Eternal Lands Official Forums
LabRat

When was playername last online?

I know why you want Labrat to remove your info from his page...

You have played EL so much you lost touch with reality somewhere!

Get real already.

:/

i think you should reread the whole topic, obviously you have no clue what you're talking about.

Edited by Marr

OMG I am lying about how many times your name has appeared on the players online page since some point in time that I myself am unsure of.

Yes. EL is a massive government funded site with agents like me dedicated to showing the world that you really don't play EL at all.

I fraudulently record your IP whenever you click on a thread that has a post of mine in so I can tell the world what topics you have viewed (hey I just realised I can do that too!).

I fraudulently erm do stuff (dunno what stuff) with erm useless stuff.

Do I know your current IP? no.

Do I know how long you have spent ingame since some time in the past? no.

Do I know where you have visited? no.

Have I sold your email to spammers? no.

Do I have your email? no.

Am I launching a massive distributed denial of service attack on your IP address? no.

Have I been going to banks asking for loans and saying your IP address will repay them? no.

Are you talking out of your arse?

Am I using sarcasm and/or irony to eplain that I care not one jot about the information I (or others) may or may not hold about you?

Who wants to know about your stats? At a guess I would say yourself, your friends and (thanks to your posts) just random people wanting to know why you are so special.

Btw for those that like stats, 73 lines are currently in my server log with the text "ermabwed" in. eep I checked!

More fun would be had if you knew how many people had searched for names with swear words in :closedeyes:

Aaaanyway:

http://elimages.labby.co.uk/lastseen.php or http://elimages.labby.co.uk/lastseen.php?name=labrat

Here's to me reaching 50 days ingame since I don't know when.

I added a nolastseen command to Agneum, feel free to use it.

Glad I could help you :closedeyes:

I know why you want Labrat to remove your info from his page...

You have played EL so much you lost touch with reality somewhere!

Get real already.

:/

i think you should reread the whole topic, obviously you have no clue what you're talking about.

No that's not the case rofl.

I was just making a point as to how naive that person was being about this issue. :closedeyes:

I am not sure what the EU says about privacy, but I am pretty sure it only addresses stuff such as IPs, e-mails, and so on. The fact that you are online in a game can not be addressed by any privacy laws. In fact, someone can manually check by PMing you in the game.

Furthermore, EU requires internet providers and website operators to actually keep the logs for like 18 months or so.

But truly, I have no idea what your problem is with that.

ls -al -R | grep 2008-01-29

From trial and error, the earliest file modification time is 2008-01-29 14:11 (France time) so the start date is from then at the latest, possibly earlier.

I was just making a point as to how naive that person was being about this issue. :)

:pirate:

@LabRat: Thanks for putting this back up! :-)

I'm curious, is there any way to make it account for name-changes, or do the users just need to add the two names together?

@Others: Whoa, check out how long Aislinn's been in-game for :P

I don't have a way of knowing alts (well not a definite way) and therefore I track on a per character basis.

For the record I do not track *when* a player is online, only the last time they were ingame and the number of minutes that the player has been ingame:

$fp = fopen($playername,"R+");
if($fp)
{
$on = fread($fp,1024);
$on++;
rewind($fp);
fputs($fp,$on);
fclose($fp);
}

basically open or create the file, read a number from the file, add 1 to that number, write that number to the file. This may not be the exact code I use, just a quick version of it I typed in for this thread.

Edited by LabRat

ls -al -R | grep 2008-01-29

From trial and error, the earliest file modification time is 2008-01-29 14:11 (France time) so the start date is from then at the latest, possibly earlier.

So my theory subtracting his online time from his last seen time didn't work. :) Still interesting little thing LabRat.

