Eternal Lands Official Forums
chr0nik

Deslinda

I'm not entirely clear on what community rules are regarding invasions, but it seems that many frown on folks stealing killbags. Hence, I post this snippet from my chat logs showing Deslinda's response when I called her out. I have no screenie to prove I killed and she subsequently looted my bags, so take it for what it's worth.

[19:02:45] lordchron: bagjumper

[19:02:47] [jaclaw @ 6]: yeah yeti per 10 ppl;p

[19:02:49] [awhlrgreat @ 6]: step on them

[19:02:51] Deslinda: hahaha

[19:02:51] ShoGhuN: ol

[19:02:53] [Jizzy @ 6]: \o/ invaded puma

[19:02:54] ShoGhuN: lol

[19:02:57] Deslinda: :icon13:

[19:03:11] #Message from Acelon: It seems there are medium level armies attacking the go-between of the two-invaded maps.

Sadly its common practice to take what you can grab in invasions. Most, if not all, guild rules which cover jumping on bags; are thrown out of the window at the time. I am fairly sure this is a common view of the community in general (there WILL be individuals who wont, but theyre out numbered greatly). This occasionally includes deathbags (where the owners cannot be traced at least).

More like you fight for your shit you lose? Tired of these little "noobs" (for sake of not using a bad word) who stand right behind you and take all your shit, I'm sure it annoys everyone who has fought in invasions. This is no different from bagjumping either, should be frowned upon like if she /he bagjumped someone's db or flowers.

Sadly its common practice to take what you can grab in invasions. Most, if not all, guild rules which cover jumping on bags; are thrown out of the window at the time. I am fairly sure this is a common view of the community in general (there WILL be individuals who wont, but theyre out numbered greatly). This occasionally includes deathbags (where the owners cannot be traced at least).

I try to just take what's mine in invasions, but it's pretty hard to know who's kill is who's after a big mob fight. I don't care when there's a bunch of fighters picking up what they can after a big fight, but I agree it's pretty annoying when you kill two things in a row and someone grabs one of the bags before you can get to it.

More like you fight for your shit you lose? Tired of these little "noobs" (for sake of not using a bad word) who stand right behind you and take all your shit, I'm sure it annoys everyone who has fought in invasions. This is no different from bagjumping either, should be frowned upon like if she /he bagjumped someone's db or flowers.

Actually, and I dont direct this at YOU teehee, I am merely using your post as a spring board, little "noobs" jumping bags in invasions have every right to do so, since the MUCH bigger problem in invasions it seems, is that high level players often take over killing low level stuff and the little "noobs" hardly have a chance to even SEE an invasion critter, let alone kill one themselves and EARN a killbag.

THAT to me is the main problem at the moment. Trust me, as soon as my own skills and levels are good enough to leave the c1 invasions to others, I will do so. I just wish others would do likewise (especially all those who are MUCH more skilled/levelled up than I am). It's far more annoying to see someone in 100+'s A/D killing gobs in ws than it is to see someone jump my kill bags.

Actually, and I dont direct this at YOU teehee

I wasn't replying to YOUR post you just snuck yours in as i was typing :icon13:. Maybe I haven't been paying attention but I have never seen the problem where a "pro" is beating up gobs, personally i always shoot high and if i know I'll die doing so (ex. multi combat fluffy filled room) I'll go for the next lowest thing. And in this case it would be a snooze you lose for getting to kill an invasion creature, it's not like its 5 gobs invading WS. IMO the bagjumping issue is more annoying, you spend the time to get there and kill all these mobs and it ends up its all being stolen. I agree with DinkyDee where if its a huge crowd with dbs laying everywhere there's not really anything indicating its actually your kill bags but when its retardedly obvious that they are yours, that's just annoying and imo should be frowned upon. No worries if you think I'm stupid :)

Heh Deslinda I can remember I retuned a db with black dragon cuisses , s2e of therm and tit shield to him/her.

