Eternal Lands Official Forums
guinevereanne

EL Olympics!

Eternal Land Olympics!

In honor of the 28th Olympiad (I know you're following it too) I thought it might be fun to host our own Olympics

Events include:

-100m Harm

-Synchronized Summoning

-S2E Fencing

-Shroom of Doom

-Tele Hurdles

-Silver Medallion Relay

-Unarmed Karate

-Synchronized Magic

*more events may be added upon request, or if enough interest is shown*

Information and detail about each event may be found on the site given. Please either sign up here or there if you or your team is going to take part in an event. At this time most events are limited to 8-10 competitors. Competitors will be asked to show up at least 20 minutes before the events to ensure everyone is there and knows how the event will work. So stand-ins pelase be ready incase someone fails to show.

Here are the time tables (based upon Eastern Standard Time):

Saturday, August 23:

12:00pm (noon)- The 100m Harm.

2:00pm- S2E Fencing

3:30pm- The Shroom of Doom

4:30pm- Synchronized Magic

6:00pm- Silver Medallion Relay

Sunday, August 24th:

12:00pm (noon)- Tele Hurdles

2:00pm- Synchronized Summoning

3:30pm- Unarmed Karate

5:00pm- Archery

Location of Events

The location of events will be listed here as they are discovered. The locations will also be listed in the threads detailing the specific event.

*Locations are subject to change so please check back*

100m Harm- Egratia Point Arena (125, 84)

S2E Fencing- Egratia Point Arena (125, 84)

Shroom of Doom- White Stone, White Stone City (198, 648)

Synchronized Magic- Trassarian Fighting School (118, 183) *meet just inside the school*

Silver Medallion Relay- Desert Pines, Desert Tropics. (meet at 65, 33)

Tele Hurdles- Bethel. (meet at 131, 56)

Archery- Irsis

Unarmed Karate- Egratia Point Arena (125, 84)

Synchronized Summoning- SKF summoning Arena.

Prizes:

Gold (1st place) wins a sun medallion

Silver (2nd place) wins a unicorn medallion

Bronze (3rd place) wins a gold ring

At this time the prizes are token as I am supplying them by myself. However donations and volenteers are greatly welcome to make the games even more fun and to help them run more smoothly.

If you have any questions please do check the site listed first. Otherwise feel free to leave them here or contact me ingame.

Details of the events are listed on the other website.

Edited by guinevereanne

Just a question, in shroom eating and events similar, would a player's health with their attribute be considered unfair? An alt of a player could reset and join in and finish off 20 hp quite quickly.

Just a question, in shroom eating and events similar, would a player's health with their attribute be considered unfair? An alt of a player could reset and join in and finish off 20 hp quite quickly.

It would not be against the rules as lla players have different hea;th levels depending upon their level and pp spendature. However I would hope that no player does this as it is rather mean. And afetr all, the games are about fairness and FUN! Not winning or loosing.

Where are the harvesting events? ;)

If enough people are interested I'm sure we can come up with something. I just don't want to have alot of events with no or few participants!

The Hydro dash?

The Treeshroom hurdle?

Maybe even the plant dicathalon. first to harvest 20 or so of a to be specified flowers and tradewith a judge wins?

What do people think?

PRIZES:

*Update*

From the kind players of EL I bring you more prizes. (ie, more substantial then token prizes)

1 Body Peircing Cape

1 MM Cape

1 red scarf + 1 more= 2 red scarves

1 blue robe shirt

1 blue tricorn hat

1 life medallion

1 harvester medallion

4 steel chainmail + 5 more= 9 steel chainmail

13 titanium Long swords

70 training arrows

1 titanium short sword

5 steel sheilds + 14 more= 19 steel sheilds

85 manu pots

90 crafting pots

40 antidotes +35 more= 75 antidotes!