This may not be the exact code I use, just a quick version of it I typed in for this thread.

hopefully not *g*

just wonder how many ppl already tried /etc/passwd as username or something ^^

No. It would be possible to know the exact start time if Linux stored the file creation time as well as the file modification time. Windows does it :)

and $playername gets preprocessed (a string added) and stripslashes() before it gets near the server

@Others: Whoa, check out how long Aislinn's been in-game for :pirate:

Unless it says the equivilent of 4 and a half years 24/7 minus vacations and unwanted disconnects, it's not accurate :P

I stay afk ingame even if not physically here, easier to keep up with what issues happen while I'm sleeping/living rl. :)

Unless it says the equivilent of 4 and a half years 24/7 minus vacations and unwanted disconnects, it's not accurate :P

I stay afk ingame even if not physically here, easier to keep up with what issues happen while I'm sleeping/living rl. :)

aislinn is like ze ceiling cat of EL :pirate: she knows all what we do :P

Im happy this is back up, are there any other features planned yet labby? (cant think of any myself lol but who knows)

aislinn is like ze ceiling cat of EL :pirate: she knows all what we do :P

Im happy this is back up, are there any other features planned yet labby? (cant think of any myself lol but who knows)

Yes many ideas are forthcoming :)

I just want to also say how cool of a feature it is to check this out... yes.. It proves I have no life.. But.. thats okay :) I love being addicted to EL.. its better then some other addictions :pirate: and I dont end up in jail this way :P WOOT EL FTW! :P WOOT

Thank you Labrat :P HUGS!

...Whoa, check out how long Aislinn's been in-game for :P

Lol. That's nothing... Check out Alexical!

Thanks for this, LabRat!

Edited by LIGHTspeed

Asgnny ownz all :) > asgnny was last seen Fri, 22 Aug 2008 23:51:01 +0200 and has been online for 184485 minutes (128 days 2 hours 45 mins) since my records began (don't know when that was ;))

:P))

Thanks for putting it back up, Labrat

Labrat, plz delete the stored data for char Gilrain.

Since you chose to ban me from using Agneum for chatting in chan 4, i have no access to the mentioned command.

kthx

apart from that, some remarks on the discussion:

in fact, that collection of data might be illegal here (in germany, dunno about british laws), when it can be traced back to a real person, although its nearly impossible to enforce that.

The fact that google collects your data is no argument against that, believe me, i know what i am talking of. The fact that its public data is no argument either, pls read up more on the subject if you really believe that.

It was nice, that you could ask for removal in the beginning, it was even better (more in the spirit of european data retention laws) that you made it opt-in. So my question is: why dont you just connect it with the privacy-option of gossip, so that ppl who set the privacy option are not recorded ? should be easy to program.

And for the us-citizens: pls dont speak of privacy, you dont have such laws over there :P

Edited by murdock

Here's how it works.

You do not own your Eternal Lands character. Radu Privantu does.

You do not own the players online page. Radu Privantu does.

Radu Privantu has sole rights to Eternal Lands and as sole owner gave me the license to use the data obtained in the manner outlined in this thread.

I am sorry if that offends you but that is the situation and I cannot put it any clearer.

Here's how it works.

You do not own your Eternal Lands character. Radu Privantu does.

You do not own the players online page. Radu Privantu does.

Radu Privantu has sole rights to Eternal Lands and as sole owner gave me the license to use the data obtained in the manner outlined in this thread.

I am sorry if that offends you but that is the situation and I cannot put it any clearer.

of course i could have known you would reply in such a style, that perfectly fits in your behaviour you show elsewhere.

But you still get the facts wrong. Of course i dont own the char or the game or whatever website, still if you store my online behaviour (which is published by radu in the US, not by me), you are storing data about _my private life_. You dont own that data, how could you, you just sit there in the UK and grab them from the players online website and store them in your little database - still its aggregated data about my behavior and belongs to me.

I know many ppl who dont understand that difference, and i also know many ppl who could understand, but just want to act otherwise. I know i cant stop you from doing so, therefor i had hoped, you would maybe follow my polite wish for deleting my data (or not collecting it at all), but you seem to not like politeness.

and btw: being proud of that just shows dumbness imho, i mean, what advantage has this page http://elimages.labby.co.uk/lastseen.php?name=gilrain for you, do you look at it every morning?

regards