Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TigerClaw

EL and WIndows Vista?

i recently got a new computer and i try'd to download EL and everthing but i can't seem to log onto EL.

it always load, i enter in username and pass, and then it loads, screen turns white, 'the EL-client has encounter a problem"

and boom, EL closes.

my new computer runs on windows vista and i had try'd to update it's video card and everything,

it's an HP Pavilion a6542p

and it's video card thingy's Intel® G33/G31 Express Chipset Family

i went to HP website and try'd to update my graphic video card. didn't work

i also look up window vista and got some advices from it. try'd it. didn't work.

i went to Intel website, try'd to download graphic video card driver, didn't work.

i also uninstall, and install EL like 5 times. i also try'd both mirrors there are.

i also try'd to download EL then do the update thingy.

spent 5 hours, and now my 14 year old brain's tired.

so if anybody has some advise or can help me.

pls tell me :closedeyes:

PS> i also would like to know if anybody else with windows vista or Intel has problems loging into EL?

Try right clicking on your desktop icon and if you can "Run as administrator". That used to work when the client was 1.6 and it wouldn't start normal. I also have the same video card or damn close and i have to say it's not that great, so set everything off in effects and sky client off and also set it to ppor man. That's helped me a few times. I also have vista (go figure) and it periodically gets problems which are fixed in the next update, so make sure you run windows update. Also if you want to try to update/rollback your driver just go into the search your own computer bar, type in "device manager", bring it up, click display adapters, then your graphic card and click. This will bring up a window with a few tabs, click the driver tab and update, or if you have to rollback your drivers. Try all that and if it doesn't work contact a professional or seek more advice. Hope that helps you.

Try right clicking on your desktop icon and if you can "Run as administrator". That used to work when the client was 1.6 and it wouldn't start normal. I also have the same video card or damn close and i have to say it's not that great, so set everything off in effects and sky client off and also set it to ppor man. That's helped me a few times. I also have vista (go figure) and it periodically gets problems which are fixed in the next update, so make sure you run windows update. Also if you want to try to update/rollback your driver just go into the search your own computer bar, type in "device manager", bring it up, click display adapters, then your graphic card and click. This will bring up a window with a few tabs, click the driver tab and update, or if you have to rollback your drivers. Try all that and if it doesn't work contact a professional or seek more advice. Hope that helps you.

umm can u clarify on wat u mean??

lol. sorry but i didn't get most of wat u told me, and it sounds like it might work,

but can u go over wat to do again?? more 14-year-old understandable??

thanks

Find your EL icon on the desktop, right click on it and select 'Run as administrator'

help_rmb.jpg

You can do the same with EL icon in vista start menu.

Edited by BloodSucker

hmmm...i try'd that but it doesn't seem to work.

always shows 'EL has stop working" or something...anybody else has some thought on this subject??

i could really use the help...

What about your graphic driver?

Have you tried to download and install the latest one?

Check the intel page, or the motherboard manufacturer page and look for it.

i've try'd to update my graphic driver, but it seems that the one i got currently is the latest....

Guest Opeious
What about your graphic driver?

Have you tried to download and install the latest one?

Check the intel page, or the motherboard manufacturer page and look for it.

i've try'd to update my graphic driver, but it seems that the one i got currently is the latest....

Try downloading the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Drivers that made many games with 3D graphics run for me.... best of luck...I m downloading the game now hope to see you in game =]

Guest Kit

Same with me... tried everything on vista, but the screen turns white after starting and I have to close the client. Also have the latest drivers and I can play on my old PC with XP with the same internet connection... yet, it buggs me that I can not make it run on my new one with vista :pickaxe:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this