Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gohan

Magic Resistance and you.

Well, as stated before by Entropy, magic resistance is supposed to help vs special items, special effects from animals (MB, cooling) and vs spells.

How well does this work?

From my experience, I don't know everything, and a few small things I tried, I can at least say the following.

Animal Effects

Magic Resistance vs animal effects is hard to determine on the tigers with cooldown, but fairly easy on the bears. Not only does the mana burn chance seem to decrease dramatically, I also found that for every 1 magic resistance you have, you will lose 2 less hp/mana per burn. I found that I completely nullify the effect of their mana burns if I wear a Warlocks Cloak and use the (I think) almost unused spell of Magic Protection. Which adds to a total of 16 magic resistance.

I didn't try this on tigers yet, but I highly doubt it affects the cooldown duration, but I assume that they will have a very low chance of still causing cooldown at all, should I fight them with 16 magic resistance.

I'll edit this post later after I tried.

Spells

Magic Resistance vs spells is even easier to determine and may actually by current standings be quite a funny thing. Seeing as there is a new system for magic, many people seem to have a weakened set of spells, mainly MD and harm are used. I found that you cannot nullify the effect (at least, I do not think so), but I had a quick try with someone doing a Mana Drain on me and he drained a nice 1 mana.

It's very simply how this works, for every 1 magic resistance, 1 less mana is drained or 1 less hitpoint is harmed for.

Special Weapons

No idea on this one and I'm not very eager to go risk my rostogol stones/pki/armors to test this, but I assume some PK guild may take it up to try this on their overly safe guild maps where PK is totally dead besides for their PvPing. I'm just assuming that the special chance for cooling/mana depletion/mana burning/destruction/death/etc will be reduced from a few % to maybe 1-2% or even lower, of course it's very hard to test as their special hits are totally random in the first place.

I am currently wondering how well it would prove to use a highly magical resistant outfit on PK and I think it would be nice to see someone try walking around in a BD/bronze set with a warlocks cloak and a magic protection spell up. I think you can get a nice mid 20s to 30(?) in magic resistance and the chances of someone invisible cooling you with a tiger or MBing with a bear out of invis would be very small and due to the magic system your mana would be fairly safe aswell.

I do however question the effectiveness, should one come under attack from the harms of someone who plays on a full mage build, but I guess TS is your answer to that question.

-Gohan

i can only say: azayal got completly owned by me beeing much lower with MD cuisses. he didnt lose no, he got toally owned.

bronze armor for combat sucks hard if you dont use it with warlock + magic protection which fucks up for accuracy/def + special stuff from mirror/bp cape etc.

I thought magic protection only affects the chance to get hit by some thing but not the effect.

So you can lower the chance to get hit by e.g. a mana burn but not the effect.

To lower the effects of mana burn / drain or harm you would need magic resistance.

Edited by Alberich

Magic PROTECTION is for weapons like Titanium Serpent Sword of Magic, doesn't do anything vs spells/special effects. Magic resistance is only thing that helps for the special effects and spells, at least for as much as I know.

-Gohan