Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TessAnna

Name Changes

I found the post about name changes being once a month. What I would like to know is what are the fees and which paypal link to use. I am not sure if PK server is handled the same or differently than Main server accounts.

Thank you.

I know someone who got a name change on the PK Server, afaik he payed Learner the $ to do so.

What I would also like to know is, are looks changes still allowed on this server?

Thanks.

I not sure but i thought there were restrictions with name changes

like only 1 a month per person and name change to be posted to stop any sort of scamming going on

either way it would be cool if someone from admit could clarify all this and let us know prices and how to change names /looks etc

ty

pffft.

Its crazy that you think you have the right to know when someone changes their name.

Maybe someone wants to name change to have some piece and quiet for a change...

Either way yet another reason why the PK server is a waste of time.

And to think the server had potential till a couple people thought they could tell everyone how to act, talk and make sure they tell you when they change their name... :/

pffft.

Its crazy that you think you have the right to know when someone changes their name.

And to think the server had potential till a couple people thought they could tell everyone how to act, talk and make sure they tell you when they change their name... :/

Have to agree with Paul on these points. You really don't need to know who it is unless you've known him before. (And since some of you haven't been on main in a long time and this guy just came over to the pk server, you probably don't)

And some of the rules are alright that you guys made up but i think more people would come over if you just dropped them altogether.

Just my 2 cents.

(Feel free to flame me in PM you know where to reach me.)

And some of the rules are alright that you guys made up but i think more people would come over if you just dropped them altogether.
That could be true, but at the moment most of those who actually play the PK server perfer the quality of the people and community over quantity (more people). I really don't hear much complaining while playing on the PK server.

I agree with Paul here, people shouldn't know if someone gets a name change, it's down to the person who wants it to tell you, not public information.. And I do agree about some of the 'community rules' but others are not needed..

It's a PK Server, I can understand people not PK'ing in Invasions, because they should be fun for everyone, not just those who have played the server longer.

Anyways, I would like to know a official price for a Name Change, and a Looks/Color Change.

Thanks.

We would like our answers from Entropy as only he knows for sure.

EDIT: PK server is FAR from a waste of time. We have a lot of fun here and since we are the ones actually playing, it should be our opinion that counts. If you come over with a negative attitude, then it won't be fun for you, but if you come over and have fun doing whatever you want to do, then I assure you a great time.

The community rules are not bad. No one says you can't argue until you are blue in the face and everyone is tired of hearing it.... all we ask is to keep the vulgarity out of the community channel. What you do in PM, other made up channels or IG is different. The problem is, no one has any clue the ages of each and every single person on the community channel, and since the community is still small, why should we have to leave the channel just to avoid the vulgarity? Thats plain nuts. Anyway, that's my two cents.

Edited by TessAnna

pffft.

Maybe someone wants to name change to have some piece and quiet for a change...

Either way yet another reason why the PK server is a waste of time.

If someone buys a character and starts playing it they will probably want/need a name change, specially when you buy a character with a name that everyone has issues with (ie. liquid). Making this know to public is not a big deal, other people won't bother with it much as it is a new player joining/coming back and they will try to know him/her while playing.

The only reason why name changes made public are useful to the community is (the reason why a couple want them secret) to keep track of someone that is playing on the server, that made a "reputation" out of the way s/he plays and wants to hide from it so he can go and do it over and over again. A good example comes from the members of Ftw! guild (Frightened to walk!) as they grew a very nice "reputation" for themselves and want name changes to be secret because most of the players on the PK Server won't trade with them.

No one on the PK Server is trying to make life harder for those who are joining with this post/idea that already had been discussed before I joined the server but with uncertain points on it. Most of us are trying to help new players, giving them a push start to get levels faster. It's getting easier to start a character on the PK Server everyday if you have social skills.

If we could have a poll with all the PK Server players I am sure that over 90% of the server players would want the name change to be made public.

EDIT: typos

Edited by Segor

Paul has a point when it comes to keeping name changes private. We already have confusion over familiar names having been traded to unfamiliar people, and some don't like to say which alts are theirs. Others like myself consider their alts to be one big happy family :D and would rather everyone knew who's who.

As far as scamming goes, in PK we have to trust or not anyway so it's just a matter of relying on judgment of character. That seems to be working fine as things are with few complaints and accusations. It's similar to the reason we don't attack each other every time we meet. It's not productive to leveling and I always get pwned :P .

I'm sure name/color/race changes are the same as main but the EL Store says Learner takes care of these features so a PM here or on the Main should answer that. Um, if he doesn't answer this thread!

Hmm.... maybe I should change "Piggy" to "Chunk Manly PhD".......