Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aliliana

I cant log in on my main character :(

Hi,

I can't log into EL on my main character Aliliana; I keep getting "The Client has encountered a problem and has to close" message, however I can log in with my alts. Please can someone tell me what may be the problem?

Thanx

Aliliana

Hi,

I can't log into EL on my main character Aliliana; I keep getting "The Client has encountered a problem and has to close" message, however I can log in with my alts. Please can someone tell me what may be the problem?

Thanx

Aliliana

Hey, i had the same problem a whole year, i wassnt able to logg on, but after a year im able to play EL again even on the same computer.. Really weird.

Try to download EL again on another mirror and before u logg on, change the settings. Dissable alot of options. I hope this will work.

GreetZz _Hope_

Hi,

Thanx

Aliliana

If anyone can decipher my error logs and see if that will help I've copied this just after my last attempt to log in as Aliliana;

Log started at 2008-08-29 02:33:22 localtime (Eastern Daylight Time)

[02:33:22] getpath() failed. cfgdirname: "Eternal Lands" locbuffer: "" pwd: "C:\Program Files\Eternal Lands"

Last message repeated 1 time

[02:33:22] Error: Server profile not found in servers.lst for server: Lands\el.exe". Failover to server: main.

[02:33:22] Using the server profile: main

[02:33:22] Warning: Didn't find your data_dir, using the current directory instead. Please correct this in your el.ini . Given data_dir was: "d:\Eternal Lands"

[02:33:23] Error opening sound configuration file

[02:33:37] Error: Can't open file "quest.log"

[02:33:37] * server www.eternal-lands.com filename http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates170/files.lst

[02:33:37] Downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates170/files.lst from www.eternal-lands.com

[02:33:37] Error: Can't open file "alias.ini"

[02:33:38] Finished downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates170/files.lst

[02:33:39] Error: Can't open file "tmp/temp000.dat"

[02:33:46] Language changed, was [en] now [en]

[02:34:43] Error: Can't open file "spells_aliliana.dat"

also I did uninstall and re-install EL but I still have the same prob.

Thanks,

Aliliana

There doesn't seem to be anything specifically wrong with the error log (it can't find your "data dir" in your el.ini, but it is defaulting to the correct directory).

The problem, given that it works for some alts but not the main char, is probably a graphics problem with the location of that character. It does happen from time to time.

There isn't a specific solution to this problem. You can try editing the ini file (or options in-game under a different alt) to try to turn off whatever is stopping you from playing on your main char, or you could try to log in as that char on a different machine.

If neither option works, then we might have to look at trying to debug the client as that char. For now, just try those 2 options and post back here the results.

There doesn't seem to be anything specifically wrong with the error log (it can't find your "data dir" in your el.ini, but it is defaulting to the correct directory).

The problem, given that it works for some alts but not the main char, is probably a graphics problem with the location of that character. It does happen from time to time.

There isn't a specific solution to this problem. You can try editing the ini file (or options in-game under a different alt) to try to turn off whatever is stopping you from playing on your main char, or you could try to log in as that char on a different machine.

If neither option works, then we might have to look at trying to debug the client as that char. For now, just try those 2 options and post back here the results.

I'm really sorry to be such a pain, I have tried everything to get this to work; I changed the settings in el.ini, uninstalled and reinstalled, etc Now even the alts won't work; Initially the game comes on, i get a picture then in like 2 seconds I get the "Client has encountered a problem and has to close" message. I installed it in another older computer, I can log in but everything is white there are no graphics and I cant get my screen to windows mode not even by changing the settings in el.ini

I'm sad to say I'm not computer savvy, I just dont know what to do :) But any help is most appreciated, I would hate to lose My character after having played for so long.

Thanks

Aliliana

I'm really sorry to be such a pain, I have tried everything to get this to work; I changed the settings in el.ini, uninstalled and reinstalled, etc Now even the alts won't work; Initially the game comes on, i get a picture then in like 2 seconds I get the "Client has encountered a problem and has to close" message. I installed it in another older computer, I can log in but everything is white there are no graphics and I cant get my screen to windows mode not even by changing the settings in el.ini

I'm sad to say I'm not computer savvy, I just dont know what to do :( But any help is most appreciated, I would hate to lose My character after having played for so long.

Thanks

Aliliana

OK The problem seems to be solved for the time being :) I uninstalled again and reinstalled with a different browser, I have now idea if that actually did the trick, but I'm in lol

I want to thank all of my friends, and the people who showed support in this matter :)

Thanks to all :)

Aliliana