Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
korrode

The Tahraji Desert NDD Clash

Halosmee, Korrode and Guild Warlords present...

- The Tahraji Desert NDD Clash -

A multi-class, equipment restricted war in Tahraji Desert on No Drop day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This NDD Clash will be a test of strategy, through each participant being a designated class of combatant.

Tahraji Desert is an "old-school" PK map, there is no cooldown and summoning stones do not work.

Rostogol stones do not work there either, but this event will be held on a No Drops day, so rostogol stones are of no concern.

The Clash will have only 2 teams, but the members of each side will be divided into 3 'classes'; Fighters, Archers and Mages.

There are significant weapon and armor restrictions, they are detailed below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When:

Day, Month NN, YEAR at xx:xx:xx UTC time <---CLICK THERE

TBA

Multi-Class Rules:

1. Certain items are NOT allowed, they are as follows:

• The rare/magical Great Swords (such as JS of cooldown, cutty of mage, rapier of death, etc.).
  • The rare/magical Armors (such as steel greaves of ubber def, Ti plate of freezing, etc.).
  • BRoD and BoD.
  • Normal Branch and Bone.
  • The Golden Star mace
  • The Bronze Sword.
  • Dragon Armors.
  • Mines/Caltrops

To ensure further clarity, these are the kind of items that ARE allowed:

• Normal Iron, Steel, Titanium and Bronze armors.
  • Any medallion.
  • Crowns of Life and Mana.
  • Any Cape.

2. Summoning is NOT allowed.

3. Laying Mines during or before the event is NOT allowed.

Applies to all kinds of Mines and Caltrops.

4. Once you leave Tahraji Desert, you cannot return and continue fighting in the event.

Once the event has begun (i.e. at that 45 min mark), if you diss-tele, die, or simply leave the map, you cannot return and continue to participate in the event.

Fighter Class Rules:

1. Fighters may NOT use staves (aka staffs).

To be specific; no wooden staff, no quarterstaff, no SoM, no SoP.

(Other 2-handed weapons, such as the Dragon blade, Halberd and Spear are NOT counted as staves, and ARE allowed to be used by fighters)

2. Fighters may use any weapons that are NOT DISALLOWED in Multi-Class rule 1.

To ensure further clarity, these are the kind of weapons that ARE allowed:

• Any normal Great Sword, with the exception of the Bronze Sword.
  • Any fire/ice/magic/thermal sword.
  • Any two-handed 'heavy' (metal containing) weapon (dblade/halberd/spear).
  • Any axe.

3. Fighters may use any normal shield up to titanium.

4. Defensive and Healing spells only.

5. Fighters must NOT equip bow/crossbow/quiver at any point.

Archer Class Rules:

1. All kinds of arrow and bolt ARE allowed.

2. Defensive and Healing spells only.

3. Archers must NOT equip a close quarters weapon (eg. a sword) or a shield at any time.

Mage Class Rules:

1. All castable magic spells ARE allowed.

2. The ONLY close quarters weapon Mages may use are staves (aka staffs), they must NOT equip any other kind of weapon (eg. a sword) or a shield at any time.

"Staves" encompasses the:

• Wooden staff
  • Quarterstaff
  • Staff of the Mage
  • Staff of Protection.

It does NOT include the other 'heavy' (metal containing) 2-handed weapons (DBlade/Halberd/Spear), they must NOT be used.

3. Mages must NOT equip bow/arrows/quiver at any point.

The Clash Layout:

The members of each team will need to join one of the two guilds we are providing for this event.

It is possible you could be fighting as opposition to your friends and guildmates. If you are not prepared to do this, do not sign up... and remember, it's meant to all be in good fun :)

45 minutes into the NDD, the clash will begin.

Within that 45 minutes both teams must get themselves into position at either end of TD (coords of where each team will start from will be given soon, and a host will meet each team at their start-point).

One team will start in the north, one in the south, and at that 45 min mark, they start heading towards each other.

It will be up to the teams themselves, once confirmed, to designate a leader (a recommendation, not a requirement) and come up with a strategy (if any).

Signing up, and conclusion:

If you would like to sign up, please post on this thread and state your in-game name, and the class you will compete as. If you cannot post on the forums, contact Halosmee or myself (Korrode) in-game.

