Eternal Lands Official Forums
bkc56

Community restrictions on sales-bots,

Community Bot Rules  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Ownership limits

• No bot ownership limits.
    • One bot per guild or guildless player.
    • One bot per continent per guild or guildless player.
    • Other.
  2. 2. Advertising limits

• No bot ads at all on @3.
    • Default (15 minute) limits for bot ads on @3.
    • 30 minute minimum on bot ads on @3.
    • 60 minute minimum on bot ads on @3.
    • Other.
  3. 3. Limits on sales

• No limits (bot owner's choice) on what bots can buy/sell.
    • Some (as yet undefined) limits on what bots can buy/sell.
    • No limits (bot owner's choice) on who bots can buy/sell to.
    • Bots must buy/sell from anyone.
    • Other.

#Edit - And with Multi being allowed, and no cooldown, these prices are stupid. 8gc for a HE? Try 5-6.
That's kind of funny as HEs are the best seller. As to other stuff, if it doesn't sell then supply/demand will start pushing the prices down. It's always easier to slowly drop prices to trigger sales than it is to raise prices to slow sales down. People appreciate the former, and react badly to the latter.

But as usual, the tread repeatedly wanders aimlessly off-topic.

Clear reason that hes are the best seller. People like me make gc while training or use their alts to harv and sell stuff for gc and rather spend that gc then take time out of training to practice alch and harv silver to make them ourselves or with our alts. Also new players who start up are trying to at least get to restore lv so they can keep/catch up with everyone else the best they can. Keep churning them out, we'll keep burning them up.

#Edit: Sorry for going off topic. since i already stated my opinion.

Edited by bigshock28

I attempted to summarize the main points discussed into a poll. The poll limited me to three questions, so I combined the items and people limits into the third question and made it multiple choice (hopefully it's not to confusing).

We'll give it till Friday for votes and any additional discussion and see if we have consensus.

voted:

No bot ownership limits.

If someone wants to give ent $120 go for it :)

No bot ads at all on @3.

Its such a small community, everyone knows what bots, and what they have

No limits (bot owner's choice) on what bots can buy/sell.

Its owners priority on what they buy/sell

No limits (bot owner's choice) on who bots can buy/sell to.

If you dont want dont to make gc, then dont make it on someone you dont like at least

No limits (bot owner's choice) on who bots can buy/sell to.

Bots must buy/sell from anyone.

Must be morning... I can't tell the difference! I get the idea, but I don't see the difference specially if I read it like this "No limits on who bots can buy/sell to."

Edited by Segor

"No limits on who bots can buy/sell to."

This means no limits on who you allow to use the bot.

In other words, you can restrict sales to specific groups, or disallow sales to specific people/guilds etc.

Which is (of course) very different to bots _must_ allow sales to everyone.

I belive the Bot is there for 2 reasons

1: to help community by supplying reseorces where needed and buying from players so eventualy they will have somewhere to sell stuff to

2:To suppy owner/guild with a small proffit /and also to buy items that they or their guild needs

So i dont believe there should be any restrictions on what is bought or sold or to who you are buying from or selling to

Bots normaly have enemy section (higher prices) and also the ability to ban single players although i would not want to ban anyone i still feel the option should be their if needed

Just my opinion have voted

Handyman Thor

• One bot per guild or guildless player.
  • No bot ads at all on @3.
  • No limits (bot owner's choice) on what bots can buy/sell.

People can see a Bots name, and PM it. No need for it to advertise IMO.

How will this one work ?

at the moment vote is

4 votes for no avertising and 8 for advertising (just differnet limits) with 4 votes on 60 minute minimum and 4 votes on no adds at all are tying but 2 vote on 15 mins and 2 votes on 30 mins. i am confused how this will be worked out (i read this in favor of advertising at the moment 8-4)

maybe it should have been a yes or no vote for advertising then is yes won a vote on limits

Handyman

How will this one work ?

maybe it should have been a yes or no vote for advertising then is yes won a vote on limits

You may well be right that it should have been in 2 stages. On the one hand, you could say it's a clear win for the "yes" votes with a disagreement as to the timing.

For now I'd say we'll just let it go till the end of the week. If we don't feel it's a clear decision, we'll start a new poll with two questions:

1. Should there be ads on @3

2. If there are, what duration limits.

That will be totally clear.

Personally, I think the implied consensus is to have ads, but make them rare (an hour or longer). I think I'll go ahead and modify Canned to run 1 hour + a random 0-15 minute delta. People can see how they like that.

The other two questions seem to have a solid trend: one bot per guild/person, and no limits on items or customers. But again, we'll see what the rest of the week brings.

Ok so much for the promises, doing whats best for the community etc etc. Thats fine, just don't lie about it kk? Tnx

Bot owners can do whatever they want with their bots as long they don't actively annoy people with it. So I voted NO ads, its really annoying. We all know what bots are selling what etc.

If there are too many bots, so some of us here suddenly cant remember what bot sells what, there is an ingame thingy where you can write down stuff in case you forget things.

I would also like to see all bots give correct prices, like Canned does.

ProHibited

Ok so much for the promises, doing whats best for the community etc etc. Thats fine, just don't lie about it kk? Tnx

I would also like to see all bots give correct prices, like Canned does.

Could you please explain these two comments a bit more. I'm not sure who/what the first one is referring to.

On the second, I don't see how Canned's prices are any more "correct" than Odin's (the only other sales bot thus far). What do you mean?

Oh, I heard all kind of things, like all prices would be designed to aid the buying/selling for the general public, IF thor would get a bot. It would not be there to help the owners. (I said that was nonsense, you get a bot and want something back from it right..) Atm I don't see any of that reflect in the pricing.

