Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DogBreath

Free bot hosting service

Hi all,

In the spirt of the game (community supported/free) we're now offering free bot hosting service to whomever wants it. We have simple rules to follow (we won't put up with BS.)

Here's the URL if you're interested:

http://forum.embril.net

The code is an enhanced version of artem's bot code, with many fixes/enhancements.

Read the forums, register if you want to :brooding:

The public page for the bots currently hosted is:

http://dogpound.embril.net/

backup is:

http://dogpound.dragoncairn.net/

You must follow all game rules concerning bots before even considering this service.

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13063

Which means: you have to have a paid bot before you need anyone to host it for you...

Also, the code is available on request for those who want to host themselves.

For more information, see the URLs listed above.

Edited by DogBreath

If anyone has used this i would be interested in finding out how sercure this free service is. pm me in game or send a forum pm.

Edit: im a code noob, but bots rock for selling stuff

thanks

omg

Edited by ohmygod

Dog i try to contact you when you are on, i m interested in the code and hosting

ingame name tutanchamon

Edited by nevermind

The code is an enhanced version of artem's bot code, with many fixes/enhancements.

Hey all, i'm a user of this service with the bot Iluna, and to call this enhanced is an underexaggeration by any count. There have been huge changes and fixes to the code, with plenty more in the work, some completely unique among bots AFAIK. The uptime is exceptional, i can't remember any crashes or downtime (except when i took her offline myself) in the entire time Iluna has been on the test server or main server.

I know that there are "pay" hosting services offered ("$100 per year, 5 times as much as you pay entropy.") Please note that the codebases of Labrat and this service differ immensely, our service has had major updates since artem made it.

I don't use the hosting service because I prefer to host myself but I am using the same code and I have to tell you it is the best I've found. It is extremely stable, has many useful features and is easily configurable. As I say I can't speak for the hosting but from what I have heard from people using it it is extremely reliable and secure.

Hey all,

I was the first ( or was it 2nd? no idea) user of this service and now my bot (anubis) has been online for a bit less than 2 months. To give you some figures, in this 2 months I've had 3 updates/bug fixes, he has been online 24/24, 7/7, didn't have any trouble with putting in the prices because of the nice webpages these guys provided :) This can all sound a bit lyric and so but I didn't find a bad point so far in this code, sorry for that :closedeyes:

It's nice that it's free and even nicer that it works so well :pickaxe:

Tyvm dog, draav, kirrck and other members of the team for this service =)

Greetz

Pater<== goes on with looking for bugs :hug:

i cant seem to acces the website.... when i click on the link, it goes to ask.com saying it isnt a real site. Anyone know whats going on here? or how i could fix it....

Not sure why the sites aren't working for you, checking into it (everyone else seems to be able to reach them.)

Edited by DogBreath

everything is fine now. it actually has been since the day i posted last :whistle: but i never got around to doing it. But i love the service that you guys provide, ill use you again in the future :P

I just wanted to thank everyone for the great response to the service so far. We reached a milestone of 20 bots today.

The input from the community has been great and has helped us improve the usability of the service.

:) Thumbs up from me too! Three bots up in just over 24 hours, with different admins etc on them. Excellent support for a n00b bot owner! :P

I'm still uber impressed by the service you guys provide.

Not only hosting a bot for free but those features your bots have are marvellous.

I thought it's just only a bot, but it is so advanced, that you barely need to anything with him.

And I'm sure I still don't know all of their abilities... ! New ideas are born and implemented, making them even better!

I'll try to convince my friends, to make out guild storage bot run on your code. And I'm sure, that will be easy.

I just wanted to thank everyone for the great support of the hosting service. We've reached a new milestone of 40 bots (31 trade bots and 9 storage bots.)

The community has been awesome in pointing out places to improve and assuring we can make this the best service possible.

Thanks again everyone :P