Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LabRat

Bot hosting offered

Hi all

I continue to offer my services as a tradebot host.

My fee is 50k gc/$10 per month or 500k gc/$100 per year.

I currently host 18 bots and my server information is as follows:

Operating system Ubuntu Linux 7.04 server

Time on system Tue Aug 12 14:50:23 2008

System uptime 62 days, 4 hours, 22 minutes

CPU load averages 0.14 (1 min) 0.23 (5 mins) 0.29 (15 mins)

Real memory 1.97 GB total, 518.58 MB used

Virtual memory 1.95 GB total, 2.18 MB used

For full system specs please visit http://www.ovh.co.uk/business/products/dedicated.xml - mine is the Start 100M large ++

For this fee I will provide the hosting on a dedicated server located in a data centre of a very reputable ISP (OVH, feel free to google them), full tech support, a "no question too small" policy, a continuously evolving codebase, full daily backups of the database, a completely customisable web frontend for administration supporting multiple administrative users, a public web page that can be tailored to your individual requirements, the ability to change any message the bot sends, custom commands (you can add new commands that users can type in - for example Agneum's "jointc" command)

Per player/per guild bans or preferential rates

Automatic blocking ("bots should not talk to other bots") to prevent potential bot lockups and potential bot locks, with Rraisa being the only exception should you decide to use that feature.

As my server is also used as the official EL mirror for both client downloads and the players/bots online page the bot has the potential capabilities such as alerting when a player comes online or goes offline with a granularity of 30 seconds without the need to add the player as a buddy, and also keeps track of the last date and time any player (including brand new players) was ingame, how long the player or bot has been ingame in total etc.

Any features currently not offered in the source can be coded by me and added to the existing codebase at no extra cost.

If (and this is an event that has not happened since I have been running and developing the codebase) your bot is exploited due to coding bugs I will replace the items or give gc as replacement to the value of the loss (this does not include pricing errors made by anyone with bot admin access or exploits due to the bot being logged on manually).

I know that there are "free" bot hosting services offered ("Donations are gratefully accepted, and will help keep this service running."). Please note that the codebases of DogBreath and myself differ immensely (he last had a snapshot of my codebase mid December 2007, since then my code has undergone almost daily changes).

-------------------------------

I also offer the service of hosting your own bot code (subject to code review by myself) should you wish to run a custom bot for the same fee.

If you are interested in a stable service from a player with a proven track record and a world class dedicated server hosted at a state of the art data centre and a ping of atround 5 milliseconds to the EL server

ping game.eternal-lands.com
PING game.eternal-lands.com (62.93.225.47) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from game.eternal-lands.com (62.93.225.47): icmp_seq=1 ttl=59 time=5.14 ms
64 bytes from game.eternal-lands.com (62.93.225.47): icmp_seq=2 ttl=59 time=4.40 ms
64 bytes from game.eternal-lands.com (62.93.225.47): icmp_seq=3 ttl=59 time=5.20 ms
64 bytes from game.eternal-lands.com (62.93.225.47): icmp_seq=4 ttl=59 time=5.26 ms
64 bytes from game.eternal-lands.com (62.93.225.47): icmp_seq=5 ttl=59 time=5.12 ms

--- game.eternal-lands.com ping statistics ---
5 packets transmitted, 5 received, 0% packet loss, time 4003ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 4.409/5.029/5.266/0.317 ms

then please feel free to contact me either ingame or by forum PM anytime.