Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tempest

me again yapp.

You're welcome, I do see how this was an honest mistake due to confusion over public channels and #gm and #ig. I want to explain the situation and what went wrong, and the difference between #ig and #gm.

Advertising selling of characters or rl $$ for gc or any transactions of this sort involving rl money is forbidden in EL publicly. Everybody knows this part, or at least should.

The issue here is the word publicly.

Channels are public. (other than #jc guild or a private channel created for private use that is not advertised or obvious to find and intentionally made hard to find such as #jc 67493)

#gm is private. (other than in extreme excessive abusive situations which is rare)

#ig is not private. Yes #ig's can be blocked, but basically somebody spamming other guilds is invading their space with unasked for solicitation. Blocking is after the fact, and by the time somebody has notified us and complained, that person has #ig's 20 guilds or more. At that point, we might as well allow him access to broadcast in blue all over EL. #ig is not made up of your own personal guild people, you are messaging strangers with your sales ad. It is not private.

However, I can understand how people can be confused with the #gm and #ig issues of this, so I believe Tempest did not intend to break any rule after talking to him, so I unlocked him. I also wanted to explain the difference and what you all can expect in the future about this type of solicitation. Of course you will be advised at first not to do this, but repeat issues will be dealt with more severely.

Also I want to comment that I know this has been done in the past, but as with anything else, if we are not notified about it, obviously we can't do something about it. So do not assume that because you have done this in the past and didn't get told to stop or worse, that it is legal.

I have no intention to buy/sell chars, but I think it would also help to clarify,

how about telling that in local chat...

• On Isla Prima?
  • Near storages?
  • Just crowded places?
  • Remote places?
  • PK maps?

is that considered public or private?

I have no intention to buy/sell chars, but I think it would also help to clarify,

how about telling that in local chat...

• On Isla Prima?
  • Near storages?
  • Just crowded places?
  • Remote places?
  • PK maps?

is that considered public or private?

You may sell your character in private.

You may NOT sell your character on any of the channels or in any of the ingame public areas, such as storage or beam, for examples.

You may NOT sell your character in these forums either, as these are also public places.

Eternal Lands will NOT be held responsible for any scams which happen during these trades.

That part is covered, generally anything in local with people around is public. Again, if effort is made to go to a private place such as inside a house or to a remote area people are not known to frequent, and speak locally, that would be considered private. PK maps are no different, if an effort is made to take it private such as a remote corner or inside a room, that should be fine. In the middle of a pking crowd is no different, it is public. Can't do it.

But thanks for pointing that out, I will modify my pinned post in marketplace to be more clear, and include the #ig.