Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Galahadh

Player houses.

A little bird told me that they would be costing ALOT of money so that the "l337" players were somehow glorified for their playing longer than others. From what the person said only about two people in the game could afford the MINIMUM price. I just thought the ratio to the homeless/people with homes was different. It would seem odd to have two people with homes and then 200 bums.

</rant>

would a minimum price happen to be 5k plats? Hopefully.. :) Probably more though so poo on u! and im sure there will be a lot more rich ppl in the future

hmm...wonder if houses can shared that way a clan could cough of 50k plats and buy a spiffy new mansion

:twisted: I hope that the houses cost over 25k platinum, because I have been working hard to earn that kinda money. I mean i dont have 25k plat yet, so if the player houses cost that much it gives me something to work for. :twisted:

Houses should only be for rich people. Otherwise there would be extrememe server lag because of the 38 islands of just houses. Not to mention looking for you r house would be a bitch

Igame houses. lol.

good ideas all. BUT i have an idea

since alot of houses would LAG us up so bad i propose this.

have say a dock near a populated location... i propose make a dock in north wsc.. that would be very nice and have a boat waiting there.

its banner would be a pic of a house and it would check your username for a house. if you didtn have one it would give you option of buying one or asking another person for permission to enter thier house.(guilds anyone)

now the only options left are customizability and pricing.

on the custom..

you will design your own 16x16 map to be your maximum acreage of land

and will hand make your own map.(yes heightmapping and all.((MUST comply to all pre-map making rules)) and submit to select group of people.

OR

if you are an idiot. (a rich idiot i might add lol) you could buy a prefab house. there would be say a few classes(harvester,fighter,mage/summoner,town((town would be for say pots and guys who need a bit of all)).)

once again 16x16.

there would of course be a house with a chest(storage) in it. but whats most important is the area around it. fighter would have alot of npcs..

harv would have flowers.. cactus.. metals. mage/summoner would have only the lower animals used for summoning on the mage part.. would have a shop...(sorry thats all thats there really:P)

now pricing.

it would have to be HIGH as mess to limit pop number of houses.

i dont mean say 200k. no no no much higher. b/c think about it i could work up 200k in what say 2 days at most?(harv silver)

id say about 1 mil for pre fab and 1 mil- 20k for custom.

now i know what youre saying..

REBOOT YOUR F***ING CRAZY THATS TOO MUCH!!

1st of all im not crazy.

2nd

when you think about it it would be what a LONG and i mean LONG week of work to buy a house.(at 200k every 1.5 days)

b/c i mean think about it the tit sword is higher than this.(base cost)

anyway thats my thoughts. cya

The problem is, out engine doesn't support custom made houses and such, and it is unlikely that I will add this, because, well, it's a LOT of work.

There will be a new island, maybe 2 (more in the p2p version) with houses, maybe around 200 houses in the free version. And yes, a house will be at least 10K plat, some really big and nice houses will cost maybe 60K. We want to motivate people to get their own house.

Yeah, but wait till you see the lawyer fees THAT requires!