40 invisability pots

5 Augmented leather pants

4 iron helms

5 leather boots

2 books of iron sword of fire

1 Iron Broad of Fire

1 Enriched Life Ess

1 EFE

1 Serpant Stone + 1 more = 2 serpant stones

50 true sight potions

6 Extra mana pots

1 Powersaving cape

1 star medallion

1 moon medallion

10 rings of damage

2 steel long swords

20 a/d indicators

15 havrest/degrade indicators

5 Critical indicators.

1 black scarf

1 balck baggy pants

1 brown baggy pants

1 black and purple baggy pants

1 red and white stripped baggy pants

1 black and red strippy baggy pants

1 brown buccaner hat

1 black tricorn hat

Thanks so much guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And please keep the donations coming. I'd really love to make this an amzing event. *any prizes not given out during the olympics will be donated to the bag race and the diabetet's fundraiser!*

Edited by guinevereanne

So what is the terms for winning shroom of doom? I have held many quick dates of my demented and fun game "Toadie Roulette" where the last one alive wins. Is shroom of doom similar or is it only first person to die, which wouldn't make for an exciting event since someone could easily eat 5 or 10 shrooms to ensure they die first.

So what is the terms for winning shroom of doom? I have held many quick dates of my demented and fun game "Toadie Roulette" where the last one alive wins. Is shroom of doom similar or is it only first person to die, which wouldn't make for an exciting event since someone could easily eat 5 or 10 shrooms to ensure they die first.

Interesting. I had thought the first to die would win. But perhaps you are right, last to die wins.

It would certainly take care of anyone using an alt with low health points to win the contest.

Hmmm.....

Yes, I think you are right. *RULES CHANGE* Last one alive wins.

and btw all rules and guidelines are listed on the other site. Juct click the link in the first post to go there.

I will pm you the rules for how i run my little get togethers and a breakdown of how I run them etc. so you are more than welcome to take what you like from them and adapt your event to them...or not use them at all >.< And if it looks like I will be on around that time I would love to help out for that event.

im still down here like : wtf :P

So, what has you scratching your head? If I know what it is perhaps I can answer those questions before you scratch a large gouge out of your brain. (brain bits are all good and fine in pk, but not conversations)

chimeran_wolf, lets just see how things go before adding something as large and uncontrollable as a continental run. So far I only have vauge promises that people will try and participate if they are on when the event stars. So techniqually I don't have ANYONE taking part in ANY event.

So basically I would really hate to add even more events and waste my time when no one is taking part in any of the events I have already planned. *end mini rant*

Edited by guinevereanne

Im just wondering how the events will work (And I didint really take the time reading everything anyway so don't waste much time on me )

Im just wondering how the events will work (And I didint really take the time reading everything anyway so don't waste much time on me )

Okay, since poepleapparnetly don't want to look at the other site, which is all organized and nice I will post rules here. Not as nice. But still offical *well my official*. And, don't worry. you aren't the only one who doesn't look at the other site.

*Not in any order*

Tele Hurdles

There may be up to 10 players, and they will be timed on how long it takes them to complete the course.

Each player must provide their own tele ess, srs and may wear clothes and a CoM. They may not wear anything else. They may not use any magic potions.

A series of bags will be placed in a course (yes, bag spamming, sorry!). Each player will go 1 by 1 and must tele onto each bag. If they miss a bag they must tele onto it. They may not move in any way other than with tele to range.

The player with the lowest time will win.

Silver Medallion Relay

There may be up to 8 teams of three people. Each team will need to provide 2 skeleton keys. *thanks to a donation food will be provided*

There will be two hyper bags. Player 1 will be given the coords of a hyper bag with fire essense ing's. They must rush their on "GO", open the bag and make the fire essense.

Player 2 will have been given the coords for their hyper bag and they may also open it on the signal. The bag will contain silver ore and coal. When player 1 has finished making the fire essense they will rush to player 2 and trade them the fire essense.

At this point player 2 will make the silver bars. Once they have finished making the silver bars they must rush to player 3 (who will have been given coords from which to wait for player 2) and trade them the silver bars and fire essense.

Player 3 will hurry and make the 5 silver medallions. Once thsoe are finished they must rush to a person who will be announced before the race and trade them the 5 silver medallions.

Again, players must provide their own skelly keys. Nothing else may be in their inventory.

Synchronized Magic

This will work similar to synchronized summoning.

Two players will work in tandem to give a preformance. They may cast any spells, and do any movement . The idea is to give a synchronized preformance which is interesting and unique.

