Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tempest

Useless items

hey. im suggesting to give useless items a use again. the game changed a lot while some items who were designed to have a special or better effect than others stayed the same and got kind of unused. i'm asking to make those items used ingame with changing their stats or effect a little.

example: Staff of prot: 200kgc for a weapon which is worth around 2kgc in combat for its lousy effect. the weapon is at the moment only used for posing.

2nd example: tit plate of freezing: nearly no1 has 1, and everytime someone hits me (on testserver i tried it, dont have 1 on main) the effect is shown but my enemy still lands hits on me. so it's like 100's of kgc for a plate that doesn't even work.

would be nice to see those kind of items getting a use again.

post ur comments here pls :)

hey. im suggesting to give useless items a use again

pr0 idea for :

- deer antlers

- tree mushrooms

- black panther furs

etc.

:)

why bother with tit plate of freezing since as you've said "nearly no1 has 1" ?

no1 has it because it doesn't work -_-

if i tell you pay me 200k for a tit plate that doesnt freeze would you buy it?

smarty :)

kk, understood

but such high level items affect just a few ppl while comon ones that are useless, when tweaked, could become a nice addition for everyone

- deer antlers

- tree mushrooms

These have uses, could have more uses though (same goes for some of the other "extracts only" flowers, imo).

I suppose black panther/(regular) tiger/leopard furs will get used sooner or later (potions/clothing/quivers...)

For tit plate of freezing, I think it was tested before with radu, the char animation keeps going on even though the person is paralyzed. Think we tested it with lorck and nie in kf while radu was watching, the first time it came out :)

For tit plate of freezing, I think it was tested before with radu, the char animation keeps going on even though the person is paralyzed. Think we tested it with lorck and nie in kf while radu was watching, the first time it came out :whistle:

i thought that too. but even tho the animation goes on the person shoudlnt be able to hit me if he's paralized. i understand if theres a bug with the animation but the main bug is that the person is still able to hit me after the message appears.

some more useless items:

Summoning an arctic chimera: cost ~24kgc. summoning a giant costs the same. ACW summon stone only costs 16kgc though.

SboD: doesn't go through red cape because it's treated as a BroD and not as an SboD

Edited by Tempest

I personally think both the Special Plates should be changed..

Steel Plate of Healing - Pretty useless now.

Titanium Plate of Freezing - Useless too.

Hmmm.. Maybe

Titanium Plate of Body Peircing

Steel Plate of Ubber Attack

:whistle:

How about taking the EFE out of the ti-long sword so it's worth making? This is especially true on the PK server where EFEs are worth 10K.

How about taking the EFE out of the ti-long sword so it's worth making? This is especially true on the PK server where EFEs are worth 10K.

And the Ti chain.

Only difference between the Steel and Ti chain is 2 to min armor, and Ti has a degrade state, but degraded stats are worse than steel chain.

Hardly worth an EFE.

...another option would be to remove the acc/def/crit negs tho ^^

yeh that for example.

and korrode to your point, the tit chain isnt "out of relation" to the lower/higher armors. iron plate needs 2 efe so the tit chain having 1 efe should be nice :P but for example the tit long costs just a lil less than serp (producing) while serp is way more effective.

Guildie mentioned what i forgot to add:

GHP's: binding stone needed if you don't make it with luck... emp already has been changed to something reasonable

Edited by Tempest

...so the tit chain having 1 efe should be nice...

AFAIK Titanium chain does need 1 EFE ATM. At least, according to CEL website.

I don't think, that this EFE should be removed, this chain provides a nice rare drop now and then.

But I do agree with above stated, some items should really be rethinked in the light of new enhancements of the game.

and korrode to your point, the tit chain isnt "out of relation" to the lower/higher armors.

Well i never really said it was "out of relation", in the ingreds-to-armors scale i see how it slots in, but that doesn't change the fact that it's ingreds don't match it's stats in comparision to stats VS ingreds for other armors.

and korrode to your point, the tit chain isnt "out of relation" to the lower/higher armors.

Well i never really said it was "out of relation", in the ingreds-to-armors scale i see how it slots in, but that doesn't change the fact that it's ingreds don't match it's stats in comparision to stats VS ingreds for other armors.

i understand what you mean, but you would have to suggest to change 1/10 of the whole game then and i bet radu wouldn't agree with that xD

...i bet radu wouldn't agree with that...

As if he'll give a dung about a much too general thread about "uh, stoof has to change" :P

Seriously, what are the odds that somebody will make a reasonable and well thought out suggestion for a change in a general thread such as this that would actually work and find Radu's approval? From my experience on these forums the chance for that is low, very low.

Hint: if you want to change Titanium Plate of Freezing, you should make a thread about that, to keep the discussion on that one topic instead of branching out left and right...

Sun medallion is good if you want to even out a/d exp for an arena char. And don't say no it isn't cause i've done it :P. I think they have to come up with uses for black panther furs and beehives first though.

Well, the staff of protection can actually be great fun when used with MOL and Heal plate...its just much too expensive for what it gives.

Staff of the mage is much better and is only 80k. If Staff of protection was 80k aswell i would use it in PK ^^

Dragon blade...nice weap...but again...the Staff of the mage is much better....gives more bonuses (like def) + the chance to drain or burn mana is alot higher. Atm the dragon blade is mainly used for posing :P

Same with spear and halberd...not many ppl use them in PK...they just need tweaked a bit to make them more interesting.

Rapier of death...BOD has almost same base dmg + better bonuses...and has A LOT more chance to do that 150 dmg...makes the Rapier of death almost not used.

Edited by Ambrosius

...i bet radu wouldn't agree with that...

As if he'll give a dung about a much too general thread about "uh, stoof has to change" :bow_arrow:

Hint: if you want to change Titanium Plate of Freezing, you should make a thread about that, to keep the discussion on that one topic instead of branching out left and right...

1) true.

2) it's not about the plate. it's generally about stuff that is useless.

99% of those items were useful once, but the game changed very much and the stuff stayed the same. so it needs some adjustment.

I have titanium plate of freezing. Sometime's its working really good but someothers its buggy.

Just to add some uselless items.

1)Axe of freezing. Is this item still in game?

2)All kind of axes

3)All swords except from Orc Slayer, JS and Cutlass. (Rapier, eagle wing etc).

4)Steel ,titanium, bronze helms.

Can we talk about uselless spells too? :)

Edited by agis29

Ok, I';ll make the staff of protection cheaper, 120K.

Keep in mind that it also offers protection against stuff too, not just healing.

Ok, I';ll make the staff of protection cheaper, 120K.

Keep in mind that it also offers protection against stuff too, not just healing.

Thats cool. :) You also said the formula for Ring of Power would be changed too, so you produce more Rings for the 1 Binding Stone, will this be done too? ;)

As for the Freezing Items (Axe/Plate.) should be chaged to give another effect. ;)

Sun medallion is good if you want to even out a/d exp for an arena char. And don't say no it isn't cause i've done it :D. I think they have to come up with uses for black panther furs and beehives first though.

better use moon med in that case : it gives +4 armor...