Eternal Lands Official Forums
LabRat

When was playername last online?

Yes. I enjoy looking at that page, I do it every 16 minutes of the day and night.

Only to point and laugh you understand..

The page is meaningless fluff. I never claimed it was anything apart from that. It was a simple programming task I fancied doing at the time.

I will unban you from Agneum so you can send the nolastseen command.

Kind regards

Your friendly neighbourhood data scraper

Labby.

This is like google!

First they store everyones data and then they conquer the earth!

Hehe, I'm sure there are more games that store data, and even have some of it open for the public...

From what i've seen none of the data is really 'personal'.

ProHibited

I will unban you from Agneum so you can send the nolastseen command.

[PM to Agneum: #nolastseen]
[PM from Agneum: [------------------------------------------------------------]
[PM from Agneum: [Unfortunately I will not remove anyone from the lastseen	]
[PM from Agneum: [page.													   ]
[PM from Agneum: [Thank you for using this service.						   ]
[PM from Agneum: [Regards,  LabRat											]
[PM from Agneum: [------------------------------------------------------------]

o.O

Oh it is, didn't you know that Gilrain owns all rights on the number 63027?

Because that is the information I hold about him. Nothing more, nothing less.

Yup - looks like the nolastseen command works as coded. Thank you for the verification.

and btw: being proud of that just shows dumbness imho, i mean, what advantage has this page http://elimages.labby.co.uk/lastseen.php?name=gilrain for you, do you look at it every morning?

regards

Then what does it matter if Labby has it on there or not.. I Certainly don't care about your minutes.. but I like to look at mine, my hubbies, and my friends. Do you seriously think that showing the minutes you have been on is going to bring people from all over the world to come knocking on your door? I think not. And Your small mention about us in the US not knowing about privacy laws, I found a tad bit rude... I think If someone helps the community No matter if you make a Game for free or help out by programming... It should be appreciated a little more by Everyone. Not nit picked by anyway you can.. AND turned into a Fiasco. Do you not think people have more important things to do than worry about your measly little minutes/about how much you play this game? Show some gratitude..

sorry was on a soap box Will get down now.

Edited by kit_gw

gilrain was last seen Mon, 15 Sep 2008 17:57:01 +0200 and has been online for 63027 minutes (43 days 18 hours 27 mins) since my records began (don't know when that was :icon13:)

thanks labby, I now have Gilrains bank account number (527624327).... :P

I mean seriously people what are you worried about... You probably throw out more personal information in the trash then Labrat could ever get from your IP and such, or perhaps you send off every piece of mail to a certified shredder ;)

And Your small mention about us in the US not knowing about privacy I found a tad bit rude...

I totally agree...

btw: love the feature labrat, keep up the good work.

There is no personally identifiable data in labrat's database, and not even we have such data (unless if you make some payment to us).

And care to point out the specific text of the law you invoke on privacy?

i just read this topic and i must say good job Labrat. I like that. And i dont care if some1 can check how long i have been online. I have nothing to be ashamed for. :)

And for these especially for ermabwed who cry because some1 can see when and how long they have been online....i couldnt believe it when i read it. Erma totally lost his mind and is out of reallity.

Labrat, just ignore them

I'm surprised with the level of absurd in this thread. Privacy policy in this context is plain bullshit.

Honestly, I'm not using this service, but if somebody finds it cool to check out my data in there - feel free;) Somehow easier way would be PMing me, but... :shrugs:

Get some life people.

http://elimages.labby.co.uk/lastseen.php?name=korrode

hmmm i think the only non-moderator that pwns me is Jeze ^^

Nice page Labrat :(

@all the people crying about privacy;

Your name displays on the publicly accessible online players page.

It can be tracked by anyone.

If you don't like this fact; the answer for you is plain and simple... don't play EL :)

Seriously, wtf are u all so worried about? (and fyi i'm a bit of a privacy nut... and i certainly don't care about this info about me being public.)

Indeed, great work and a very nice idea!

Privacy policy in this context is plain bullshit.

True... true... !

I started to laugh when I read the first 'flame' posts in this topic, but then the flames grow up to be rubbish and ridiculous...

I can't understand a word from that bullshit.

Some guys deserves a simple: :)

Privacy? Aye what privacy?

Actually we were even looking for similar script for our guild page, to keep the track when a member was last logged in (the previous script gone mad and its not working at all atm). Now we have a way around.

Thanks LabRat!

