Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ladybird

Cheating in MMO's

btw i dont see any ads, i have ZA Complete security system :) [thx dib] :P

I just run Adblock Plus extension in Firefox (o/ @ Erma) on my linux box (not that u need linux for adblock plus), uses much less system resources than some big bulky "complete security system" :P:)

on topic:

um, who cares what's in the ads and what the makers of some other games think of the ads?

This is EL forums.

Not 'ensure there's no ebul WoW $$->coins ads' forum.

They're ads. who cares. :)

Edited by Korrode

There is a huge difference between el gold and p2p games gold.

I bought in the past Rostos from the shop to pk a bit and that was it. If i wanted to buy a Nexus i should pay a lot of cash.

In p2p games with 200 gold through enchanting you can add to your char stats like 80 stamina+16 agility.

1000 gold is 400 extra stamina+80 agility.

Thats why they have caps for a period in p2p games.

And that's the reason why people do other things. They want to level up through gold-items and pk.

Leveling is gold-item-pk based and not training based like el.

So basicly it makes more a difference in WoW then in EL?

I bought in the past Rostos from the shop to pk a bit and that was it. If i wanted to buy a Nexus i should pay a lot of cash.

In p2p games with 200 gold through enchanting you can add to your char stats like 80 stamina+16 agility.

And that's the reason why people do other things. They want to level up through gold-items and pk.

Who cares about WOW? And I have adblock plus also, in linux on Swiftweasel and see no ads.

In p2p games it makes more a difference. Its cheating. Its like suddenly your coordination was boosted from 12 to 36.

In el items from the shop keep the game free.

Somehow this post has turned into a gold farming discussion :P Entropy seems to think that because HE doesn't object to certain things, other games shouldn't either. Well, some people don't object to walking into a shop and appropriating an item without paying for it, but the shop owner and the police do! The point is that those ads are advertising something which the company in question deem as cheating/illegal and is against their terms of use. Whether I or anyone else agree/disagree with those terms of use is not an issue.

We are not here to police the Internet.

Besides, we have no moral or ethical obligation to Blizzard to filter ads that they find in violation of their ToS. If that bothers them so much, they can talk to google about it, yes?

the only "problem" i can see here, is that i doubt many people who visit this forum will click on ads related to WoW goldfarming...

My opinion of cheating is this: If you break the rules laid out for the specific game you are playing, you are cheating.

One may not agree with some rules, but that does not give one the right to break them.

One may think more rules should be in place, but that does not give one the right to demand others follow a non-existant rule either.

On that note however, I do feel it behooves any game to keep in mind their game mechanics when allowing or not allowing certain behaviors, or you end up alienating your playerbase.

On the advertisement note, I feel it is up to the individual player's personal integrity to pay attention or not to certain ads. If you don't like it, don't click on it!