Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LilBear

Additional Clothes

Ok, there's been a lot of joking how we need high heels and leopard skin bikinis in the game, but I thought I'd make a more serious suggestion. I'm really not much of an artist, but I tried to at least put some effort into it to show that I'm serious.

First, I'd like to suggest using the already existing uni-colored pants and adding more colors, specifically red, white, and green (and no, not in the same pair of pants!). A lot of people have asked about red and green in specific. The formulas would be the same as the existing ones, just with a different colored fabric.

pants.jpg

Then, I'd love to see a yellow tunic with vest, and a sort of peach colored tunic. The peach one could either use orange and white fabric, or yellow and red (the lavender tunic already uses two colors, so the code seems to exist).

yellowtunic.jpgpeach.jpg

Finally, I know, I know, the picture looks really funny, but I really tried my best and this is as good as I can get it -- but a lot of guys have asked about kilts. Of course it would present the additional problem of having to change the legs to look like skin (and in the case of the guys, probably hairy too), but it might be possible because already when you put on a pair of pants the top of your boots change. In this case, the command would have to change the color of your legs to another color.

kilt.jpg

Please take these suggestions seriously, even if the pictures look funny. There was also a previous request for snake skin boots that seemed to find some followers. http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...&hl=clothes

Additional (serious) suggestions would be welcomed here.

lilcnoot

Awesome ideas :(

I think that other solid colored baggy pants are definitely needed - people ask me about those all the time.

The stripes are cool, but at times they can just look a bit funny :closedeyes: it would certainly be great to have white, red and other such colors to change the shade of the pants :)

I'd wear white ones for sure, even though my base pants are already white, I love the look of the boots.

The yellow/black tunic/shirt and peach tunic look great too. Especially the peach would be nice if it used some of that darned orange fabric :pickaxe:

A little addition to your suggestion; boots. I've heard loads of people mention they wish they could change the color of their boots to match whatever outfit they have on. I'm lucky enough to have chosen black for my boots, so it works with all sorts of stuff, but lots of other people have different colors and it stinks when the look of your outfit is ruined due to boot color. Yes there are armors and leathers and fur boots and such, but I find most of those look a bit odd with the baggy pants. So, boots in different shades would certainly be nice.

All these clothes are awesome, and really add some great diversity to the game, we have people in robes and tunics rather than mixers and harvesters running around in armor. Some new clothing ideas like these would add to the greatness even more :pickaxe:

Edited by Enly

Nice ideas but what about a vest or a sleeveless shirt?

yeh cool then we can add beer cans, trailer parks and unemployment benefits.

variety of colours for existing clothes would be great though.

Nice ideas but what about a vest or a sleeveless shirt?

yeh cool then we can add beer cans, trailer parks and unemployment benefits.

What you thought that my idea was that bad? i was just thinking like a tunic/shirt type of thing but only the shirt is ur actual shirt that you made your char with.

I think we already have more than enough clothes in the game. And people rarely wear them anyway, usually just shortly after a new set of clothes becomes makable.

And people rarely wear them anyway, usually just shortly after a new set of clothes becomes makable.

I hardly think that is true. I always wear some tailored clothes, unless I'm running around dangerous places or fighting, and I know many other that do the same :icon13:

Almost every storage I visit has a tailorable being worn, and almost every popular harvesting spot has the same, people wear them all the time, and people wish there were more.

There are a lot now though, with which I am perfectly satisfied, but more couldn't hurt :whistle:

And people rarely wear them anyway, usually just shortly after a new set of clothes becomes makable.

I hardly think that is true. I always wear some tailored clothes, unless I'm running around dangerous places or fighting, and I know many other that do the same :icon13:

Almost every storage I visit has a tailorable being worn, and almost every popular harvesting spot has the same, people wear them all the time, and people wish there were more.

There are a lot now though, with which I am perfectly satisfied, but more couldn't hurt :whistle:

I second that. I think that my black robe and skirt are permanently bound to my character :D

same here.. if im not going to fight i always wear my precious tailoring clothes. cant ever have enough of those :whistle:

I don't use tailoring clothes yet as I've decided I want to make them myself and it's a long way to go, but I'd definitely like a few more items (if they don't require too much work and I think just adding a few more color variables to existing items shouldn't). I definitely like Lilbears suggestions, especially solid color baggy pants, as the existing striped ones look a bit like pajamas to me :P

And from what I saw tailored items are widely used, I was on IP during recent invasion and it was a real fashion show :)

I think clothes would be even more widely used if they had an attribute other than looking cool. For example, if they gave some minimal cold protection, or some minimal radon protection. I'm really not talking about a whole lot, but let's say you harvest and are hit with 30 radon, maybe they could reduce it to 25? Or, alternatively, if their break rate was changed so that a lil bunny rabbit can't break them, that might encourage more people too. I'm not asking for all of these changes, in fact I'm not really asking for any of them. They are just possibilities if you, Entropy, would like to encourage people to wear the clothes (existing or future) more.

lilcnoot

I love the idea of having a peach colored tunic makeable with orange and white cloth. Considering the amount of orange cloth I have, I would try making it even at horrible fail rate :P I like the solid pants suggestions too. Kilts seem a little too hard.

And I love the way people dress up for parties these days. I still see a lot of people wearing favorite outfits, or even a large variety of clothes. Considering the cost a full outfit, they probably even increased the use of rostos :) I think it has made the game look even nicer.