Edited by BloodSucker

I can give you a way of accessing player information directly (just the minutes online), or I can write a script that returns the minutes online and the last seen time, or just the last seen time.

Let me know what you want :)

i dont want to make too much fuzz about it, but in fact most data only make sense in combination with other data (as you say: payment). i still dont understand, why someone stores _my_ data (you could easily store when i log in and when i log out of the game, and that is personal data for sure, especially if recorded for months).

i dont want to spoil that service to those who enjoy it, i never asked for a service shutdown, just for not recording the data of my account by a third party....so i feel happy for all you ppl who enjoy that service :(

since labrat is too lazy to make exceptions for ppl who dont enjoy that service we now have a nice little debate about pricavy (which i enjoy :) )

You (entropy) mentioned, that EU was storing online behaviour for 18 month, thats not true. In fact the EU made a directive, that member states should record telecommunication data for 6 months. In germany, the according law is just close to being denied by the constitutional court, thx to many nice ppl who love their privacy

(see this for example http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/09/23/...n3289375.shtml)

I made a rude remark about us-citizens, believe me its nothing personal, but currently the US government already stores every available data of eu citizens (like credit card numbers , food preferences on flights, all bank transfers (SWIFT) and so on) and would like to even store our biometrical data in the future. (of course they dont give out the data of their own citizens to europe in turn) So take my rude remark as criticism at your government only :)

i surely didnt want to offend any of you nice ppl i met in this game here :)

kind regards,

the person playing Gilrain

Edited by murdock

And for the record I do not store when you log in and log out.

I add one to a counter if (once a minute) you are online.

The lastseen time is nothing more than the file modification time that happens as an unrelated byproduct of whether the file gets updated or not.

If you want to see the complete information I hold on you http://elimages.labby.co.uk/players/g/count_gilrain.htm feel free to check it out and see whether you consider a number that is meaningless without a start date (which I only wish I had :)) is an intrusion on your rl privacy or just overblowed hot air from someone that has severe "they are out to get me" issues.

Maybe the airlines track people's eating habits so that they can figure out what food is consumed more, buy more in and get the same product at a cheaper rate because of the power of buying in bulk?

Nah must be so they can ensure you get exactly what you don't like on flights - "I am sorry Mr Murdock but Hannibal and Face Man just ate the last of the pecan pie, you're stuck with gruel. Teach you to put in a complaint in 1985!"

I haven't discussed privacy. I have discussed the fact that I am not tracking you. Well apart from the IP logs, server access logs, referer logs etc - but that's nothing to worry about is it?

Have a nice day. I'll be watching to make sure you do.

oh sorry, I forgot </sarcasm>

(which i enjoy :) )

I really do too, I love to read all this stupid conversations with all the crap some people can cry about :(

please go on, so we have something to laugh about too :)

i dont want to make too much fuzz about it, but in fact most data only make sense in combination with other data (as you say: payment). i still dont understand, why someone stores _my_ data (you could easily store when i log in and when i log out of the game, and that is personal data for sure, especially if recorded for months).

It is not your data, it is my data. Most of the websites that are community related (forums, social bookmark sites, etc.) 'spy' on their users, so there is no issue.

i dont want to spoil that service to those who enjoy it, i never asked for a service shutdown, just for not recording the data of my account by a third party....so i feel happy for all you ppl who enjoy that service :P

Ok, I understand your concern, which is very valid. I am going to delete your player and forum account, because they are stored by a 3rd party (my web and server host).

You (entropy) mentioned, that EU was storing online behaviour for 18 month, thats not true. In fact the EU made a directive, that member states should record telecommunication data for 6 months.

Where the fuck do you get your information for? It is between 6 and 24 months, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_retention

In germany, the according law is just close to being denied by the constitutional court, thx to many nice ppl who love their privacy

(see this for example http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/09/23/...n3289375.shtml)

And in the winter it is cold. Therefore, I am right.

It is not your data, it is my data. Most of the websites that are community related (forums, social bookmark sites, etc.) 'spy' on their users, so there is no issue.

Well said. :P

If you don't want any information about your internet activities to be held somewhere the solution is simple, don't use the internet. :happy:

pls stop insinuating things i didnt say or mean, kthx

also i was talking to labrat and only about that specific service of his, noone else, kthx

and the EU directive indeed _forces_ their member states to 6 months minimum and allows for longer storage of the data in the repsective laws of each country. the German law had 6 months, just fyi.

can we now pls stop this ? since the issue is solved and the discussion turned into comedy, would be very nice :confused: thx for your attention