The players may wear clothes, crown of mana and a cape. They may not wear anything else. They must provide their own ess, srs and whatever else they need. *Tip: One participant may want to temporarily leave the guild if they are in the same guild so they may cast offenseive spells on one another.*

They may use up to 5 summons, but they do not have to. They may not use magic pots.

There will be 3 judges who will judge on three criteria; creativity, synchronization, and degree of difficulty. Each area will have up to 10 possible points. The scores from each judge will be added together and the highest score will determine who wins.

This will last from 45 seconds to a minute depending on what feed back I receive.

Archery

Each player will stand in a line, or around the edge of an arena (this will be determinded by the location).

They must each use a long bow, and must only use training arrows. They may wear clothing if they so choose, however no armor or medallions, capes or anything that may help them.

They must kill the rabbits summoned by a third party, using only the training arrows. Should they kill any rabbits with brute force that kill will be left out of their total kill number.

Because of the nature of this event it will reply heavily upon honesty. Each player will need to "reset" their counter before the competition begins. This can be done by clicking the graph button, the session tab and then the "reset" button. This will only reset your counter for that session, it will not change anything like the #reset command will.

Whomever kills the most rabbits will win. They will need to be honest and tell how many rabbits they killed, in pm to a third party.

Up to 10 players may compete in this event.

S2E Fencing

Very basically each player fights another to almost death (ie their health bar is very red) at which point they will disengage with a diss ring. Their will be 3 rounds of this, the player who caused the other player to almost die the most wins. Players may heal fully between rounds.

Each player may wear augmented leather pants and torso, leather boots, iron helm, and they must use an s2e sword (steel two edged sword). Neither player may wear any medallions, capes, sheilds or anything else not specifically listed above.

Each player must provide their own dis rings and essense and srs to heal between rounds.

They may not be aided by anyone watching. And each player must be prepared to accidentally die during the competition so they may want a team member near the underworld exit points with tele ess or rings.

There may be no more then 8 players (However that can be changed if needed)

The competition between individual players would work like this:

Player A-

_______Winner #1-

Player B-

Player C-_________Winner A-

_______Winner #2-

Player D-

Player E-__________________Gold

_______Winner #3-

Player F- _________Winner B-

Player G-

_______Winner #4-

Player H-

The two other players in the second round will compete against each other once again for bronze.

Synchronized Summoning

Two players working together must present a performance highlighting summoning.

They may use summoning stones, however the majority of what they summon must not be from stones. They may also use other spells and movement in their performance.

The teams will be judged on creativity, their syncronization, and there precision.

Their will be 3 judges. Each judge will judge on the three areas, giving a score from 1-10. The scores from each area and judge will be added together and the team with the highest score will win.

Players may wear whatever they want, and the event will take place in a summoning arena. However points will be docked if one player wears clothes and the other player does not. Players must provide their own ess and animal parts.

There may be up to 10 teams.

Unarmed Karate

Bascially two players fight to the death wearing nothing, and using nothing other than skill and brute strength. (okay, so maybe it should be something like unarmed kick boxing)

Neither player may wear anything, armor, medallions, sheilds and definately no weapons! Neither player may use any spells, nor may they be healed by anyone in the crowd.

Player A-

_______Winner #1-

Player B-

_______Winner #2-

Player D-

_______Winner #3-

Player G-

_______Winner #4-

Player H-

The two other players in the second round will compete against each other once again for bronze.

100M Harm

Very basically two players harm one another to death, the first player who dies looses.

Each player must provide their own srs and ess, and they must may not wear anything, including crowns of mana. (Hey! In ancient times they compeated naked, of course only men were allowed to compete or watch the games).

You may not use magic pots, and you may not cast magic immunity.

Player A-

_______Winner #1-

Player B-

_______Winner #2-

Player D-

_______Winner #3-

Player G-

_______Winner #4-

Player H-

Shroom of Doom

Each player may wear clothes, no armor or medallions or anything else. Death bags WILL be returned. You may wear fast regen cape as some people do have that perk *fast regen cape is white*

*RULES CHANGE* from the origional idea thanks to a suggestion.

Everyone, please start with low food points.

Each participate will be give a bag with shrooms and cotton. They can make cotton thread to loose food points *if they get full*.

