Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Learner

Perks & Pickpoints

I think that some of the Neg Perks give you too many points for the perk. One really good example is Godless giving you 8 more pickpoints. Under the new system pickpoints are like gold and I see people taking gods for a while, getting exp benefits, then going godless to suddenly gain 8 more pickpoints.

I disagree Learner, i think that there are not enough negative perks in the new system, the only neg perk (besides fighting oriented and the 2 forbidden perks X.X) is power hungary (cant spell..) there are many more postive perks than negative, and I think there should be an even amount.

As for godless, perhaps you should have to have a perk to be able to serve gods! This would prevent your scenario :P

To close, negtive should equal postive.

I agree. I think we need more neg perks and more balance among the perks.

For example, if you take godless and get 8 picks, then it should cost you 8 picks to undo godless. Have the perks balance each other so nothing's permanent, but it'll cost you to reverse it.

At least there should be someway to get rid of a perk, but I think it should cost, not refund picks.

If it should be made possible to undo perks, it should have a cost for the regular perks. For instance, 500.000 gp + 8 pp for godless (would be quite hard to get with this system, so choose your perks wisely :0)).

If perks become removeable, it needs to cost more perks to remove it. That means removing godless would need to cost you at least 9 or 10 pickpoints, not the 8 you got originally. If you just return the pickpoints and lose some money, then you can manipulate the system which isn't good.

My original point is that it is too easy to get lots of pickpoints from neg perks without the neg's being very much of a factor. That means that there will be a lot of people using lots of neg perks to crank their stats up and benefitting too much from the neg perk.

Now, if those same people could later lose some of the money they gained and get their pickpoints back without a loss of points along the way, they will have gained a major benefit because their pickpoints will have helped them greatly in gaining more pickpoints.

Well said Learner. It should cost more pick points to get rid of a perk, but I still think that it should be very expensive in terms of gold as well. But perhaps a limit of +/-Perks/(Overall/10) should be instated as well?

what about if you can undo a attribute/nexus point for lets say 30k. To get rid of a perk like godless, you will have to have 8 PP ready. This will cost 240k then, which is very much on the new server. I dont think you should 'lose' pickpoints when you undo a perk. There will be enough ppl complaining that they chose the wrong perk already. ("It wasnt me, my friend logged in on my account and screwed it up")

Or,

reverting pickpoints should be cheaper, but for every pickpoint you want back, 100k exp is subtracted from a random skill. :twisted:

if u screw up life with it.

isnt thats how life works?

Can u forget something that you learned because you want to?

remenber this is an RPG, Role Playing Game. It is a game where you manipulate a "person" in a "real" "world".

On the other hand why create a code and spend a lot of time on something that will be SO expensive that virtually noone will use?

I agree with Fred_Penner on this Topic, We should have more negative perks, except a little more severe, like geletine bones, so fighters won't pick those perks and easily get the pickpoints they want.

I didn't take gellatine bones or hellspawn and i still can fight pretty good :-) rofl actually better than i imagined :lol: levels doesn't mean shit ingame so thats the reason why neg perks mean so much...

Guest haxinstein

I think that perks and pickpoints should be removeable and get you back your points. I remember seeing this possible in another game and it worked out because you had to wait a day before removing another if you wanted to. I don't think that being able to do this would be that cheap because after all, everyone is going to be able to choose to do this. It would be alot nicer not having to spend a day deciding what points you want to pick without any regret.

#reset is the solution in EL. The penalty is it removes all usage of the pickpoints and resets your overall exp back to 0, so you have to re-earn them. This was done in order to prevent people constantly manipulating their pickpoints and spoiling the intended effect.

what about to remove the perk it cost the original pp plus 50%?

so godless gives you 8 pickpoints and you would need 12 to remove it?