Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ProHibited

Outlaws

Hi there,

On the PK-server we have a few issues that need to be resolved.

Why is this important? Well at this time we keep getting the same conversations about a certain topic.

Is it or is it NOT allowed to kill other players that are much weaker then you?

In my opinion pking is allowed anywhere, everwhere, at every time.

Just for the record, I kill players that are in enemie guilds, guildless players, and anyone that attacks me first. In the case that there is a mature response to me killing them, I might let that person live another time. Or not.

I think that in some players' opinion it is outlawed to PK during MrHide invasions. Now here is an example:

Player P gets attacked by player G during an invasoin,

Player P attacks another player that was allied to player G to respond.

Which player is now an outlaw? I guess both.

On the PK-server there have been some community rules, broken by those who did not agree to them, but also broken by those who helped setting them up.

What I think that makes a person an outlaw is lying, to make themselfes look good. *(Calling an entire guild cheaters/scammers/liers)

If everyone would be so nice to state what they think, and NOT edit posts where possible.

If you consider someone an outlaw you can post here, try to be brief. I wont bother posting who I consider outlaw, I dont need everyone to read who I like/dislike.

ProHibited :)

first impression about this post: stupid post

personal opinion, each case is a case, and only knowing the context its possible to make an opinion about the situation.

there have been people that attacked several players during MrHide invasions and some players from other guilds declared them fair game during invasions.

Guild A publicly announcing that is at war with guild B and will attack in every case scenario possible is fair game for me. They warned everyone about their decision.

I only PK 2 people on the server, and they are high levels, but that's the way I am as I prefer to know a bit of the players actions before I pk them. Nevertheless, I believe the name is PK Server, and you are warned that if you enter a PKing area you can be killed and lose items, this is all part of the game.

PS: hope to be back to know what's going on asap.

I looked at this on the main page thinking someone was making a topic about Woodeh (Bugspray) and Prohibited killing more goblin trainers and then running, and i found something as dumb as this. Kinda glad i left because Prohibited just keeps getting sadder and sadder each day. Respect for Woodeh of course because he at least has enough guts to attack mains and not just chase down and kill alts. Waste of a topic imo.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by bigshock28

Great way to demolish our advertising for the pk server. Thanks prohibited ;):(

Well, I don't know. I think it's a well-written post and brings up some valid points.

We did say that PKing during an invasion is outlaw, and we've certainly had some issues with retaliation being brought on an entire guild when actually it probably should have been handled by just a few stronger players AFTER the invasion in order to avoid the ugliness we had a week ago or so. I think it's worth mature discussion. It is outlaw and should be treated as such. Period.

As for flaming a guild, that seems to me more like trash talk, which is perfectly acceptable by PK server rules. Proh's right in that malicious lies are taking it too far, but there is apparently a situation there I'm not aware of.

As far as newbie-killing, yes, this is also outlaw in my opinion. I believe everyone should have a week or so when they aren't being attacked by players 30-60 levels higher than they are. After about a week, they should have some sort of defense and are then fair game. Killing boy or SyWren, despite the fact that they are weak, is NOT outlaw because I've been here long enough. There is a very large difference.

I know this is a long post, but I want to add this about outlaws: Just because I don't like the behavior of a small fraction of players on this server doesn't mean that I would wish they would leave. I believe there is far enough action on this server without newbie-killing and invasion attacks. I do think it would be better if they would stop THESE actions, and until they do, I won't trade with them. The truth is that these players do keep the PK action alive. I would prefer if they would just do so honorably.

Added note: Pro started a mature thread. Let's try to keep it in the same voice. Thank you!

This is the hostility in conversations, which bothers me. I thought that people would be less aggressive if we talked about stuff on the forums.

I do not think that it is necessary to bring up THIS topic on #channel 1 ingame when I pk a few players.

If I dont respond to what is said on #channel 1 for a while, the conversation dies out. But when I do respond, we will most likely start flaming etc. Its simply not needed every time.

Logged on a few minutes ago, even be4 I say 'Hi everyone' some person starts yelling at me ;)

I think PK-ing everyone on this server makes a big (negative) impact on 'the community', while I think its part of the game.

ProHibited

Just because I don't like the behavior of a small fraction of players on this server doesn't mean that I would wish they would leave. I believe there is far enough action on this server without newbie-killing and invasion attacks. I do think it would be better if they would stop THESE actions, and until they do, I won't trade with them. The truth is that these players do keep the PK action alive. I would prefer if they would just do so honorably.

good post Sy

PKing can only be alive if we have a couple people that most dislike, that take poor actions and force those who don't usually pk to come out and do it.

I believe I am a good example of this, I prefer training because I can enjoy myself doing so but I do come out and PK those whose actions I tend to dislike.

WHY DO WE NEED AN OUTLAW SECTION ? ( Players can make up their own mind )

Ok guys it's a PK server so PK is the game

And Outlaws just make for more fun

There were two instances when as a community we decided not to attack each other

Mr Hide invasions and GAIWS(when we work together gathering sulfur for gaiws)

MrHide gave all players a chance to have some fun without worrying about being pked

And I think everyone really enjoys the invasions

Because some players have decided to go against this attacking weaker players during the invasions or at sulphur mines. Most of the other players class this as OUTLAW acts.

Now some players have taken it on themselves to attack the so called Outlaws during invasions but leave this rest alone.

In my opinion this just makes for more fun on the pk server (PK is the name and PK is the game)

The flame on channel comes more from the excuses players give for their actions

I say if you want to act like an OUTLAW then do, but please don't blame it on another play (I was attacked so now I will attack a noobs)

Outlaws make their own decisions and can't blame it on things that have happened to them in game.

As for attacking new players they will have to learn it's a Pk server sometime so it ok with me.

Even though I choose to give them time to settle in and also offer them armour to start their training

What I would suggest is a good idea and that's to leave their bag behind if you don't need the drop

Handyman Thor