Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
handyman

What do you all think about Pki and Mana cool down

My question's are

Would Pk server be better if cool down was put back on to Srs only ?

and

Would Pk server be better if Pki was removed?

My reasons for mentioning this are as follows

No cool down:

At the moment there really isnt much skill in a Pk server fight, just fight till one of you are nearly out of ings then diss and tele. and thats about it

If cool down was returned just to srs this would make the fights much more interesting you would need to use more skill in PK rather than just trade hits. emp's would also play a part

Pki:

Even though collecting Pki points is fun Do you think Pki will stop some people fighting because they are afraid of loosing points?

with out the pki players would have nothing to loose and just go for it

( also later you will have point buying Kill me for 20kgc lol)

What are all your views on this?

Handyman Thor

I don't much see the point in #PKi on PK Server, because we don't have a Ranking Page, so no-one knows who is the Top PK'er anyways, so I'd say yes, remove it.

Cooldown, it would effect training too, not that it makes alot of difference, but still. And it would add a use to EMP's too, I've got something like 20 in storage from just making Mana Pots. But as for what I feel, I don't know really. I don't train, and I don't PK. So I can't really vote.

I don't much see the point in #PKi on PK Server, because we don't have a Ranking Page, so no-one knows who is the Top PK'er anyways, so I'd say yes, remove it.

Cooldown, it would effect training too, not that it makes alot of difference, but still. And it would add a use to EMP's too, I've got something like 20 in storage from just making Mana Pots. But as for what I feel, I don't know really. I don't train, and I don't PK. So I can't really vote.

HUH? rofl!!

Kit liquids brother plays his chars most of the time or that is what we are lead to believe

Segor was not on about cool down in general just on Sr's to make fighting more interesting

Handy

Edited by handyman

cooldown on SRs might help but from what has been said from many is that you all don't PK on the "mixing" server anyway so what does it matter?

I will have to agree that cooldown on SRs does sound like a good idea only because with no cooldown it does make PKing with others way too easy. Adding cooldown times would provides more strategy than usual imo.

Although this will affect the people that don't have time to train like some others do and will more than likely turn them off from PK in that server and cause another "character leaving" party imo.

PaulB

Edited by Paul Brown

As is please!

Certainly there are times that it is simply about who runs out of stuff first, but other times, no cooldown is a leveling factor for lower level characters and sometimes helps add a couple extra seconds to diss.

As for pki, might as well leave it in since it doesn't hurt anything. One day there may be a ranking systems, so might as well leave it in until then.

I think the ideas are worth consideration, but...

I believe the nature of PK will change again as people start hitting the a/d cap. There will be a shift from a/d strength to how people have configured their attributes/nexus, and what armor/weapons they have. I'd be inclined to say we should hold off on any suggested changes until we see what effect the cap has on things (as that will be the long-term situation). At that point the suggestions might be very different from the PKI/Cooldown ones here.

I dont think anyone cares about PKI points so that should be no problem at all.. You cant do anything with it, there are no highscores for it etc..

For those who care, it may be nice to go hunt for it etc, get some reward other then have the other dude loose a rost.

As for cooldown on SRS, no thanks :)

Id like to see some cooldowns on rings/pots but only a few seconds, not to make it a whole lot harder to stay alive.

I dont even know what the normal cooldown on srs is, or how pking with cooldown is. Im new to the cooldown thing :)

Now we talk about (minor) change. Maybe give rosts a 99% to save items instead of 100 :)

ProHibited

cooldown on SRs might help but from what has been said from many is that you all don't PK on the "mixing" server anyway so what does it matter?

I will have to agree that cooldown on SRs does sound like a good idea only because with no cooldown it does make PKing with others way too easy. Adding cooldown times would provides more strategy than usual imo.

You want strategy based on SR cool down play the "main" server.

Something that may seem hard to believe, small tweaks like cooldown on SRs may even be "easy" to implement and I bet it will even make people use PEM's or EMP's or w/e but, like in a lot of other things, I have to disagree and say keep it as it is.

Rosto chance to work at 99%... just remove them and make things more interesting. I have some essences in storage that I will use up quickly.