On "go" everyone eats shrooms until they are poisoned. Once poisoned you stop eating and wait for it to wear off.

Once everyone's poison has worn off another "go" will be shouted and you repeat.

This will go on until one person is left. The last person alive wins GOLD. Secodn to last person wins silver, third to last person wins bronze.

Also, the very first person to die will win a prize!

10 players may participate

Edited by guinevereanne

ThERoGUERiderS TEam is taking part with the following members:

Demin1 (I am not sure about him. Hasn't contacted me since.)

Busterblader - Tele Hurdle, Silver Medallion Relay, Unarmed Karate, Archery

TheGreatLord - Tele Hurdle, Silver Medallion Relay, Shroom of Doom, Archery

SleepyJo - Tele Hurdle, Silver Medallion Relay, 100m Harm, Shroom of Doom, Unarmed Karate, Archery

Lorddead - Unarmed Karate, Shroom of Doom, Archery.

SJ

Edited by SleepyJo

Okay, even more great prizes have been added, and thanks so much guys!!!!!!!!

So far it looks liek we have 4 participates, which is rather a shame since they will probubly win most if not all of this great stuff! But hey, it will be great fun!

I know that someone is making some lovely new outfits for prizes!

In addition, I am looking for a moderator to help regulate the events, particularly the pk events. We don't really want everyone jumping into the fray. And it would be nice if a moderator could check peopels inventories before some of the events.

Thanks so much everyone! I look forward to hearing about new teams and contestants, and receiving new great prizes for the event!

Guinevereanne

Prize Categories:

Okay, how prizes will work is very simple. The winner of gold chooses there package first, then silver, then bronze. The prizes will be passed out as the competition goes along. Unfortuantly the last competition winners will ahev the least choice since they will be last. However there will be more prize sets then winner, so hopefully everyone will be happy.

Package 1: Claimed

1 blue robe top

1 black tricorn hat

35 training arrows

1 moon medallion

Package 2: Choosen by TuffNuff for winning hte 100m harm

1 bp cape

1 pruple and black baggy pants

1 steel sheild

1 steel chainmail

1 titanium long sword

1 iron helm

Package 3: Claimed

1 EFE

1 brown bucaneer hat

20 manu potions

5 poison antidotes

Package 4: thudercloud won first place s2e fencing.

