Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ohmygod

New wards

#1 This is not a thread to be spammed with crap about people quiting because of them.

What i want to know is:

Best way to utilise them - Required eng lvls to place etc.

Best ways to defend against them - besides leaving the pk area

I only ever used 1 so far and was going to invest in more of the other types, but want to know more wthout wasting my gc testing them as I R poor a/d trainer :pirate:

Edited by ohmygod

Unless you tele port to range around them or leave the map I don't think there is much that you can do to defend against them.

I really don't, PK but what i would do is combat back with a different ward. Either mana burn or MD for MI ward, that way it makes it harder for them to cast the spells on you

Unless you tele port to range around them or leave the map I don't think there is much that you can do to defend against them.

if u have etheral points left , u would be able to tele ;p

Would be good idea if CoTU protected against the wards; or at least MI ward.

ehm.. CoTu is already over-used i think :P

Why not make Warlock's Cloak more usefull and make them protect against

MI ward or all wards

-Fry

ehm.. CoTu is already over-used i think :P

MI ward or all wards

-Fry

Would be too strong if its against all wards, everyone would get the cape, wards wouldn't have a real use left.

Maybe have anti-ward medallions that have super chance to break during fighting > 1/10, also has a chance to break every minute its worn.

ehm.. CoTu is already over-used i think :blink:

MI ward or all wards

-Fry

Would be too strong if its against all wards, everyone would get the cape, wards wouldn't have a real use left.

Maybe have anti-ward medallions that have super chance to break during fighting > 1/10, also has a chance to break every minute its worn.

Well, cape's/cloaks are there to being used right? :D

And much people doesn't use Warlock's atm,

CoTu already got a good use, against BroD/BoD/rings.

And only giants drops Warlock's? :P

-Fry

What if you were able to see a NPC that you trade invasion tokens for some kind of blessing that would protect you for maybe 1 hour or so?

And if you think that the NPC blessings would ruin what the wards are for then make the NPC blessings only give you chance (say 15-??%) to block ward attacks.

I think wards make and unfair advantage to many if you don't have an option to protect.

PaulB

Make it so wards have a chance to be destroyed by mines|rc mines.

Therefore that creates a 'sapper' type mission, for engineers.

Its much like the after effects of large summon stones (Giants etc).

Once used it requires several sorties, or a team assault to remove the defenders.

(random assertion)

There should be all types of options for various player types in combat, engineers, range,

magic, melee. If everyone could participate, with their own style, I think participation would increase.

(random suggestion)

(IMHO this game whilst waiting for the implementation of player built cities,

could really use some sort of cross guild team CTF map of some sort, invasion type

tokens as the prize, npc to redeem them. Only way into this map is by paying an npc, you

arrive at a staging area, etc)

(And\Or have rostos poof into a 50% chance of a 'reward\invasion' token.)

(random assertion)

There should be all types of options for various player types in combat, engineers, range,

magic, melee. If everyone could participate, with their own style, I think participation would increase.

that will happen soon , theres already enough good engineers to make use of the combat support that engineers could play. just need to convince them to enter the map with you :)

rangers on the other hand, when theres enough good rangers you wont have to worry about them entering PK, they will happily wander in if supported by good melee fighters. have a look at the ranging topics. its already been stated that 5- 10 rangers using magic arrows could take down a high level PKer ( if they got lucky and all hit him at the same time he wouldnt have time to restore - it would mean instant death )

but back to topic, how to defend against the wards? stand still ? ( each STEP taken removes mana, i might be wrong on that one so dont bust my balls) but that wont be a clever thing to do once the rangers are in on the game. Otherwise, GTFO of the area seems to be the wisest option :)

Are wards visible? if they aren't, implement a spell that do make em visible, also give em 10000+ hp and 150 defense, so they can be destroyed, when you can see them, you can attack them.

Are wards visible? if they aren't, implement a spell that do make em visible, also give em 10000+ hp and 150 defense, so they can be destroyed, when you can see them, you can attack them.

rofl wtf... by the time you killed that ward you coulda also killed the one who set it like 10-20 times... or it would prolly vanish because of the 5 mins anyways.. lol

nontheless i think the wards may should be attackable, stats yet to be decided..

but back to topic, how to defend against the wards? stand still ? ( each STEP taken removes mana, i might be wrong on that one so dont bust my balls) but that wont be a clever thing to do once the rangers are in on the game. Otherwise, GTFO of the area seems to be the wisest option :devlish:

I never considered that initially. A ranger(s) could drive off a ward'd group by remote fire. ;)

(off topic since its another 'wishlist')

I do think rangers need greater range, and "run_to" to be implemented eventually, but both

are questions about game mechanics. (I.e. How far can you see, server load, client load, how will

running affect everything, pk, mining, etc )

Well for that matter, magic needs a bit more range. You have to be in melee range to cast spells, it really needs to

extend beyond the 5 tiles attack range (melee)

Ok, make it level 1 defense, but with a great amount of hp.

Players would be doing great damage to it, so it would be destroyed easily in 1-2 mins depending on the amount of players attacking and their levels.

And maybe, when its destroyed, everyone within a certain perimeter of the ward gets +mana or such.

EDIT: if its destroyed only, when it normally poofs, that shouldn't happen.

Edited by Chimeran Wolf