Sir_Exeus

PK poll

PK Poll  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Do you...

• PK often
    • Everyone now and then
    • Never (If selected explain why)

Just wondering who does and who doesnt and why those who dont....Dont :closedeyes: let me know (btw ent this aint a "omg pk is dead!!!!! F00k it's just a thinking thread)

In fact just explain your reason of vote. And if you vote "Never" don't bs teh makerz.

Edit- Needed to say more.

Edited by exeus101

(btw ent this aint a "omg pk is dead!!!!! F00k it's just a thinking thread)

Ok, but I will police this thread the Gestapo way, and delete any threads that allude to the fact that 'pk is dead', or 'there is no point in PKing', etc.

oh well, i used to pk and it was fun, but after that i resetted to get rid of anti perk, and then i had a quite a long break and now i guess i'm just too lazy to start again (read: get pps for attributes and a bit higher a/d lvls). and, i must say, lot's of things have changed in a meanwhile so sometimes, when it comes to fighting i feel like i just started playing yesterday, and i really dont have enough mental energy left to learn everything from the start :closedeyes:

((tried to avoid "pk is dead" phrase)) :pickaxe:

I voted every now and then.

I will say this though...

I have tried on many occasions to pick a fight with someone to get them to an arena with no luck at times (sending random #ig's daring someone to come fight).

Occasionally I get an accept.

When I go looking for people to fight with at arena's and PK maps I tend to find myself roaming aimlessly and killing a few ants/fluffy/cyclops along the way.

Also I have noticed that the activity in DP (yes BOTH arena's) was pretty dead also.

When, if PK picks up in EL then you can change my vote from every now and then to often.

PaulB

I PK(player Kill) very often, only when i can afford a rost, the Pk is becoming rare because the Rostogols are too damn expensive, lately i havn't even trained because, in the long run there is no point to training a character's a/d if you can't use it with Pk..so i've just been doing some Harvesting/alch. thats my opinion if everything was affordable Pk whould be alot more of an active skill..but hey, thats just my opinion. and PaulB has #ig'd us even so i know how hard it is to pk..

Edited by Shishio

I don't pk because:

a. I'm a weak n00b

b. I don't have enuf cash to buy lots of rosts (only 60k in sto :whistle: )

c. I scared of breaking stuff

d. I always loose ^_^

I have lost a total of 180kgc to pk already.... which kinda put me off :\

Manu ftw!

I don't pk because:

a. I'm a weak n00b

b. I don't have enuf cash to buy lots of rosts (only 60k in sto :icon13: )

d. I always loose ^_^

Just what I was thinking.

Except I chose every now though. Everyone tends to be stronger than me, but I have my ways :whistle:

How much as I'd like to say never, I guess I can't as at some points it becomes way too funny when you see someone talk on a channel about how they're owning in some arena/KF and you sneak in invisible and... p00f, byebye owning person. :whistle:

But other than that I've quit it mostly, due to annoyance of me not seeming to be able to PK at all anymore, that combined with the fact I have mostly been in PK alone, I don't tend to go with friends often. (Trust noone, esp not in PK :icon13: j/k friends)

And there would be 2 guilds you see most often in PK now, I'd guess GODZ, which is 1 person and you'll soon see at least one more and a zoo pop up as soon as you attack. Or just LIONs who won't even hide you'll just find them en mass anywhere if they're PKing.

I took on a mage build a month ago (even at OA 118 than, I needed pretty much most negs) and that also, next to me losing all possible PK skill and the "fight en mass" guilds make me far too weak for any PK at all. Mostly it's ICD + Gelly Bones that does my head in as I see an enormous damage coming in every other second. Which currently made PK for me mostly into a rosto-losing fest. :D

Currently, I'm planning a reset, due to changes to the Dragons and only me or Dugur needs to be able to harm and his harm is stronger in the first place. I'm probably going to take a bit of a special build, but hopefully I can keep my head out of trouble (taking negs) and make a nice negless trainer build. Which will mean no PK for a long time I guess, but perhaps at some point I'll have some PPs to spend and maybe I can, after LONG trainings, and a new "how to pk" training.. >.< PK again later. :D

-Gohan

EDIT: Also forgot, when I had my dragon armor and the like made (in order to finally compete, or so I thought) I found myself in KF and NC arena and noticing it was still a bunch of BS as it suddenly seemed every other guy had a cooling saber, mana nullificating orc slayer, ubber def greaves, LD shield and the like. Even after spending a bunch of money to get nice armor I found myself trashed in seconds, so that too was kind of on the discouraging side.

Edited by Gohan

I prefer training, but sometimes a very restricted group of people just like to have me take a brake from training and spend some essences hunting.

Yesterday was a nice day to do it, before a forced slow down on my EL time.

Honestly, if you want to use a rosto (no need if you can fight in leather) making 5kgc, even if you don't have an alt, it's quite fast and painless.

PS: Oh yeah, I play on the PK Server. Maybe you should try it sometime as it is quite easy to find people to PK if you enjoy it. :whistle:

I will be in PK ~2-5 hours a day as soon as i get back to my former a/d and a PK instead of training build, no i will not have all that fancy dragon armor[unless im buying selling :icon13:] i will use full tit or tit/steel combo as always with cutty/os/js combo like how everyone used to PK :D atm, i dont even step into PK. and mine/omg/korrs australian timezones arent that good for PK either, we have to PK around 12pm-3am to find anyone in PK and usually is someone in PK @ 5:30 am :whistle: But yea, hope to see you all soon^^

-Secret

I tried PKing a bit, but somehow it isn't my thing. It takes lots of waaaaaiiitiiing, and I prefer harvesting over that.