I meant with correct prices, that somehow odin pms different prices then what he asks for in the trade window.

I meant with correct prices, that somehow odin pms different prices then what he asks for in the trade window.
I don't know if this applies to your specific situation, but most bots PM their public prices when you do a #inv or #wanted. But once you are trading (the bot can see you), you may get a better price if your guild-tag gets member/ally pricing. I suppose the reverse could be true if the bot supports higher enemy pricing.

That type of behavior could explain why PM and Trading prices might vary.

My vote included one bot per continent per 'owner' for the time being (hundreds of new players will bring a different condition.)

Trade bots should remain in safe places if not near storages.

I believe we should discuss a limit to items being sold by bots: All tools and enhanced items should be available, extreme weapons, armor and rostogols, maybe not. I'm sure Entropy would like to be the sole seller of rostos other than player to player! Anyway, Bones and Branches of Kill Everybody and Crowns of Protect Me From Everybody should be only items that newbs dream of on Christmas eve.... We should be able to challenge each other with nothing more than stats, fists, and bravado!

Hiya!!! Punky White Fool!!! I am the other white meat ye shall phear!!!!

Um... after I finish dinner....

Ads on #3 are fine with me, 15 minute or half-hour, whichever.

I'd also like to see bots out in the open near storages so they aren't used as 'drop sinks' for guilds to deposit harvests while avoiding PK.

And please! Don't name them after Kings of Gods! Sheesh, Odin is standing out in the cold begging people to buy from his box full of apples and pencils! Pathetic, I tell ya! :D

And please! Don't name them after Kings of Gods! Sheesh, Odin is standing out in the cold begging people to buy from his box full of apples and pencils! Pathetic, I tell ya! :D

Was'nt Odin Thor's daddy :P

Your guild ^v^ is on the bots enemy list which puts an increased amout on the sell and a reduction on what he buys from you (this is what the feature is for)

Restrictions.

There is an enemy section on this bot witch has been activated [This is not like the main server and as you can have alts, if your guild is under the enemy section you can boot an alt from the guild to buy from the bot at normal prices]

so this will be more of an inconvenience to enemy guilds but is still possible to buy at normal prices

If you read through this propperly you will understand

link http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=45648

Handy Thor

Edited by handyman

I say (and voted) no limitations at all, default one message @3 every 15 minutes, like on main server.

If someone don't like bots, s/he should not use them and #ignore them.

The only problem i see right now is, that there might be too many bots for our small community,

but solving this with a limitation of any kind isnt the best idea IMO, kinda unfair..

A hint for bot prices: When i made (extended) Karlin, i had the same problem with guild tags, someone PM's the bot, the bot gives out regular prices, but when it sees the guild tag, the price can change. Karlin is based on CK's NeXtie bot, which has a privilege system. So i made the bot prices depending on the privilege a player has, which has the big advantage, you can give better/higher prices to single players and not only to whole guilds. And the bot always tells the correct prices :D

Piper

@Handyman

Wouldnt it be better to have a bot pm you the prices he charges for stuffs?

#edit:

Maybe some1 can program a little addition to ur bot, so that it can remember who is in enemie/friendly guilds?

Edited by ProHibited

You can put individual people as enemies not just guilds :icon13:
That's a function of who's sales-bot code-base you're using. Some support such features, some don't.

The bot has a function that can put a giuld or a person as an enemy

also can banned them from using it altogether

Person or guild placed as enemy are set at a 25% increase so you pay 25% more when buying or offered 25% less when selling

When advertising the bot puts out the general pricing

But if you type /odin wanted or /Odin inv It will tell you the right price for your staus (it works on your tag if in a guild it also scans your name )

There are ways around this use an Alt thats not in the guild /or kick one just for the duration of buying and selling / not sure if it works if you change your tag

Like i said in my post in market section It more an inconvience than a problem to enemys

Handyman

My vote said no restrictions of any kind by the community. The players don't own this server, Entropy does. I say if Entropy allows it, then so be it. If that causes people not to use my bot when she is created here, then so be it. And NO, I did not, nor will I read each and every single post here, I knew my feelings well in advance when I was hoping that we could have bots here.

Please don't pm me or harass me in game, you won't change my mind.

Thanks

Tess

Well it's time to interpret the results. They aren't all as obvious as I would like but we can do a re-vote if people think it's needed.

First, the obvious one. It's very clear people want no limits on what bots can buy/sell, and no limits on who then can buy/sell to. So bot owners are free to do as they wish.

Ownership limits would seem to be pretty clear at one bot per guild or guildless player. One could argue that the "no limits" plus the "less restrictive limits" are greater than the "restrictive limits" (6+6 to 10 votes) so we may want to re-visit the question when (if) the server gets large enough to support more bots.

The question of advertising is less clear. The straight poll says default time limits (15 minutes) wins (with 7 votes) but I'd bet that if the question was broken into two parts (as suggested above) that the "no" votes would also vote for the longest possible duration which would make that the winner (5+4 votes).

Since there's a huge difference between ads every 15 minutes and adds every hour, I'd suggest we re-poll the duration question so that all the "no" votes could re-vote for a duration they like since a clear majority want bot advertising of some kind (7+5+4 to 5 votes). If there's no strong objection, I'll create that poll in a day or two.

Since there's a huge difference between ads every 15 minutes and adds every hour, I'd suggest we re-poll the duration question so that all the "no" votes could re-vote for a duration they like since a clear majority want bot advertising of some kind (7+5+4 to 5 votes). If there's no strong objection, I'll create that poll in a day or two.
No one said anything about this until the poll was posted. Then a few people got upset. So we'll ignore any preferences of the people who voted "no" and just call the winner as the default time-limit which means bot owners have no restrictions and can do whatever they want from the 15 minute default on up.