Eternal Lands Official Forums
LabRat

When was playername last online?

Labrat is there any chance you could resurrect this service as an opt-in opportunity for players that want to know how long they have been on-line etc. and don't mind others knowing?

I would be willing to pay ~20kgc for my main char to be listed and say ~5kgc for any alts that I want listed?

Labrat is there any chance you could resurrect this service as an opt-in opportunity for players that want to know how long they have been on-line etc. and don't mind others knowing?

I would be willing to pay ~20kgc for my main char to be listed and say ~5kgc for any alts that I want listed?

Install xfire on your pc. It's free and it keeps track of all your games.

It is up and running again in a severely restricted form.

I have recoded it on an opt-in basis. To opt in costs 20k gc for your main character, after that your alts can be listed for 5k gc.

I remember when this was free :P

How about a $5 fee to have your name removed, or for the -privacy- feature to include this?

I really don't see how this could violate anyone's privacy. It's a by-product of something LabRat has constructed, anyone else is perfectly free to do it themselves. Heck, you wouldn't even need any technology, you could just sit and count the number of hours someone logs in by following them around EL. Would that be boring? Sure. Would it be impossible? No.

To opt in costs 20k gc for your main character, after that your alts can be listed for 5k gc.
I must be unclear on the concept. Why would I want to pay to opt-in? People know I'm here all the time anyway... :P

That is exactly the point bkc :P

I provided it free to the world and a few people objected. My dummy is well and truly out of my pram. Hell I want the information to be free but I am not adding 30997 people by hand without a little something for my RSI costs in the future.

It is up and running again in a severely restricted form.

I have recoded it on an opt-in basis. To opt in costs 20k gc for your main character, after that your alts can be listed for 5k gc.

I remember when this was free :P

So do I :), and to be honest I'd prefer it to be free but I guess some people wouldn't be happy with that so I shall cough up for me and my alt.

*looks at Ringil's post*

*then looks at his sig*

O.o

Like I said, *one* side effect of being the players online mirror. That is another one.

*looks at Ringil's post*

*then looks at his sig*

O.o

Yes - I have paid for my main and alt to have the last online/time online service (a snip at the price of 25kgc), and thought that it would be cool to show off how addicted to EL I am with one of LabRat's hand crafted siggy images :P

Edited by Ringil_Oddsocks

\o/ ty g0d :) site will be up in 1 minute :P Ringil expect a refund momentarily :icon13:

Recieved from an undisclosed (for his privacy) sender in my PM inbox:

Labrat,

I want to know exactly what data you store, for how long and for what purpose(s). This question includes any data you store that I could possibly be subject to. If any personal data of mine (this includes my IP address) is stored I want to know how, how long and for what purpose. If you currently store any personal data beyond what is absolutely necessary to perform your services I ask you to delete it and cease doing this in the future.

Furthermore I ask you again, to not publish my total online time as that is something that is not public but a result of tracking that data.Thanks.

And my reply to the undisclosed recipient:
Ermabwed,

The server has a record of page views in the form of the apache log file which contains IP addresses.

As I do not know your IP address and there are after all 2^32 possible IP addresses I would need a list of every IP address you have been on since 2007 so I can be sure to clear your records.

As you can appreciate I fully intend to cooperate with your request but would need external verifcation of your claim, such as a notarised copy from your ISP listing all the websites you have visited as I host a large number of web sites from my server, several unrelated to Eternal Lands.

I keep the server logs indefinitely for statistical purposes (page views by hour/day/month/year, page views by IP etc).

The data I scrape from the players online page is in the public domain to be used as I see fit (see Entropy's post on the subject) and therefore I will continue to provide the information to anyone that wishes to ask for it.

In short, the only thing I am willing to do is remove your IP addresses from my server logs if - and only if - your ISP provides a full list of times, dates and web pages visited to ensure I clear only the relevant entries. An email or other electronic copy of this information is not acceptable, original records from the ISP only.

