Eternal Lands Official Forums
guinevereanne

EL Olympics!

I just want people to know that I had to switch the timing for synchronized summoning and archery.

So summoning will take place at 2:00pm EST on sunday

Archery at 5:00pm EST

Is this midnight in central europe, could someone confirm?

If yes it's sadly too late for me :P

It depends,

for middle european countries like France, Germany, Poland, Czechia, Spain etc. it is 23:00/11 pm, for Great Britain it should be 10 pm if there is still summertime/daylight saving time there.

At midnight it's for countries like Greece, Finnland, Romania, part of Russia, Turkey .... and Southafrica.

That, if EST is meaning the current daylight saving (EDT) time there.

BTW: I would propose, to use UTC for setting dates, so everybody only need to know his current timezone in UTC+-x for easy calculating and avoiding issues with daylight saving time yes or no. But that's maybe only easyer for people used to UTC, idk.

Edited by RubenVincent

Well, so far the olympics seem to be a sucsess. Prizes have been given out, fun has been had and some very nice mods (ty maxine, aduard) have gotten to play ping pong with a few dead people.

I just want poeple to know that tomarrow synchronized summoning WILL be different then listed. It no longer needs 2 people. Just come do a summoning show. Stones are allowed.

Lets have fun people!!!!!! And thanks all for participating and donating!

Guin

Is this midnight in central europe, could someone confirm?

If yes it's sadly too late for me :)

Check here for the time in your location: 5PM EST

Thanks for the contests, Guin, it's been fun modding them and participating in them.

I just wanted to thank everyone for making the El Olympics such a sucess and so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really want to thank Aduard and Maxine for moding the events. And Cancowgirl for helping all teh time and giveing me lots of deer antlers! All of boc, and my freinds and of course all of EL!

I hope you will post what you liked and didn't, and what worked and didn't. Because I am obviously insane and while I won't admit it outloud I do hope to host a few more events. Definitly not so big and unweildy. But smaller and hopefully just as fun. Perhaps semi-monthly shroom of doom events.....

Thanks again and I hope you ALL had a good time!

guinevereanne- insane person

Thanks again Guinevereanne, you did a great job organizing and running this. It was fun to join in and fun to watch :)

Here are some screenshots from the archery event. Sorry, I didn't get any from the other events.

olympicsarchery1or3.th.png

olympicsarchery2sd2.th.png

olympicsarchery3my1.th.png

Edited by Aduard