Eternal Lands Official Forums
Torg

Emotions

As requested by Roja here is a patch for a smaller emote window.

*removed the Do button, use double click to launch an emote

*emote win icon moved

OK, committed to CVS.

Ent is working on the server support for emotes (\o/) so I'm committing some changes (all #ifdef'd...I hope) to the emotes code. Basically the protocol defined before is going to change a bit. When we will have the final version I'll post the details for future reference.

Now the client supports a limited number of actions and poses (155 in total, 40 poses and the rest actions). Poses are now sent in the "frame" field of the ADD_ACTOR server message. Also poses are sent as actor commands, in which case they are saved in the actor struct and the next command is processed without delay.

ADD_ACTOR_ANIMATION is not used at the moment.

I also commited some changes to the turn_left / turn_right commands. With EMOTES on, new turning animations are played. Animation file are somewhere in the cvs tree while player_frames.xml needs two new lines:

<CAL_turn_left>./animations/player_turnleft.caf 1</CAL_turn_left>
	<CAL_turn_right>./animations/player_turnright.caf 1</CAL_turn_right>

I saw that emotions work now. At least the action emotions.

I wanted to say good work to you and to radu I love it.

One thing, I do not see any result in the sit walk stand and run poses,

I guess they are not implemented yet, but wanted to let you know in case there is something wrong with either my settings, or with the implemation either client or server side

Can the text color in the Emotes window be changed a bit? I just would like the default text color to be white, and highlighted text to be blue, the kind of blue that's on the History/Channels tabs.

The arm position for waving your hands is not as high while sitting as it is while standing.

Your arm ends up pretty much pointing straight ahead.

I only tried it with both hands full. I don't know if it is any different with your hands empty.

This was as of last night. I downloaded the previous data set (the one that was to be used for testing prior to today) and I was using the cvs version of EL which I compiled on my laptop on Linux last night.

Well as long as you downloaded the latest testing data that shouldnt' happen. It looks correct for me anyway.

Fedora, looks like the bug is still there with the newest cvs client. I removed the running tags from all of them, so no emotes should play while running, but they still do.

Also I added

<standing held="false">

</standing>

To the jump emotes and it still jumps while on the horse.