Would it be possible to get black fur boots? That would solve the color coordination issue on the footwear and maybe use some unused furs (black panther). Just a thought.

Maxine

"Baby needs some (pretty) shoes"

-JRD speaking of herself

"Pretty in pink", "Pink-it's the new black", "Think pink"

-suggestion of pink dye being implemented while Radu was scoping JRD's Red Snap Charity Bush in PV to REMOVE it. Pink dye is the least he could do.........

The only reason I don't wear my clothes more often is because I am in C2 most of the time and I am always AFK and Lenny likes to gnaw on me. Not to mention no strappy shoes to wear...

;)

I think clothes would be even more widely used if they had an attribute other than looking cool. lilcnoot

One idea could be to give certain clothes the same perks as non-drop cape's

ie: Tunic's act as harv capes, tunic/shirts act as powersaving capes etc

You wouldnt be able to wear a harv cape and a harv tunic, but imo being able to wear a harv cape and a fast regen tunic for example would make the clothes more widely used, and shouldnt impact to greatly on the games dynamics

You wouldnt be able to wear a harv cape and a harv tunic, but imo being able to wear a harv cape and a fast regen tunic for example would make the clothes more widely used, and shouldnt impact to greatly on the games dynamics

I like your idea, aside from the fact that it would prohibit certain combinations of clothes ;)

Would be better if the second harv item had no change to your harvesting, rather than NOT being able to wear it.

While on that subject, in the spirit of clothes and looking good, perk capes should be wearable even if you already have the perk (just, no bonus perk) it's annoying not being able to wear all the colors.

-edit-

Spelling >.<

Edited by Enly

...people rarely wear them anyway, usually just shortly after a new set of clothes becomes makable.

Possibly spending too much time hanging at areas fighters tend to hang out at? They don't wear 'em for some reason. :)

Sitting at places where alchers and harvers are at, I see a large variety of clothes on people (myself included). Anytime I'm not fighting, I'm wearing 'em. Posts above indicate the same of others.

As a purchaser (who has a very long way to go before even considering making them), I see the issues as:

(1) Lack of pants options - Black, brown, or clown stripes. Some more plain colors as suggested above that actually match all the tunics and shirts and such that have been introduced would be most welcome. The stripes just don't work well.

(2) Complete lack of footwear to go with all the varieties of other items. (Suggested Snake Skin Boots already which would add 3 options at least.)

(3) Nothing uses orange. (That's the future tailor in me speaking, heh.)

Also agree that reducing breakage potential (say on critters with lower a/d than you) might also go a way into adding to the desire to wear them. If a little bunny can rip your clothes to shreds as has been implied above, I don't wanna meet that bunny.

...people rarely wear them anyway, usually just shortly after a new set of clothes becomes makable.

Possibly spending too much time hanging at areas fighters tend to hang out at? They don't wear 'em for some reason. :o

Actually, as you know, one of my jobs is to deliver the bricks and other stuff from the store, which takes me to the most diverse places in the game, from mines to storages and to PK areas. And even at storages, maybe 5% of the people (that is, 1 in 20) wears fancy clothes.

I can, of course, give them some cold/heat protection, but I doubt that more people will wear them because of that.

Actually, as you know, one of my jobs is to deliver the bricks and other stuff from the store, which takes me to the most diverse places in the game, from mines to storages and to PK areas. And even at storages, maybe 5% of the people (that is, 1 in 20) wears fancy clothes.

Heh, yeah, was just my bad attempt at humor. :o

I can, of course, give them some cold/heat protection, but I doubt that more people will wear them because of that.

I think what people fear more is breakage. If walking around and a snake/rabbit/other such tiny critter is in my path (or one comes close when harving or at an outside sto or whatnot), I'll stop and give it a kick for extra skin/bones/meat. Quite common occurance, I know I see others do this as well.

I find myself not wanting to do that dressed though for fear that some tiny little rabbit is gonna kill expensive clothes.

Those who do that regularly are gonna find it simpler just to not wear them at all. That's the non-fighter crowd. With the fighter crowd having their own stuff to wear, that leaves only the few, the proud, the extremely vain. Wait, I'm in there... doh. :pickaxe:

Agree about the cold/heat protection not going to aid. I wear 'em in glac/Irin mining diamonds/turq/etc. all the time when there. Worst case with leather boots (or the fur pants work "good enough" style-wise with one of my tunics, heh).

Added: Of course such items being more easily destroyed than armor and such is obviously correct. Just thinking less chance of breakage on critters that are much lower level than you (1-2 hit kill types) shouldn't have much opportunity to have time to completely destroy clothes at all. At any rate, that's my theory on why there's not more usage of them. Harving/Mixing can't hurt 'em, so...

Edited by GoodDay2Die

I realize this probably won't be a popular opinion, but if clothes provide no value and are for looks only, the way to get people to wear them is to make them non-breakable (or have the lowest possible percentage chance) and not dropped when you die. Then your non-fighters would be free to wear them without fear of loosing their investment due to some unforeseen event (like a GIWS invasion).

Personally, even some limited heat/cold protection wouldn't be enough for me to wear a 50K+ outfit without a rost. I lost one rost that way, and I'm not real inclined to risk another rost just to look good while I wait in line at the Portland outhouse. :o

If i dont have armor and my sword on I have my clothes on, not that I run around EL naked or anything.

But because clothes arn't that cheap then maybe that discourages some people from buying them.

Edited by time4u2die