Eternal Lands Official Forums
handyman

Do you want Trade bots on PK server

Trade bots on PK server  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Want Trade Bots On Pk Server

• Yes
    • No

To make This fair please back up your Vote with a post on the forum and attatch your PK Server in game name

This will stop cheating and multiple voting

If votes and forum post are different the forum post will be the deciding factor

Handyman

I voted yes because the guild NPCs are just not good enough for a supplier guild. You can't sell to them, you can't PM and INV/WANTED request, many of the functions in the menus aren't implemented, they're to far away from the normal traffic flow (I could go on).

Of course I know that several people have said they wanted bots here, they were just waiting for Entropy to allow them.

I think the one-bot-per-guild concept is good. I'm not sure anyone uses it, but we could say no bot ads on @3 also if we wanted. The only real problem with bots on the main server is the spam on @3. Setting a minimum time (say 1 hour between messages) should solve that here.

I voted yes for the simple fact that when I did play on the pk server it would have been nice to have a bot to purchase/buy from at certain times.

I would rather give my in-game gold to a player who needs it rather than an NPC which makes that coin "vanish".

PaulB

I voted 'No'.

I'm tired of Main Server, I don't feel the need to make another Main Server thanks.

BugSpray & Grumpy.

i know i'm not on pk server much at the moment...... but i do hear about it through a good friend.

i have voted for yes... as being a member of a supplier's guild having npc would make it so much easier to deal with the various time zones and make it so much simpler for 'customers' to pick up their desired merchandise.

That's my pennies worth anyway

take care

spirited (by name and by nature) :icon13:

If you could add in the option, "Yes, but with limitations." I'll vote and explain.

Thanks,

Mango/Ryosuke on PK

Same here.

Piper

Accept that there are bots now, too late to start a vote for it.
Other than if the vote is 'no', and Entropy agrees, the rule will be changed back again. I still think it's worth voting by everyone.

And if we have a 'yes' vote, then the topic will be closed and we can stop all the forum and in-game flaming on the topic.

Edited by bkc56

I have votd yes too

As i thought it would help back in May when i started the Thread

Paul B this is not a flame but you gave PaulB as your pk server ingame name that is not correct as you sold it to another player

Also i agree with piper would be good for restriction to apply if bots are given the go ahead

( not sure how to add that and how it would efect voting as some people have already voted but would like to see some restrictions)

Handyman

Edited by handyman

I have votd yes too

As i thought it would help back in May when i started the Thread

Paul B this is not a flame but you gave PaulB as your pk server ingame name that is not correct as you sold it to another player

Also i agree with piper would be good for restriction to apply if bots are given the go ahead

Handyman

Actually I didn't give my PK in game name I just "sign" my post usually with that. And I did state this....

I voted yes for the simple fact that when I did play on the pk server it would have been nice to have a bot to purchase/buy from at certain times.

And no this isn't a flame either. Just correcting the misunderstanding..

PaulB

No

Bots bring an advantage that I don't agree on.

Same way with some specific trade between servers that happen quite often.

I voted 'No'.

I'm tired of Main Server, I don't feel the need to make another Main Server thanks.

BugSpray & Grumpy.

well according to u this is "main server 2".....so get use to it? :)

If you could add in the option, "Yes, but with limitations." I'll vote and explain.

Thanks,

Mango/Ryosuke on PK

Same here.

Piper

:devlish:

voted YES

Voted no for a few reasons, but I know this is going to change sooner or later (and by the look of it, probably sooner). Maybe I should have voted yes just to get this over with. Rip the bandaid off, so to say. I'm undecided. Can I change my vote? I have no idea. Actually, I have lots of ideas, but they're rather conflicted.

-Sy (both of them...hmmm, maybe having having two personalities in game is affecting my ability to think linearly outsoud the game. That's it: SyAnide doesn't want bots, SyWren does. How do I put that in the vote?)

After my vote, it was 8 yes, 5 no. With Ent's it should 9-5. Looks like there are a few votes coming in without names after that.

Probably the tally is going to have to be simply by manually counting what people said, so it will be more legit if everyone state which direction they vote.

I think some people have been put off by the amount of flaming this topic has produced, and may not want to publicly vote (raise your hand if that applies to you... ;) ). As we have done in other polls, I'm fine with simply asking that only those who play the server vote on the topic (honor system). You can't force people to post their vote. Of couse with 20 or so regular players, if we get 30 or more votes we'll know something funny is going on.

Can I move my Main server bot to the pk server? since we mostly play here now? LOL!!!! WOOT ;)

bots name TheMatrix

Bot owner Poot/Kit_gw

LOL If its possible.. Then I will change my vote to Yes :) LOL!!!

Dont forget guys for those who are voting and not leaving a post with there pk ingame name saying yes or no wont be considered

we have done this to stop cheating and multi voting

all posts will be read to determain if its yes or no

Handy

You can't force people to post their vote. Of couse with 20 or so regular players, if we get 30 or more votes we'll know something funny is going on.

im not 100% but think thats 11 votes posted on the forum out of the 20 in the poll