1 life medallion

1 steel chainmail

1 iron helm

5 a/d indicators

1 titanium long sword

Package 5: Choosen by BusterBlader for winning the 100m harm

1 Iron broad sword of Fire!!!!

1 black scarf

Package 6: Aduard won for 3rd place in the tele hurdles

1 steel chainmail

1 augmented leather pants

1 iron helm

1 titanium long sword

15 invis pots

5 poison antidotes

10 true sight potions

Package 7: Choosen by sleepyjoe for second place for the 100m harm

1 black and red baggy pants

20 crafting pots

20 manu pots

5 invis pots

Package 8: Choosen by thegreatlord for the 3rd place prize in the 100m harm

1 red scarf

1 red and white baggy pants

10 harvest/degrade indicators

1 titanium long sword

1 steel chainmail

1 steel sheild

Package 9: claimed

20 potions of truesight

10 invis pots

5 poison antidotes

20 crafting potions

20 manu potions

Package 10: claimed

5 harvest/degrade indicators

1 harvester medallion

1 titanium long sword

Package 11: claimed

2 steel long swords

5 rings of damage

10 a/d indicators

1 leather boots

1 augmented leather pants

1 steel sheild

1 steel chainmail

1 iron helm

Package 12: claimed

1 mm cape

2 titanium long swords

1 steel chainmail

5 invis pots

Package 13: Claimed

1 powersaving cape

2 titanium long swords

5 invis pots

5 poison antidotes

5 critical indicators

Package 14: claimed

25 manu pots

20 crafting pots

1 iron sword of fire book

Package 15: claimed

1 serpant stone

1 enriched life essense

Package 16: claimed

1 black baggy pants

1 titanium short sword

2 steel sheilds

1 star medallion

Package 17: claimed

2 augmented leather pants

1 steel chainmail

3 steel sheilds

20 potions of true sight

2 titanium long swords

Package 18: claimed

50 feasting potions

30 crafting potions

1 titanium long sword

1 steel sheild

Package 19: tuffnuff claimed for 3rd place in s2e fencing

1 steel chainmail

1 titanium long sword

5 rings of damage

1 leather boots

10 truesight potions

Package 20: claimed

35 training arrows

1 red scarf

1 leather boots

5 poison antidotes

Package 21: claimed

5k gc

1o truesight potions

Package 22: claimed

6 potions of extra mana

1 steel chainmail

2 sheilds

1 titanium long sowrd

5 poison antidotes

1 leather boots

Package 23: claimed

1 brown baggy pants

10 poison antidotes

Package 24: claimed

2 steel sheilds

1 leather boots

20 potions of feasting

Package 25: claimed

1 blue tricorn hat

2kgc

2 steel sheilds

Package 26: claimed

1 Iron sword of fire book

1 serpant stone

Package 27: claimed

5 a/d indicators

1 red scarf

5kgc

Okay, these are the packages. Some of the items listed were not listed in the awards items post, thats because I just got them and didn't feel like editing alot more. And because I am human....err, elf, there may be soem mistakes. I make have listed items more then once by mistake, or forgotten to list them. (yes, I did a little check sheet). If they weren't listed by mistake I will know after the prizes have all been given out and will donate them to another event. If I made a listing mistake and you were supposed to receive a prize I no longer have. I am sorry, I will do my best to recompensate you. But no promises, so please do be patient with me.

Edited by guinevereanne

ThERoGUERiderS TEam is taking part with the following members:

Demin1 (I am not sure about him. Hasn't contacted me since.)

Busterblader - Tele Hurdle, Silver Medallion Relay, Unarmed Karate, Archery

TheGreatLord - Tele Hurdle, Silver Medallion Relay, Shroom of Doom, Archery

SleepyJo - Tele Hurdle, Silver Medallion Relay, 100m Harm, Shroom of Doom, Unarmed Karate, Archery

Lorddead - Unarmed Karate, Shroom of Doom, Archery.

Team updated.

One more member.

Edited by SleepyJo

Since I don't have the MM perk. Who is going to guard the athletes from the Cycs??

ty for bringing that up

Althletes may wear mm perk whereever they are in an area with creatures that may/can attack them. However I do ask that the cape be taken off before comabts, simply so it doesn't get broken.

In addition to address some other questions I have been asked:

You may wear a COM for the 100m harm and the tele hurdles

And a note of caution. There aer bj's out there. And while I HAVE said db's will be saved. I CANNOT absolutly make sure that a bjer won't jump on that bag. And I cannot afford to replace your stuff. So:

a) have a freind for the db

;) don't wear stuff you can't afford to loose

c) expensive but foolproof *unless its a certain special day* rosto

Also, some of the events MAY take palce at night, and leo is out there. Hopefully he will stay away from us as we are a group. But he is out there.

Due to the weight of prizes they will be given out at a storage. So please do not expect to receive your prize immedeatly!

And this brings me to my last note. So far it looks like we have maybe 4 contestents. No one else has signed up. This makes me very sad and a bit worried, and ahs defintily made my job alot harder.

I have narrowed the silver medallion relay down to 3 teams.

And while I hate to do this, it appears I have no choice (other then canceling the event, which would be a shame!), the event is open to whomever shows up. If you sign up here you are WILL absoltuly take part in the event. Otherwise it will be first come first serve. And READ the rules before the event. I do NOT want to explain them ten thousand times!

One last thing. The tele hurdle event. I am giving you a hint now. Basically to make it a little easier tomarrow. You will still tele onto bags. However the order of bags will be as follow:

beach, rock, trunk, ship, timber, timber pedistule, rock, beach

I look forward to the events, and sincerly hope that people do take part!

I think 5 Contestens is Enough.... ;)

I Really hope you don't Cancell it i have been waiting really long for this!!!

It would be sad seeing a Contest like this be Cancelld :whistle:

TGL

I sign up for archery and unarmed karate ... hopefuly for the first, cause it's not the best time for me to be steady on and hopeless for the second, cause I will get killed in one hit looking at the one half of combattants. .... lol