Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ambrosius

Bronze Plate

With the changed stats the bronze set looks pretty ok now (without the shield).

Its actually on par with the steel set now...or better...depending on what you want.

Its gives better armour and it gives all the magic protection / resistance that the steel set doesnt have.

Sure, it gives -4 accuracy (shield not included) but the steel set gives -2 accuracy and -1 defense.

But how much does the bronze set with its magic protection / resistance actually help against special hits of the special weapons and summon stones? Its makes the chance to get hit 10% less or 20% or 50% or.....?

And what is the difference between magic resistance and magic protection?

edit...spelling.

Edited by Ambrosius

With the changed stats the bronze set looks pretty ok now (without the shield).

Its actually on par with the steel set now...or better...depending on what you want.

Its gives better armour and it gives all the magic protection / resistance that the steel set doesnt have.

Sure, it gives -4 accuracy (shield not included) but the steel set gives -2 accuracy and -1 defense.

But how much does the bronze set with its magic protection / resistance actually help against special hits of the special weapons and summon stones? Its makes the chance to get hit 10% less or 20% or 50% or.....?

And what is the difference between magic resistance and magic protection?

edit...spelling.

Magic resistance is for spells and magic effects like cooling/mana burn/etc from animals and special weapons.

Magic protection helps to negate damage from weapons like the "Titanium Serpent Sword of Magic".

-Gohan

You can fully negate mana burn from bear with 15 magic resistance.

Other randoms are really hard to tell and I don't believe a player can answer you that. Those special effects are random in the first place. You might cooldown someone with JSoC 3 times in 10 seconds or you could fight 5 people and not cooldown anyone, so it's hard to tell/test how much it's really affected by the magic resistance.

-Gohan

You can fully negate mana burn from bear with 15 magic resistance.

Other randoms are really hard to tell and I don't believe a player can answer you that. Those special effects are random in the first place. You might cooldown someone with JSoC 3 times in 10 seconds or you could fight 5 people and not cooldown anyone, so it's hard to tell/test how much it's really affected by the magic resistance.

-Gohan

Well ive seen smby in full bronze still get drained alot by mana drain cuisses...bronze didnt seem to help much there.

So if its 15 magic resitance for bear stones...then what about the other stones weapons? Would be nice to roughly know whats needed to negate the special effects...and decide if its worth it to put up with the -4 accuracy of bronze in favour of avoiding the special hits.

I mean full bronze gives 11 magic resistance...add to that the magic protection spell (which actually gives +8 magic resistance) so thats 19....add to that warlock cloak which gives another 8 magic resistance. Total: 27 magic resistance...will that give you immunity to special hits?...if so...ill use it a lot in PK :P

Edited by Ambrosius

I'll have a totally random guess at this but I can not give you a good answer I suppose. :S

I think there's some sort of difference between the defensive and offensive stuff.

As in, my guess is: magic resistance will help protect you from aggressive special stuff, like for example the JSoC, if you get hit with it, you'll have a lesser chance of taking the special hit.

On the other hand, a special armor like MD Cuisses, is a defense on the other guy, it doesn't really hit you, it gets triggered as you hit them. So I have the idea that chance remains the same, no matter what magic resistance you got.

Of course, I have no idea how the actual system does work, I'm just stating what I think it's like, but it would be easier if teh god would give us a pointer on how it really works and helps. :P

So anyway, basicly my idea is, magic resistance helps vs aggresive specials like JSoC and OSoMN, but doesn't help vs defensive specials like SGoUD or SCoMD.

-Gohan

Makes sence...but also exactly proves my point...nobody knows...so how can you make an educated guess on what helps against what and how good an armour actually is / performs.

Let's just say that if you get around 30 resistence, you are immune to pretty much any special effect or summon effect (except for mana drain and stuff, but that protects against them).

Let's just say that if you get around 30 resistence, you are immune to pretty much any special effect or summon effect (except for mana drain and stuff, but that protects against them).

Will they be manuable again in the near future?

Well, just did some testing on the test server.

Sia had 30 magic resistance: full bronze set (so with helm and shield) + magic protection spell + warlock cloak = 30 magic resistance.

see #arm screen from Sia:

http://users.telenet.be/emrys/MR/bronzearmor2qn2.jpg

We got quite a few special hits...the best screens are posted below.

(screens of the special hits are taken by me)

A few mana burns from cutlass of the mage...heres one:

http://users.telenet.be/emrys/MR/30%20MR_01.JPG

Freeze plate hit a couple of times:

http://users.telenet.be/emrys/MR/30%20MR_02.JPG

Orcslayer of mana nulification hit 2x...heres one hit:

http://users.telenet.be/emrys/MR/30%20MR_03.JPG

And mana drain cuisses doing their best:

http://users.telenet.be/emrys/MR/30%20MR_04.JPG

The 30 magic restistance did seem to help to reduce the special hits...but immunity...not at all.

As soon as the magic protection spell ran out (so 22 magic resistance left) the armours and weapons seemed to hit like there was no magic resistance at all.

As on the main server most ppl wont get 30 magic resistance (COL and ti shield instead of bronze helm and shield) the most you can hope for is 23 magic resistance which doesnt help much against special hits from armors / weapons.

All in all we tested for 45 mins or so...not fighting all the time cuz of chat and filling up mana, getting stuff from store etc, etc.

Well, some hit more than others, I think the total immunity is around 48 or so, but others are immune to 24, and so on.

Try all those tests without the bronze armor.

oh well i can tell you that without the armor Mana draining with the cuisses 5 times within 15 seconds isnt hard. ask azayal he felt that 3 times ;D

Edited by Tempest