Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Polymorph ideas

Maybe as a Phantom warrior... Stealthy,much armor,highly resistant to physical attacks

etc.

and weak against *sword name*sword of magic,

and hits low hp?

:P

-Fry

So reading through I saw ideas about giving and MM perk or Arti perk as the polymorph levels. And Ent stated that nothing will be allowed to be worn when in the polymorphed state.

So my question is, how would this potentially affect characters who already have the perks? Or would it?

and fwiw, as someone who likes to dabble in potions I'd much rather be a leprechaun than an imp if it was going to give a bump to mixing and those were the options... :P ... or maybe a brownie?

~bug

A Hobgoblin

Perk: Double manu experience (they seem to hang around mines, so maybe they picked up some knowledge of how to work with metals)

Penalty: All fails are critical (they seem a bit clumsy with those big hands and that hammer)

As for Ace's idea about the goblins, I love it, but I would have some concerns. Can they steal from someone with a rosto? If they can, is the rosto stealable and therefore opening up the possiblility of the person losing his/her stuff? This may cause people to leave the rosto at home, wear less expensive stuff, etc...etc... and the next thing you know "OMGz0rs Ace! You killed PK!" Personally, I would be thrilled if more people left the rostos at home. :)

Unicorn:

Bonuses-

+50% Def (i.e Def of 50+25= 75 def)

MM perk -Creatures are scared

I Glow in the dark Perk -Magic energy shield which hurts people when they hit it

+Magic Damage -Magical

+Magic resistance -Its Magical

+200 HP -Its tough

+(?) EMU -Its a Horse

Negatives-

-60% Att (i.e att of 50-30= 20 att) -Because its a pacifist

Can Not Attack Players/Creatures -Because its a pacifist

-Fire Protection -Lots of flame-able Hair

-Cold Protection -Not much fur

Easy to see -Its white

-20 Coord -It doesnt attack much therefore doesnt add coord

:) Unicorn FTW- Just my Idea.

An idea for imp - increased ethereal points, fast mana regeneration, and increased spell power at the cost of substantially decreased a/d , hp and emu

Warewolf - a good amount of reaction and dexterity and at night it has increased sight and is hard to see.

i like this werewolf idea :) but instead i would change the reaction and dexterity bit to MM perk + increased night vision at night - would b pretty useful

gj :>

@ Werewolf - Aside from the fact the werewolves would look frickin' sweet, why would people use this when the wood sprite already is planned to do some of that stuff?

@ Unicorn - Ya.. I definitely wouldn't polymorph into that.. too many cons when the pros aren't good enough.

@ Sygon about meh goblin idea - Sure, there could be a chance to steal a rostogol, but really, the more items you have in inventory, the less chance that could happen. Heck, a goblin could chill by votd sto all day, and just keep getting 1 gold coin for each steal. Besides, I'm sure someone would just kill the goblin after a while :whistle:

@ Werewolf - Aside from the fact the werewolves would look frickin' sweet, why would people use this when the wood sprite already is planned to do some of that stuff?

Even if polymorphing into a werewolf gave me -50 a/d, and every negative perk, I'd take it for its coolness:p. IMO I just think it would look great, and maybe it could have totally different effects to the woodsprites? Maybe increased camouflage/instinct/attack, but as negative hellspawn and -x% mana or something if its possible?

Just my 2 cents

Lang :whistle:

How about a werewolf has ICD power hungry and anti, 0 mana increase instinct and coord. -5% def +20% atk and -5% emu. +3 accuracy +10 to critical hit +5 to critical damage.

Hawk (or Falcon)

Bonus

Ability to see great distances (sees better at night, perhaps also having true-sight). Would make a good scout for a PK party.

Very hard to engage (if possible, otherwise just hard to hit) since you can't reach it. Normal vulnerability to to magic and ranging.

Penalty

Uses food at a "power hungry" rate (takes a lot of energy to fly around).

Possible decreased EMU (due to small size).

This is a fantastic idea. Would be useful for group pk.

Edited by Ozmondius

I tried to log onto the test server to test the mule, but I couldn't run EL on test server, so I have a few questions, and my comments to why I might/might not use the polymorphs.

Mule: How high is the EMU increase? If it is to low the loss of EMU to food and token will negate the value of using it over any greater distance.

Phoenix: Might be a nice way of combating poison while mixing on Red Toadstools. As I'd not get any combat xp I'd not use it for combat expect for maybe healing, but not very likely.

Wood Spirit: Might use it for sneaking into KF for some mercury, but only might. If it has some harvest benefit I might use it for harvesting and then switch to a mule for hauling my stuff back to storage.

On a general note, some have suggested harvest bonuses for certain polymorphs, this however won't be much use if the polymorphs can't "wear" tools.

Furthermore they need to have some special ability that makes them worth using, IE the increased EMU for mules, and various perks or perk-like abilities for the higher level versions, as have been suggested in this thread.

For instance I would definitely use a polymorph for mixing if it gave me a greater chance of making a rare, saved me some food, or gave me the ability to make items I could not otherwise make. Of cause this depends on the negative side effects, there should be some, but not to much and the bonus should increase while penalties decreased for each level.

Just my 10 cents

Dunno about others but I would love to turn into a giant :evilgrin:

Bonus:

Double your current att level

Double your current health

Penalty:

I Can't dance perk

Half your current def level

you can see the giant from a mile distance

and if possible the giant should only be able to cast one spell: restoration

(it will be prolly harder to move since it's big and covers a big part of the ground on your screen so you'll have to turn the camera a bit to drive it ;))

Example: PlayerxYz has a/d 100/100 and health 100while being a giant he will have a/d 200/50 and health 200

Someone mentioned this earlier but there was no response to it....

What if the polymorph has increased abilities that coincide with a perk?? Will the effect be cumulative???

One other thing... how about something that reduces toad poisoning?? I would definitely be into that.

Edited by dawench

I'd like to morph into RADU - would be very useful in kf when ebul peeps like asgnny or smurf are around!

rofl about that one

I would like to morph into a fat person, or, if that's not possible, maybe a little bear :P

Either way, this morphing sounds like a really interesting idea and should definitely add a new layer of complexity to the game. I'm looking forward to its implementation.

lilcnoot

I'd like to morph into RADU - would be very useful in kf when ebul peeps like asgnny or smurf are around!

rofl about that one

I would like to morph into a fat person, or, if that's not possible, maybe a little bear :P

Either way, this morphing sounds like a really interesting idea and should definitely add a new layer of complexity to the game. I'm looking forward to its implementation.

lilcnoot

Its allready ingame :)

hmmm,nice idea;

maybe there could be any monster/animal,that will be higher chance,to flee from combat (also maybe lower hp) <snake,sslessar...dunno> don't kill me for that,that's just idea :P