Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
handyman

What will we do when we reach O/A cap

Here is another topic of decision (also welcome main server views and ideas to but please no flame)

When you reach 100 A/D you will no longer get any exp points for attack and defense also this means if your fighting a monster/creature you will not get any O/A exp either

I did think sooner or later i might get a nmt cloak but i am not willing to kill another 10000 feros or fluffys hoping for adrop with out any reward not even o/a exp

I know some will say its the PK server go and pk someone

But just think for a minute

What would be the point of killing a monster with no exp to looses ess and pots for what 20gc or kill a few Hundred or thousand in the hope you might get a decent drop.

I guess if we still got O/A exp then this would be a reason or incentive to fight monsters /creatures

The other way is to raise the chance of drops on things like chims and above If i new i would get a better chance of a good drop i would go kill some chims or yetis

we are still looking for the high end potion books

With out a good reason to carry one killing mobs i guess it will be Alcing and go on a pk hunt now and then

At least 5 players are nearing the a/d cap

So What do you think ?????

Any idea's or sugestion ?????

Handy Thor

Edited by handyman

In my opinion monster drops should be more frequent after 100 a/d. Maybe any special drops.

Imo on pay to play server drops and special days should be more frequent than main serv.

So we have the problem with changes on this server, as they can pass on to the main server... but on the other hand this is a P2P Server and differences are here since the moment the server was created.

Raising a/d cap is something that I wouldn't support, just because I can get my bottom whooped faster this way :icon13:

I stated on another post I wouldn't mind training Yeti, but I like to team up to take them down and other creatures as well. It's a lot more fun to go on a hunting session with other people.

If the drop rate of creatures above chimms can't be changed it would be nice at least to be able to buy all potion books, including the ones that are drop only on main server.

I don't see the point in getting more exp after the 100 a/d cap, but it would be nice if the High Monsters (Yeti, Chimss, Giant, Dragons) were in some way made less strong, either a/d reduced, or something like it. Ofcouse I don't know how easy this would be to do. But it would be nice, that once we reach the cap, we have something to do. Because as it is now, It looks like ~116 is the level you'll get with 100 a/d, which makes it close to impossible to be able to kill the Good stuff.

Thats my idea anyways, or increase the chance of NMTs, so that people can use there good Stuff to kill them. (With Steel Plates being made, Titanium aint too far.)

Dont have a problem with them being hard to kill with no restore on srs it makes it possible but expensive and with a mage helping you even easyer as long as you can restore faster then the monster takes your hp you can kill it

But again expensive and high brake rate with armour :icon13:

Handyman

The way I see it, Radu has been fixing this problem for years. Once I hit cap (and I realize that is a long way away), I see it as a great time and opportunity to work on ranging, summoning, and perhaps by then we'll have this shapeshifting skill.

I love the cap. I think it was a great idea, and I see no reason to lower the a/d on any mobs. I think it's great that there are mobs that are too hard for one person to kill.

If there were to be any changes, I think it would be easier if dragons and giants perhaps dropped two or three bags.

How is a/d cap affected by TS pots?

If you TS down when you reach 100/100 do you still receive a/d exp?

Also...

Why not suggest (if it hasn't already) that the cap from OA be removed which imo would make PK with 100/100 characters a little more strategic considering they can add more PP to different attribute builds.

Edited by Paul Brown

I love the cap. I think it was a great idea, and I see no reason to lower the a/d on any mobs. I think it's great that there are mobs that are too hard for one person to kill.

Couldn't agree more with SyGon on this point.

Paul Brown good feed back

Now this will be something worth trying when you ts it increases the amout of a/d and o/a exp so you might have something there

Will try it when i reach the cap great idea thank you

Thank you

Handy Thor

Please let me know what you find out cause it does seem interesting.

PaulB

Sorry to say but it won't work. Because even if you TS or use pots, the right of your level will be the same i.e 85/100 (<exp>), so when you reach at 100 level, you can still use attack pots to make your attack 105 in example.

-Kaddy

K well the idea was cool anyway Thanks for the imput

So i guess the chance of getting high end pot books in game will be nearly impossible also anything that Chims drop and above

So far 1 nmt cloak is in the game but i recon 1 in 10 players reaching the a/d cap will get 1 we will have to wait and see.

With no o/a exp to gain from fighting mobs after cap means know one will be killing them.

Would you train for another 3 months on fluffies gaining just the gc they drop on the off chance you might get a nmt cloak? I would'nt

I have killed Dragons in this game but my goal was to get them on my counter (how many would need be killed for a decent drop?) but I would not risk breaking my cutlas killing high end mobs with no goal just trying for a rare drop.