I will be posting this into the forum too (with none of your personally identifiable information in your original post) to ensure others know my standpoint.

I hope this makes things clear with regard to my ebul data retention policies. I may at some point should I see fit sell the data scraped to google. They are running short of useless information and called me to ask for anything to help them become the best source of information about Eternal Lands on the planet. Well they may have done but at the time they may have called I may have been AFP (away from phone) mining.

Edit: I realised that I cannot post PMs without the other party's permission so I replaced every ' ' (space) character with ' ' (2 spaces). Now it is not the original forum PM, purely just a random bunch of characters. It is not my fault HTML formatting converts 2 spaces to one when HTML is reconstructed by the browser.

Edited by LabRat

Hardly undisclosed. Anyways, I request that information on grounds of paragraph 8 of the charter of fundamental rights of the European Union.

Please provide the information requested.

Hardly undisclosed. Anyways, I request that information on grounds of paragraph 8 of the charter of fundamental rights of the European Union.

Please provide the information requested.

And apart from being truly anal, do you demand such information from every server on the 'net you have ever touched since you first logged onto the 'net? Every server keeps logs, even the ones you pass through on you merry way somewhere else. I really think you take yourself a little seriously, and should maybe take a look at the bigger picture... the one that isn't focussed just on your own trousers.

Thanx for the great FREE service using PUBLIC data Labby. Ignore the ignoramuses and their orbiting morons cos they just don't have any fun that doesn't ruin someone else's day.

Stewbaby

I cannot and will not remove any information without a takedown notice and a very lengthy and expensive (for you when I win) international court battle.

In the meantime I suggest not logging into Eternal Lands or accessing any page on my server so that the data is unaltered when it is time for the evidence to be presented.

Sorry - did you say that you have registered copyright and trademark on the name ermabwed?

10 rem Copyright 2008 Gregory Fenton

20 print "Ermabwed";

30 goto 20

Program "Ermabwed" Copyright 2008 Gregory Fenton all rights reserved.

Oh snap I beat you to it. Please desist from using the name ermabwed immediately as it is a breach of my intellectual copyright.

Edited by LabRat

As I said, it is a fundamental right of mine to request that information. And when I am under the impression that it is used in a fraudulent way, as in this case, I am free to request it and it is your obligation to provide the information.

I don't think it's asking too much nor am I being "anal" about it. In my first post I asked to be removed from the listing, which should be possible simply out of respect for my personal wish for privacy, gossip as your cited alternative gives this option as well (and I am using it too). However you then chose to remove that option from your listing again. I think with your bots and your coding experience it wouldn't be too hard to code an option to opt-out of this particular "service" of yours into one of your bots which would satisfy me (and should satisfy others with similar concerns as well). If you decide to provide that option I will withdraw the above request regarding my personal data.

In the meantime I guess it'll be more efficient to discuss the possibility to have my name removed from the online players list with Entropy in exchange for bricks instead of discussing your data collection of highly questionable legality :closedeyes:

As I said, it is a fundamental right of mine to request that information. And when I am under the impression that it is used in a fraudulent way, as in this case, I am free to request it and it is your obligation to provide the information.

I don't think it's asking too much nor am I being "anal" about it. In my first post I asked to be removed from the listing, which should be possible simply out of respect for my personal wish for privacy, gossip as your cited alternative gives this option as well (and I am using it too). However you then chose to remove that option from your listing again. I think with your bots and your coding experience it wouldn't be too hard to code an option to opt-out of this particular "service" of yours into one of your bots which would satisfy me (and should satisfy others with similar concerns as well). If you decide to provide that option I will withdraw the above request regarding my personal data.

In the meantime I guess it'll be more efficient to discuss the possibility to have my name removed from the online players list with Entropy in exchange for bricks instead of discussing your data collection of highly questionable legality :closedeyes:

I know why you want Labrat to remove your info from his page...

You have played EL so much you lost touch with reality somewhere!

Get real already.

:/