Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hazor

The to-be Eternal Lands Misfits guild map,

After some discussions over acquiring a guild map and what it would contain, and a bit about isolating our Brits on an island shaped like England with tea spilled around it in light of the Boston tea party, we decided that the map would be shaped in the likeness of Europe. The plan is to have a famous landmark or thing for which a nation is (in)famous or stereotyped in each respective country, such as the Eiffel tower in France and a beached U-boat in Germany.

Our intent is to have the map open to everyone, with no guard bots to eat people. If anyone has a particular landmark (West of Poland, Romania, Greece) or such they'd like to see, I'll see what I can do.

Edited by Hazor

U-boat in Germany

(snap)

If anyone has a particular landmark (West of Poland, Romania, Greece) or such they'd like to see, I'll see what I can do.

Umm, it actually could be a beached German tourist on a Greece beach :confused:

okay.. i am german.. maybe i lack some history lesson there, why exactly is a stranded Submarine such a famous/stereotype landmark??

wouldnt it be rather Leather Pants or Sauerkraut? (i know both cant be really put into the map.. but you get the idea..)

World War II.

How about for Germany, you build a wall, with a huge hole in the middle of it? Indicating the fall of Communism or whatever :hiya:

Oh, and I agree with Labby. Blackpool tower \o/

Also, there was a lovely hotel called the Cumberland owned by some friends of my grandparents. If you have some additional space, a hotel or tram would be ace :ph34r:

Edited by Aphistolas

World War II.

How about for Germany, you build a wall, with a huge hole in the middle of it? Indicating the fall of Communism or whatever :hiya:

Oh, and I agree with Labby. Blackpool tower \o/

Also, there was a lovely hotel called the Cumberland owned by some friends of my grandparents. If you have some additional space, a hotel or tram would be ace :ph34r:

thats more like a special landmark of history for me... i like that alot. indicating the union of east and west berlin, that was one hell of a part

of history that everyone is aware of.

Not really, more people (at least here) are aware of World War I/II than the Berlin Wall falling. Though, I guess a wall would be less controversial than a crashed U-boat.

well i asked around a bit i just think its odd barely anyone from my german friends could tell me what the mean of a stranded submarine would

be.. and if WE wonder.. lol..

Surely, a windmill could be for the Netherlands, if that's not a stereotypical landmark, I don't know what is. :) Maybe some small canals for Venice....

well i asked around a bit i just think its odd barely anyone from my german friends could tell me what the mean of a stranded submarine would be.. and if WE wonder.. lol..

well, it is not surprising to me why Germans wonder and others might remember and understand this particular case :closedeyes:

a historic dispute goes beyond this topic so I'd better shut up :P

as for my city - Warsaw, Poland - the symbol of the city is that

Could you possibly mark the channel islands? Jersey especially (not only because it's the biggest.. but the one i live on lol)

We get missed off so many maps in real..... weather ones etc.... that sometimes i believe i don't actually exist.

Many thanks

spirited ;)

Wow, more responses than I thought this thread would garner.

Aphistolas is right, I think, more people in the U.S. would be likely to understand a U-boat over the Berlin wall (I hadn't even considered the latter, but it's a good idea). And that it will be beached was purely for humor, it held no real significance.

The windmill is something I'll certainly do. I'm not sure how I'd make or where a flag would go, but national flags are a good idea. Warsaw and the Channel islands will be a bit more difficult though, as we have to consider scale - the English channel, for example, is 6 steps wide.

Edited by Hazor

Wow, more responses than I thought this thread would garner.

Aphistolas is right, I think, more people in the U.S. would be likely to understand a U-boat over the Berlin wall (I hadn't even considered the latter, but it's a good idea). And that it will be beached was purely for humor, it held no real significance.

The windmill is something I'll certainly do. I'm not sure how I'd make or where a flag would go, but national flags are a good idea. Warsaw and the Channel islands will be a bit more difficult though, as we have to consider scale - the English channel, for example, is 6 steps wide.

What do you mean ", I think,"? Surely StormDaughter told you I wasn't purely a seething crackpot! :)

I just had an idea, if you are unable to do flags, you could use stereotypical markers... A cup of tea, or something, for Britain, a sausage for Germany, etc... It would get kind of difficult trying to get things people would recognise though.

A fish/sushi for Japan/China! Maybe some oriental ties would be nice;)

A fish/sushi for Japan/China! Maybe some oriental ties would be nice;)
Unfortunately, Asia's a bit large to fit. ;) It goes as far east as the eastern border of Poland, approximately.