Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Florian

Clicking on yourself

When I try to open a bag I'm standing on, or try to click on something very near, I often click my char instead of what ever I really wanted to click.

Idea: in the "click-detection-render-pass", don't render our own actor (exception: select-magic-target-cursor). Or did I miss a useful case when you really want to click on yourself?

Sounds like a good idea. It would rid us of those pointless "obviously you can't trade with yourself" and "you see youself" messages. Nothing I can really think of that would require clicking on yourself in any situation.

One exception where I find clicking on myself useful is when trying to determine if I'm located on a part of a map where pk is possible or not. Please keep that aspect in-game.

Just let it as it is, in the future I might add some useful things regarding clicking on yourself. Just make it cursor dependent, like trading.

I was told, that you can see your Mule-level only by clicking LOOK on yourself ... i am not a mule, so i cannot confirm it, but it could be case, where you want click yourself.

Shoud be possible to make only the legs be "invisible in search path" ... as you click body, if you want click yourself, but you click legs when you want to click the bag on ground ...