Apart from going on a PK rampage now and then It will be getting my Hydro nexus up and then train my char in other area's

Just like to say i still like the idea of the A/D cap

It just a better drop rate from high end mobs Desert chims and above or still getting O/A exp when fighting them would be some insentive to killing them

Handyman Thor

The one prob i have is when you reach cap and get tired of fighting mobs for no xp really what you going to do, go fight endlessly with other who is capped again for nothing nethier can kill each other.

So you supposed to be nothing but mixer fromthat point on?

and do what with stuff you make, there will be little audience to sell to, as they all approach the cap themselves.

maybe should have little mesage pop up "end of game ty for playing"

I was TSed when I reached the cap for defense skill and xp stop.

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...st&p=462391

Why not suggest (if it hasn't already) that the cap from OA be removed which imo would make PK with 100/100 characters a little more strategic considering they can add more PP to different attribute builds.

OA has no cap afaik, i'm 115 atm and as long as I keep getting xp it will probably keep going just like on the main server.

What will happen to us all once we get a/d cap is choice, between PKing all the time or getting all skills up.

Then we can really change the name from PK to Mixing server. The good thing is that we can get some nexus from Hidro faster than we can get OA's to level other skills.

Segor, for example, has spent more time alching than training/pking since he got defense 100 :omg:

I was TSed when I reached the cap for defense skill and xp stop.

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...st&p=462391

OA has no cap afaik, i'm 115 atm and as long as I keep getting xp it will probably keep going just like on the main server.

What will happen to us all once we get a/d cap is choice, between PKing all the time or getting all skills up.

Then we can really change the name from PK to Mixing server. The good thing is that we can get some nexus from Hidro faster than we can get OA's to level other skills.

Segor, for example, has spent more time alching than training/pking since he got defense 100 :)

Thanks for clearing this up. I was under the impression that OA was capped too lol.

Maybe sometime down the road the skill caps will be removed so you can actually lvl even more considering you paid to play on that server.

Kinda sucks if you get stuck being a peaceful mixer on a PK server because of skill caps :(

I posted this over in "PK Server Strategy", but all this talk of PKers who have no vision, it might be more appropriate here:

It would seem to me that once a/d is capped out, the next logical skill to work on is magic. Given similar a/d (100/100) and similar armor/weapons, PK winners will be based on skill, and magic seems to be a huge part of that. And given how hard it would be to get enough PPs to max magic attributes, there'll always be room for work there.

Ranging is a secondary skill that doesn't use any nexus. Not great as a one-on-one skill, but someone fast with a mouse, he could get a couple arrows fired before engaging which would be like two free hits.

Summoning could also be very useful before engaging in combat, but it requires nexus points which might make it harder.

There's plenty to work on once the a/d cap is reached that would give you an advantage in a fight with another capped character, for those who desire to work for such an edge.

And I'll add:

The risk with two evenly matched opponents is that a fight boils down to who runs out of SRs (or HEs, or whatever) first and has to diss-and-run. It's therefore going to be the supportive skills, or the strategy used that will make the difference.

If people can't find anything to do after reaching the a/d cap but mix, they just aren't trying very hard. They'll also find themselves getting whipped by people who do expand their skills.

Kinda sucks if you get stuck being a peaceful mixer on a PK server because of skill caps :(

right now I don't have as much time to play as 2 or 3 months ago but I still like to get together with someone and get some team work done.

Here that has happened for Dragon hunting, yeti, giant, Chimeran wolf killing and even some harvesting. And it's the way to go, specially after the cap, as one can stop a/d training, mix a lot more and get those items used up in big hunting sessions with mobs and players.

Lets just hope more ppl enjoy the server over time and more guilds form, even if with only 3 or 4 active players, creating more targets.

Even with only 2 guilds with fighters, and 2 or 3 more mixers with high a/d, there can be some team fun from time to time :)

It would seem to me that once a/d is capped out, the next logical skill to work on is magic

How does raising magic effect things once you are 50 magic (im 55) you can cast all the spells

I dont believe Magic lvl effects things like Harm or the amount you restore

Handy

It does effect restore. I'm not sure about harm and other spells. But the higher your magic the less you fail casting spells. A delay in casting magic-immunity could cost you a hit or two from another mage.

Perhaps there's little reason to run magic up to 100 (like you would a/d), but if your a/d is capped, there's not a lot that generates OA exp as fast as pvp mana drain. Especially if you have a small army of alts working on the AEs full time.

quote from paul "Maybe sometime down the road the skill caps will be removed so you can actually lvl even more considering you paid to play on that server.

Kinda sucks if you get stuck being a peaceful mixer on a PK server because of skill caps "

Amen

It would seem to me that once a/d is capped out, the next logical skill to work on is magic

How does raising magic effect things once you are 50 magic (im 55) you can cast all the spells

Handy

I was interested in this same question last week and posted this...

About magic training

I got some good feedback so give it a read.

PaulB