And not even a thanks imo not a nice person :P ... :(

That's a community rule on PK server. I'm pretty sure it's just you snooze you lose on main.

yeah but no one cares about the PK server anyway :(

Well, it is sometimes quite annoying - you are surrounded by monsters and as soon as you kill one, another one engages you, in effect you do not move at all over the DB's of your kills, you stay in one place and DB's pile around you :

DB..........DB.........DB

DB.......Player.......DB

DB..........DB.........DB

After some time of bashing majority of creatures is killed and then they come and pick all these bags that surround you, you are lucky if you get one or two lol Where the hell they have been when all those monsters were surrounding you? Why do they run from 10 steps away to pick up DB's of crits they haven't even touched?

I'm a realist though and I know that a community rule that ask not to touch the db of the creature you haven't fought is impossible to enforce. I would however gladly see at least high level players and oldbies not to bagjump noobs and average players. Greed is a sin, remember :(

What pisses me off the most are people stealing others bags during invasion while being invisible (not being invisible, doesn't make a huge difference in my opinion). Somebody may say it's tactics, but in my opinion it's just requires a total bastard to do something like it.

Hence, I started completing my own archives of screenshots. At some point I will do a nice collage and publish :(

@Talixim

\o\ \o/ /o/

What pisses me off the most are people stealing others bags during invasion while being invisible (not being invisible, doesn't make a huge difference in my opinion). Somebody may say it's tactics, but in my opinion it's just requires a total bastard to do something like it.

Hence, I started completing my own archives of screenshots. At some point I will do a nice collage and publish :P

@Talixim

\o\ \o/ /o/

Lmao, can't wait to see that one. Tbh, I sometimes look up surprised when I see some people pop up from invisibility during invasions myself, especially after I was unable to run on a bag or 2. :(

-Blee

What I had previous invasion.

I was fighting so many creatures, I couldnt move or pick a single bag.

By the time I was done fighting them, the bags were already poofing/dissapearing. :(

Ontopic: Bagjump what you can.

Edited by Manderijn

Hence, I started completing my own archives of screenshots. At some point I will do a nice collage and publish :(

NoNoNo!!!

L.A. doesn't bagjump!!!!! ... only for the economy!!!!!!

you cant judge that with the same measure during an invasion, because mostly the invasion creatures attack you and not the other way round. at least in crowd fights there is no use trying to sort out the owners of 20 bags on the floor amongst 10 fighting chars.

on wednesday for example i only killed 4 creatures of a crowd, but others left behind 10 bags and went away to fight elsewhere...so of course i took them. on the other hand, if ever a player PMs me, that it was HIS bag, i'd leave it or return it to him of course. (and jumping on single bags or db in invasions without returning them is just despicable imho)

but after all a big part of the fun in invasions is, that its more chaotic :)

i dont mind high level players fighting foxes with me at all - and most of them probably dont mind me shooting at a dragon even if its of nearly no use...

just my 0.02

Gilrain

Actually, and I dont direct this at YOU teehee, I am merely using your post as a spring board, little "noobs" jumping bags in invasions have every right to do so, since the MUCH bigger problem in invasions it seems, is that high level players often take over killing low level stuff and the little "noobs" hardly have a chance to even SEE an invasion critter, let alone kill one themselves and EARN a killbag.

THAT to me is the main problem at the moment. Trust me, as soon as my own skills and levels are good enough to leave the c1 invasions to others, I will do so. I just wish others would do likewise (especially all those who are MUCH more skilled/levelled up than I am). It's far more annoying to see someone in 100+'s A/D killing gobs in ws than it is to see someone jump my kill bags.

Regarding noobs having every right to bagjump, I was new in EL not that long ago and have waited some time to effectively participate in invasions. With respect to Deslinda, I had just killed a few mobs and was the only person inside the little fenced in area in Grahm's Village when she walked up out of nowhere and grabbed what bags of mine she could before I was able to.

shes a kid. she is like 11 years old.

not saying kids at that age are dumb but... you get my point i hope.

