Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tempest

Useless items

Sun medallion is good if you want to even out a/d exp for an arena char. And don't say no it isn't cause i've done it :D. I think they have to come up with uses for black panther furs and beehives first though.

better use moon med in that case : it gives +4 armor...

Read again -_- if you have the armor too it doesn't even it out just gives more def exp.

I have titanium plate of freezing. Sometime's its working really good but someothers its buggy.

Just to add some uselless items.

3)All swords except from Orc Slayer, JS and Cutlass. (Rapier, eagle wing etc).

Can we talk about uselless spells too? ;)

Just to add there, I heard Sunbreaker is on the rather effective side vs Phantom Warriors. (Never tested personally, but I guess it's a nice use.)

Rapier also has nice uses as I've seen it used on some occasions and had to think to myself "damn, that's a pro idea to use it like that".

Can't speak for the Eagle Wing, not a very used weapon and I don't have one/use one myself either.

Everything has a use, you just need to find it I guess. :)

As for useless spells, taking a look at which spells are all available and thinking about all of them, the only possible spells I can think of right away are the protection shields. (heat/cold/radiation)

Other than that, every spells can have a pretty good use.

-Gohan

As for useless spells, taking a look at which spells are all available and thinking about all of them, the only possible spells I can think of right away are the protection shields. (heat/cold/radiation)

Other than that, every spells can have a pretty good use.

-Gohan

I saw an EL video where someone used heat and cold protection spells to reduce therm serp damage. My impression would be that its not worth so much mana in pk to get that small advantage, but i dont know, i dont pk, so...

The radiation shield is definitely useless though imo. When i started harvesting hydro and discovered the radiation damage at the ore, i decided to try the radiation shield spell one time. It only reduced 7 damage to 4, and didn't last long enough for me to harvest all my ores. I only tried to test the spell to see if it could be an alternative to carrying HE, which it isnt, so it just wastes an inventory slot that could be used for another s2e.

Sun medallion is good if you want to even out a/d exp for an arena char. And don't say no it isn't cause i've done it :P. I think they have to come up with uses for black panther furs and beehives first though.

better use moon med in that case : it gives +4 armor...

Read again -_- if you have the armor too it doesn't even it out just gives more def exp.

lol

armor doesn't help u dodge hits.

thanks korrode ^. bigshock28, maybe you should first know what the difference is with +armor and +defense bonus before you speak :)

~TK.

Anyway, I increased the duration of the cold, heat and radiation shield signficantly (more than doubled). Hope they will be more used now.

Anyway, I increased the duration of the cold, heat and radiation shield signficantly (more than doubled). Hope they will be more used now.

yeah i was using bboth heat and cold spell shield, but damn they eat soo much mana.. both spells = 52 mana total (27+25) = 2x restores, i wonder if u better just spare that mana for restore... need to calculate how much damage u would absorb with 52 mana by using cold/heat protection spells and compare it to 2x ur restore, if 2x restore > damage absorbed by heat + cold shield then its kinda useless... ^^

Nice changes are made.

I wonder if it would be possible to make more quickslots for spells. I just can't in the heat of battle press the right sigils. :pickaxe:

Besides pk, now, every time I want to Intercontinal Teleport, I have to look in ency for the sigils. :closedeyes:

Nice changes are made.

I wonder if it would be possible to make more quickslots for spells. I just can't in the heat of battle press the right sigils. :pickaxe:

Besides pk, now, every time I want to Intercontinal Teleport, I have to look in ency for the sigils. :closedeyes:

Very good point, 2 or 4 more quick slots would be nice as the game gets more complicated. the magic signal box is a bit awkward to use as your getting your but kicked for 40-50 hp's per hit lol. Though very nice client update that now allows us to move those quick spells up/down in the quick slots.

how about all the useless swords? iron broad sword of ice, iron sword of fire? cool with ourfits but kinda useless 9alot) in pk :whistle:

Those are supposed to be cheaper alternatives to the best swords (S2E of Ice and whatnot), they may not be practical these days but they're designed to be used strategically (depending on your opponents armour, e.g. if they have iron plate you can hit them with cold damage).

ok, I bring up the sun med here in this thread, as it has all the advantage of a moon med, but with out the +4 armor.

perhaps the sun med could have and a + 4 perception (as the sun gives light, more light better perception)

Give them worse stats, pull the accuracy off the moon med.

Then you'll have 1 med for each armor, accuracy, defense and damage.

Perfect logic, no?

Give them worse stats, pull the accuracy off the moon med.

Then you'll have 1 med for each armor, accuracy, defense and damage.

Perfect logic, no?

Not helping...

not my problem if you cant cope with having to actually think about which med to use based on who/what your fighting and your own stats.

korrode you exactly know that without the accuracy moon med is perfect for training lol.

just keep it as it is? :icon13:

No.

for me before my recent #reset for eg. the accuracy made no difference at all.

a med that just gives 4 armor would not be over-powered for training.

You incorrectly believe that less hits = more exp p/h but i 100% know that best exp per hour is getting in most hits but doing minimum damage. less hits only good for multi train.

EDIT:

i dont wanna start some argument or debate about training.

point is, the moon med's stats are a bug that was never fixed (according to learner), and it makes most logical sense to have 1 med for each thing, it would make them all useful in one way or another, unlike now where we have one useless med and one, imo, over-powered one.

Edited by Korrode

Acually, I tend to take the viewpoint that if the medallion's stats increase, its value would also increase. Just thought I would put my two cents in on that.

Acually, I tend to take the viewpoint that if the medallion's stats increase, its value would also increase. Just thought I would put my two cents in on that.

Afaik stats have nothing to do with value.

Afaik stats have nothing to do with value.

Mango is right. Even if stats would rise the nobody would pay more that is paying now.

If stats happened to increase and there was a higher demand for them, supply would follow and more would be produced. Not to mention the ingreds would be kept the same, and prices will have no incentive to increase.

Then change the ingreds for med and make them need more stuff (i.e) maybe polished stones and such so price is increased and more + stats can be put on them. Im just making a suggestion :whistle:

Edited by acopuff