to the start lol

Personally I wouldn't want them in NRM because it's one of only 2 spots to train feros. The people who said earlier "and it's just another thing for feros trainers to bash" obviously don't train feros. NRM is multi and when you train feros you'll normally TS which isn't the best state to be in while fighting trice. Personally I'm not sure if trice ignore me when I'm TS'd for feros but I don't think they do. Anyway, if they were moved to NRM I'd just move em somewhere else with this system, so move em to NRM if you like. :P

I think hurquin would be a good spot. Small map, used a little but not a lot, generally by feran trainers. IIRC hurquin is also single combat so as long as you're fighting a feran then the trice aren't a problem, not to mention there are ferans on loads of maps.

I guess what I'm saying is I'm all up for moving them from KJ but I'd rather they stay there than go to NRM, and if they were moved to NRM I can assure you with this system in place I'd just move em again so we may as well find somewhere better. ;)

EDIT I guess it's not clear in my post but then someone will move back or somewhere else, then someone else will be pissed and move them again and we end up with all the invasion tokens disappearing on this pointless endeavour of moving 2 bloody trice spawns about.... lol...

Edited by FatboyJaxx

Hurquin , Zirakinbar ?

*edit* thats why it would be good to settle on something sooner rather than later about the cockatrice Jaxx, so like you said , invasion tokens dont end up getting wasted when they could be used for something alot better

Edited by Ateh

I guess my point is that you're never going to please everyone and it only takes one person to come along with a few invasion tokens to go against the communities' decision. Which is a bit silly really.

The other spawns on Hurquin would be put to waste with the cockatrice. Right now it's a map for the mid level fighter, the cockatrice would limit that.

I guess my point is that you're never going to please everyone and it only takes one person to come along with a few invasion tokens to go against the communities' decision. Which is a bit silly really.

What is silly is people bitching about any change. When I moved the cocks to WV a year or two ago, many people complained. Wherever I move them (except for some cave no one goes to) people will complain. So I don't really care about complaints on this theme, or else this game would get nowhere.

All it seems to me is people crying that they might need to wear MM cape while harvesting their iron

There's Iron in WV cave. The distance is almost the same from Kjungle to PV and WV to PV. (You all know the shortcut.)

Nope, I happily don't know anything about feros training fatboyjaxx. But (yes, I am not an a/d addict so please expect my ignorance to show) I would assume you could take a cockatric if you had to. And that you do carry a dis ring for emergencies, and that you do carry srs's and he for training purposes. And what is there in SRM, feros, white tigers and leopards. Seems like a place for high a/d trainers and white tiger collectors.

Okay, hurquin as people seem adnament to point out. A small map which is rarely use. But what about that pesky bot there? Would someone really put a bot in a place that rarely see's people? And, as Acelon pointed out. Its great for mid level trainers. Personally I love the map, and if it had a storage I probubly wouldn't leave it often. Its got loads of flowers, it has quartz and it has creatures to train on and eat. If there were cockatrice there the map would probubly see a sharp decrease in population. And really, there are places that are low level freindly, and most places are high level freindly. But few places that are truely meant for mid level people. Give use a break and try somewhere else please!

Zira.... its a jungleish enviroment. And it does have some trees. It has hobgoblins which one really needs a/d or mm for already. As for uses, I've only really been for the gargs. So I'm not really sure what people do there. And the times I have gone I have never seen anyone outside.

AA has trees and a forset enviroment. Piss off the people who want to train on them and move the cockatrice up into the pk area with the giants. Otherwise the regular part of the map already has hobgoblins. So you need level's or mm perk to go there. And its a great map, but I rarely see people harvesting very far from storage. And the invasion I logged into had cockatrice there. They defintily fit into the area! (I didn't realize they were invasion creatures until they decided to kill me)

Move them to NRM, the iron havresters do so in a cave, so they don't loose their time through the mm cape. But what about all of those lovely high level harvestables? Yup, you loose time if you were to harest those. And yah, there are feros just a map change away. Sure, there are currently no creatures that attack people there (other then leo_alpha), but lets add yet another map on c2 where you need to train up to be there in safety.

As for the enviroment in which cockatrice were meant to be. I honestly thought it was jungle. Willowvine has a lot of trees, but its also kind of jungly. Then they were moved to Kusamura which has much fewer trees. I suggested thelinor and sedicilious because I know they have green jungly spots. And NRM does lack trees, although not lumber.

So basically I vollunteer to help buy the next 4 invasion tokens needed to move the cockatrice somewhere else, after someone have moved them back to kusamura, or somewhere else.

What is silly is people bitching about any change. When I moved the cocks to WV a year or two ago, many people complained. Wherever I move them (except for some cave no one goes to) people will complain. So I don't really care about complaints on this theme, or else this game would get nowhere

If you made $5.00 everytime someone complained, you'd have that castle finished. :)