12 years old :icon13: And she's MY sexeh GF and she didint do notin wrong :)

Edited by exeus101

12 years old :wub: And she's MY sexeh GF and she didint do notin wrong :)

You sure?

[17:34:02] Deslinda: I be everyones wife

From VotD sto sometime last week. :icon13::hug:

-Gohan

Out of my very own experience I know that children have a different, innocent view on all of this. They treat it as it is, as a game, without any hard feelings. They win, they loose, but they don't make much of a fuzz about it.

I suggest we all try and get back some of the innocence here.

:)

I don't think age can exempt actions

i started playing when i was 12 and i never thought bagjumping was okay, sure i had some bad moments where i may have bagjummped(tbh can't remember everything i did 3 years ago) so just my perspective, 12,15,30 however old you are you should be able to tell if what your doing will have a positive or negative affect :)

Edited by Articenens

I'm not entirely clear on what community rules are regarding invasions, but it seems that many frown on folks stealing killbags. Hence, I post this snippet from my chat logs showing Deslinda's response when I called her out. I have no screenie to prove I killed and she subsequently looted my bags, so take it for what it's worth.

[19:02:45] lordchron: bagjumper

[19:02:47] [jaclaw @ 6]: yeah yeti per 10 ppl;p

[19:02:49] [awhlrgreat @ 6]: step on them

[19:02:51] Deslinda: hahaha

[19:02:51] ShoGhuN: ol

[19:02:53] [Jizzy @ 6]: \o/ invaded puma

[19:02:54] ShoGhuN: lol

[19:02:57] Deslinda: :blush:

[19:03:11] #Message from Acelon: It seems there are medium level armies attacking the go-between of the two-invaded maps.

FIRST!

This provides no evidence that Deslinda even took anything that "belonged" to you to begin with. A simple :) doesn't mean that she is saying that she did anything.

SECOND!

In the year that I have been playing I have always known invasion DB's to be up for grabs for anyone.

THIRD!

IMO if you have a problem loosing DB's during invasions then you mine as well stop participating in the invasions because you WILL loose lots of bags to others around you with nothing to do about it.

FINAL!

Close this topic already. Read rule 1...

Oh for you lazy ass people....

1. All initial posts (the post that starts the thread) MUST include valid proof such as a screenshot or unedited logs. Any accusation without proof will immediately be deleted. Repeat transgressions WILL be addressed.

SECOND!

In the year that I have been playing I have always known invasion DB's to be up for grabs for anyone.

Yes, and the fully logical oucome of this is that everybody should agree with you. Great.

I disagree with you completely. Stealing bags during an invasion is as bag jumping as wel.

SECOND!

Yes, and the fully logical oucome of this is that everybody should agree with you. Great.

I disagree with you completely. Stealing bags during an invasion is as bag jumping as wel.

I neither said I agree or disagree with taking DB's during invasions. Just that there is no protections from having it happen. And again where is the direct evidence???

FIRST!

This provides no evidence that Deslinda even took anything that "belonged" to you to begin with. A simple :blush: doesn't mean that she is saying that she did anything.

In those logs I read him knowing she took it and calling her bagjumper and her laughing in his face, maybe you don't see that, but I do.

SECOND!

NoNoNo!!!

L.A. doesn't bagjump!!!!! ... only for the economy!!!!!!

Just thought it was funny to quote that under you. :x But I do wonder why people go invisible in invasions to bagjump if it's free game anyway? Explain? If you're honest you may just bother to try and return if you can. Even me being the invasion asshole 2 weeks ago on that Ice Dragon returned several deathbags I found that day.

THIRD!

IMO if you have a problem loosing DB's during invasions then you mine as well stop participating in the invasions because you WILL loose lots of bags to others around you with nothing to do about it.

Not necessarily, I played 2 invasions on the same rosto I borrowed from someone for 2 weeks. :)

-Gohan