Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rayna

Using a bot as a bucket?

I would like to use my bot as a bucket to hold supplies, etc as a storage bot does, but not at storage.

Is this permitted?

She may also trade with other players as well for gc. However, her usefulness would be as a bucket.

I wouldn't mind some clarity on this as well, just to be sure...

But, as I understand it, that would be within the rules. I'm fairly sure I've seen that type of bot usage in the game (paid bot of course...) From what I've heard, this is some times referred to as a storage bot (even though it doesn't actually access storage.)

Of course you couldn't do things like have it carry stuff for you to another location (muling) or trade between two of your other characters (muli-play...)

This is based on my experiences so far and what I've read in the rules, so please don't take my word as the final answer.

But, as I understand it, that would be within the rules. I'm fairly sure I've seen that type of bot usage in the game (paid bot of course...) From what I've heard, this is some times referred to as a storage bot (even though it doesn't actually access storage.)

Of course you couldn't do things like have it carry stuff for you to another location (muling) or trade between two of your other characters (muli-play...)

This is based on my experiences so far and what I've read in the rules, so please don't take my word as the final answer.

As far as I remember storage bots are allowed to stay ONLY close to storages. They're not allowed to level up, carry resources, etc.

They were introduced to help guilds with their projects (i.e. guild storage characters has been legalised as storage bots).

As far as I remember storage bots are allowed to stay ONLY close to storages. They're not allowed to level up, carry resources, etc.

They were introduced to help guilds with their projects (i.e. guild storage characters has been legalised as storage bots).

Yes I read about the storage bots here in the forum. But there are bots in el, that are not trade bots and are not close to any storage.

One that I know of just off the top of my head is 'Speaker'. But I dont know anything about it actually. It just tells you its not a trade bot. :rolleyes:

I would guess that if the bot isnt used as a mule, nor a storage bot, then it would just be called a merchant bot. But as such, would not have to sell anything, or could sell some items. But you could still use it to hold inventory.

I know Radu isnt about right now so this might have to wait till he can clarify it.

From what I've learnt and understood any paid bot can be used for that - afaik you can run a bot for free only if it benefits a whole community (as Gossip or Rraisa do). A typical trade bot (20$ a year) should be fine for a storage, though if you need high emu you'd need a blessing. And you'll have to consult desired location with Entropy.