Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kalix

a/d school

Ok i came up with this idea in a few seconds and i havnt completely thought it through.

This school will be all pk, you would get double the exp here but if you died you would lose 3/4 the exp you got.

I dont know if this is the exact best negative effect that this school could have. And if you die you lose your stuff and cant get it back. The person that killed you cant get ur stuff either.

edit- diss rings arnt usable in this school

Edited by time4u2die

Even better... rostogols don't work here... and if you die, you increase your chances of losing the items in your inventory :)

Sounds nice... but looks like a really dangerous place ;-)

It would be nicer if not only is a pk map, but a map with different spawns, something like the ogre room, the orc room, and why not a PK room...

In fact, making all PK may discourage some people to go in there.

My two cents :-)

well i was thinking something like that to. And then maybe a pvp room were they could pvp train.

#edit-spelling

Edited by time4u2die

and how would losing exp thing work when u can save the game every couple of mins??

No diss rings means that u can still escape using flee button, which is more effective than diss ring anyway because u dont have cooldown on flee:P

And if u meant no flee either than this area is pointless because u couldnt pvp there. Double exp a/d arena is interesting idea but i dont think it's possible to make such thing. There is no interest in fast leveling with no costs in this game which is exactly this case because pvp is cheap and comfortable way to increase your a/d.

Levelling up attack and defence skills is too easy without any additions making it even easier.

Edited by Eiri

hmm aug with iron helm would rock here cuz even if you die you would only from those stuffs which would cost like 500gc?:icon13: just dont get killed and itll be a free suntuz day, nice idea :)

Edited by PriVate

Eiri is right, attack and defence are much easier to get exp than manu/crafting/summoning etc.

it isnt... time spent on training a/d is much much more important than training other skills. for other skills, u don't need time, just gc...

Eiri is right, attack and defence are much easier to get exp than manu/crafting/summoning etc.

it isnt... time spent on training a/d is much much more important than training other skills. for other skills, u don't need time, just gc...

Now. Could you possibly explain how come one doesn't need to time to develop other skills than attack and defence (especially harvesting:P)?

Additionally, if leveling other skills than attack and defence is so easy, why there is such a huge gap between maximum attack or defence level and any other skill (top attack and defence are around 150, while other skills are around 110)?

<edit>

I forgot to mention that getting any reasonably amount of gold coins consumes a lot of time itself. Supposingly, it isn't part of leveling up, though.

Edited by Eiri

Because health essences, srs, and breaks are all free. And ummm, making 10k leather helms to get a manu level doesnt take any time at all?

All skills take time, and having tons of gc makes it much easier to level ANY skill. While it is potentially easier to power level many of the other skills since there are items that give much higher exp per mix than you would get with a strike/dodge, you really only notice a difference when at the lower levels. To do this at higher levels 70+ would take millions of gc.

Edited by LevinMage

The bare bones of my idea was to basically have an arena, in this is a school thats pk. Get double the exp there but with some negative affects.

i dont see how this idea even got so much discussion about it... i think its a bad idea..

IMO. a/d are two of thea easiest skills to train. why? other than just being greedy. would you want a school for it.. and i honestly dont see any way an a/d school could be successfully be introduced into th game...(i could be very wrong in that case though)..

seems like a feeble and hidden attempt to revive pk or some crap...

i really just dont see something like this happening.

Mayb a school where you can attack your allies and guildies would be a better idea? This way you don't need to kick anyone out of the guild or destroy alliances to be able to train for a few hours. Would help lower level players IMO

I think that it would be best if everyone started with 100 a/d and like 300k gc in storage.

No pain no gain, simple as that :D

Mayb a school where you can attack your allies and guildies would be a better idea? This way you don't need to kick anyone out of the guild or destroy alliances to be able to train for a few hours. Would help lower level players IMO

yeh and make azayal/alma reach their 160 def some days faster.

When i think take 3/4 of thier exp I think of de-levels....

Mainly cus it will be hard to take 3/4 of exp to the next level

right?