Yea, I'm a boring wuss. :whistle:

I chose never.

I don't PK because:

1. It's not nice to kill other people and take their stuff... :whistle:

2. My p/c is too low - I rather spend my ppt on other things.

3. I can't afford losing my expensive items (an iron set and a COL are my best items).

4. I can't take the chance of breaking my expensive items.

5. PK was never my goal when I started playing this game.

Other, minor reasons:

6. Even if I will be able to overpower some players, there will always be someone stronger who can kill me...

7. The "good" PK maps have high level monsters which I can't handle.

8. Training on monsters will probably give better exp and drops than PKing, so it's not time-effective.

9. I simply don't care about PKing.

Grow some balls.

We're talking about some fucking pixels ffs. Stop crying and go PK.

It's only a few pixels that you're "killing", so why make such a big thing of someone who doesn't do it?

I don't PK because there are a few idiots who think they are "pr0" for killing players who have very low levels compared to themselves. It just puts me right off (can't speak for other players)

My how a +/- 15CL PK map would invalidate the reasons many have stated as why they don't PK.

Voted Never.

I will PK again when i'm happy that it is more 'fun' than it is 'work', either through changes to my own character, or more preferably, changes to the game.

You can seriously start PKing after lvl 40, go dpa and pk, and as you go higher, NC arena, pk maps, WS arena will be waiting for you ^^

I don't pk because:

a. I'm a weak n00b

b. I don't have enuf cash to buy lots of rosts (only 60k in sto :icon13: )

d. I always loose ^_^

I have lost a total of 180kgc to pk already.... which kinda put me off :\

Manu ftw!

a) go DPA

b)60k = 3 rosts, enough for lots of pking as long as you know how to diss-tele on time

c)get nmt perk

d)get strategies

:whistle:

Grow some balls.

We're talking about some fucking pixels ffs. Stop crying and go PK.

It's only a few pixels that you're "killing", so why make such a big thing of someone who doesn't do it?

I don't PK because there are a few idiots who think they are "pr0" for killing players who have very low levels compared to themselves. It just puts me right off (can't speak for other players)

Sshhht, don't talk to the pr0 who shares accounts with teh top 10 strenght chars and PKs anyone on sight. :whistle:

It r teh dangerous for ur hp in TD k. :icon13:

-Gohan

P.S.: Oops, slipped my tongue, but it just had to get out. =)

I pk every evening, from when I finished my diner, untill I go to my little bed.

I'd say I pk about 6 hours every single day, and still loving it.

Sometimes I can't sleep all night, cause of all the fantastic fights I had.

I pk every evening, from when I finished my diner, untill I go to my little bed.

I'd say I pk about 6 hours every single day, and still loving it.

Sometimes I can't sleep all night, cause of all the fantastic fights I had.

:P

I chose never, the second I enter a pk place I get jumped by people being three times stronger than me

using alot better gear. GG ?

Edited by HeLLRaiZeR

I have a pile of alt characters so as to play EL in different ways. Mugwump is my main man on the main server and he is more of a manu and craft type, but may do some naked punch festing for fun.

Piggy is my main PK Server char and is a lousy PK'er but never carries valuable stuff so I don't mind dying.

I have Komiyan on main who is based on a web comic character and fights for the evil god Mephistopheles, but is pretty lazy... still training.

Other alts on PK server are for harvesting, potioning, etc. and then there's Hawg who can't even master speech. He is training to be my mighty goon of destruction, if only he would stay out of the tailoring shop...

No reason not to PK, it's all for fun. No reason not to try everything EL has to offer! Start some alts, join the PK server where you can have more than one alt online at a time! No cooldown, too.

The only complaint we have on the PK server is not yet enough players to compete in challenges and contests or just to chase around... of course I don't mind, I always end up as pork chops! :P

Never. I never PK...(I killed a Hamster once tho..and am still sorry for it..just wanted to put the poor bugger out of his missery, but he kept coming back..^^)

Why don't I PK? I don't believe in killing people..

And I see the players here as real people..(yes, I know..they are pixels..but there IS an actual human being behind it..^^)

I can imagine that some see it differently and the reason they like to PK others.

I enjoy (well..enjoy..?) going into the confrontation with Mother Nature, and fight against the poison of Toads..I even have fun with Ogres going down on me every once in a while..^^

Is that hypocrite, me saying i dont like to kill people? Perhaps..Still..I do not like to kill bunnies and puinguins and such, as they are so huggable..and when I do, I whisper a ' sorry'. For most every roadkill I see, i say a little prayer.

Am I taking it all too serious? perhaps..but it gives me much pleasure and satisfaction in doing so, and I wont change my ways, it has makde me who I am here, and some respect that, and some dont, and like to make fun of me.

So be it, at least i bring a smile on peoples faces, rather then freak them out when they get killed and dont get their items returned..

Enjoy the choices everyone makes!

(and no, NO sarcasme hiden in that)

JezeBelle

Edited by Jezebelle