Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PaulB

Magic training.

So I now have a 51 magic and I was wondering if training magic is a good idea now that I can cast all the spells?

So...

1. Should I train magic more?

2. Why/how should I continue?

Please help me to figure this out cause I am stuck as to what I am going to do with magic skill now...

Thanks,

PaulB

depends on if u want to have a better chance mana draining some1 in pk or not and also how high u want your restore to be(each magic lvl your restore goes up by 2 points)

and the only real good way to train magic is mana draining either a partner or trying to get some of your gc back by mana draining white tigers/bears.

no fail magic is 78 atm :)

Ah great!

Thanks for the info but....

Didn't radu change it so there was no more 100% on magic spells?

IIRC I heard that even at 49 magic now its not no-fail resto anymore. :)

PaulB

IIRC I heard that even at 49 magic now its not no-fail resto anymore. :)

Fortunately that is not true, 49 magic guarantees successful restore currently

Unfortunately an outcome of your magic actions (spell power) relies not only on magic level but also on your rationality. So in order to have let's say powerful restore it is not enough to train magic but it is also necessary to invest some pp's into that cross-attribute (since basic power of restore = magic lvl * 2 + rationality * 5).

I have no skeptic and I have never failed on a single restore since reaching 49 magic (several thousands casts) so I do not think astro affects restoration fails, it affects spell power though.

I have no skeptic and I have never failed on a single restore since reaching 49 magic (several thousands casts) so I do not think astro affects restoration fails, it affects spell power though.
I asked this very thing 4 posts further down...

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=42738

Basically astro affects the extent of the spell but not the lvl required to cast or the chance to fail

Thank you all very much for the advise.

Seeing as my magic lvl will cause my restore to be more points I am going to continue to work this skill.

PaulB

I know this is an old thread but i would like to add my 2 cents on this

It's funny how people never talk about one of the best way to train magic: mana drain DCW, FCW and yeti. I know they are high level monster but once you can kill a dcw with a sword, you can use this option. It is possible to MD 5 to 8 times a monster with 50 mana. Actually i burn 800 air essence in 25 minutes on a single DCW spawn. It is not fast like MD with a partner but chimmies are everywhere and always there. And you also get drop and a/d xp while using this option.