Which team each participant is on will be decided based on their levels, combat levels, and other factors, to create 2 balanced teams, to the best of our ability.

If it is proven to my satisfaction that a person broke a rule during the event (eg. a screenie showing a designated fighter or archer casting harm, or a screenie of a designated mage with a weapon equipped, etc.) the offender will be banned from participating in any future events i run.

This is the first event of this type we've run, and i am open to suggestions and debate about the rules and layout, but please don't take offense if we don't agree with your suggestion or have a different view than yours, and remember that we, of course, will have final say.

Signed up competitors:

Archers:

Granknight

Bigshock28

Unforgivin

Guinevereanne

Cruella

Yani

Fighters:

Jammie

Conavar

Smurf

Hannibal

SenZon

DeadlyTears

Druss

McLove

Arkan

DinkyDee

Kadlub

ThunderCloud

Anima

Private

Collardhills

Hex

LaRa

ohmygod

Sirphill

Tyrannis

Xarondas

AzayaL

HaZe

Dushan

TommyKnocker

micah9

AttilaTheHun

SouLove

Ozmondius

Dilly

ADIshuzi

Stewiedds

Mages:

Zenial

Wizzy

Edited by Korrode

I'm in as long as it's not a big deal to switch back to my guild after it's done.

Everyone will be kicked from the guilds after the event, so it's np.

What class do you want to compete as?

It was pretty much decided that the new Wards would not be allowed, but i'm interested to hear opinions and thoughts on allowing wards in the event.

Although i think the new wards massively imbalance normal PK, perhaps in TD (with no cooldown) their effect will be more reasonable...

Please post any thoughts :)

Sign me up,sounds fun

Conavar : Peaceful fighter :)

Edit: If needed CL as of today using CEL calc is : 290.75 (will be updated later if needed)

Edited by conavar

What about if you need to go restock HE's/SR's/ect?

:icon13:

edit: I mean, can you go to sto and come back to TD?

Edited by Zakil

Rule re-clarified :icon13:

(im tired and got a cold atm, not quite as 'with it' as usual, i'll look over the rules for clarity and potential loopholes tomorrow)

sounds fun

fighters:

ingame names : Druss,Mclove

I hope more lions will join in

like they say lions do fight better in packs :closedeyes:

:P j/k

~SenZ

Edited by SenZon

sounds great i'd probably join in as an archer but only one problem :

if we leave the map we cant return to combat

what happens when i run out of arrows/bolts ? :closedeyes: am I done then and have to leave the map ?

also, what about magic rings ? no mention of them being allowed or not so presume theyre allowed for all classes?

*edit* just asking for some clarification , like would someone be allowed to come restock me ? if i live that long :/

love the idea of the event btw

Edited by Ateh

It was pretty much decided that the new Wards would not be allowed, but i'm interested to hear opinions and thoughts on allowing wards in the event.

Although i think the new wards massively imbalance normal PK, perhaps in TD (with no cooldown) their effect will be more reasonable...

Please post any thoughts :)

Wards seem like a good thing for rangers to hide behind or near, seeing as rangers are going to get sluaghtered if they are engaged in melee combat anyway, i think it would be fair for them to have something like the wards to stand near so as to possiblydiscourage melee fighters / mages from coming too close.

also, any wards set will have to be strategic anyway, not like you can just stride in and set 50 wards anywhere because you have to think about your own guild being hurt by them.

sorry for the double post

ingame names : Druss,Mclove
This is 2 different people signing up?

sounds great i'd probably join in as an archer but only one problem :

if we leave the map we cant return to combat

what happens when i run out of arrows/bolts ? :) am I done then and have to leave the map ?

Unless you want to fight barefist in combat, yep you're done.

But i wouldn't worry about running our of arrows, they're only like 2 emu each right?... this is TD, the fighters will shred through their HE/SR long before you run out of arrows.

I expect you'll either be victorious or have the enemy fighters coming down upon you long before you run out of arrows :)

also, what about magic rings ? no mention of them being allowed or not so presume theyre allowed for all classes?
If the rules don't say it's not allowed, then it is allowed. So your presumption is correct :P

I'm in as long as it's not a big deal to switch back to my guild after it's done.

Everyone will be kicked from the guilds after the event, so it's np.

What class do you want to compete as?

Fighter