Additionally, if leveling other skills than attack and defence is so easy, why there is such a huge gap between maximum attack or defence level and any other skill (top attack and defence are around 150, while other skills are around 110)?

<edit>

I forgot to mention that getting any reasonably amount of gold coins consumes a lot of time itself. Supposingly, it isn't part of leveling up, though.

*because you block more than you get hit ? - exept with the max phys build not possible anymore :D

*my brother made 1 million gc in less than 2 weeks, gc is easy to make if u know how to make it. and i'm speaking of making without credit card.

Because health essences, srs, and breaks are all free. And ummm, making 10k leather helms to get a manu level doesnt take any time at all?

I think i know what i'm talking about :) - i make more ressource on training than i use (i mean i make 1.6k xp for 1 gc i spend on it for the past 20 million + xp i done) - and i already done 5-10k leather helms, it takes time but i repeat :) u only need the gc and a bit of time to train other skills : just go to manu school, alch school etc. I agree though for harving, u need a lot of time and gc there can't help it :P

but what i'm trying to say is that money will boost ur lvling, specially on manu, craft, tailoring, eng, summ, pot, mag etc.. but money can't boost ur a/d training soo much

<edit>

*because you block more than you get hit ? - exept with the max phys build not possible anymore :D

I would suggest REREADING. The gap is between attack/defence AND any other skill. Or maybe blocking inluences manufacturing.

*my brother made 1 million gc in less than 2 weeks, gc is easy to make if u know how to make it. and i'm speaking of making without credit card.

How many levels did this 1million gc gave him? I assume he just clicked on it and voila - levels appeared.

I think i know what i'm talking about :) - i make more ressource on training than i use (i mean i make 1.6k xp for 1 gc i spend on it for the past 20 million + xp i done) - and i already done 5-10k leather helms, it takes time but i repeat :) u only need the gc and a bit of time to train other skills : just go to manu school, alch school etc. I agree though for harving, u need a lot of time and gc there can't help it :P

So... time is required after all. So far you claimed it's only money >.< I'm getting an impression that your first claiming is exagerated.

for other skills, u don't need time, just gc...

but what i'm trying to say is that money will boost ur lvling, specially on manu, craft, tailoring, eng, summ, pot, mag etc.. but money can't boost ur a/d training soo much

Actually money can boost your a/d training a lot. Without money you would be forced to train without any armour, without essences, without potions. As far as I know it's hardly possible to train attack or defence without this way. Moreover, from my own experience, a possibility of using better equipment gives more training possibilities making training much easier.

I'd say money boost your grinding abilities in every single skills in the game. What doesn't change a fact - leveling attack or defence is not only the easiest, but considering your own words - the cheapest.

<edit>

You can get so high profits with manufacturing ONLY if you are very lucky. Otherwise most of stuff sells below ingredients cost.

Edited by Eiri

That gave me a really good laugh :evilgrin:

Will boost your manu :whistle: ... yeah, but first you need to haul LOADS of ingreds and food (and 5-10k leather helms is nothing, believe me)

With gc, you can buy HEs/SRs and armor and use them for hours if not days (and make HUGE exp)...

The same amount of gc will give me one manu session and it will not even be close to what you gain with training a/d ...

5000 leather helms gives me 620k manu exp (serving manu god and having high will) in school and it costs me

70kgc - leather

40kgc - thread

+ food

and of course you get nothing back, just exp, while fighting you get drops ...

Edited by groomsh

For all people agreeing with this crap...

Are u that damn lazy? Training is so damn easy these days we dont need no damn "2x exp school"... are u idiots? there are already "special days" for all different kinds of levelings of all skills. Hell! There are even "gods" for more exp than normal... unless u are godless, thats your own fault. Compared to what this game is now, u should be kissing ent daily for making it so much easier to train. NOW SR can be stacked in your inv instead of taking up 1slot/sr... which is why most a/d trainers back then would just bring ingreds and make their own SR while they train... HARD WORKERS. Then when they could be stacked is when they all #reset and started from scratch, so not to waste 5pp in w/e nexus uses pottin... and a good portion of those ppl are top levelers bc they EARNED their levels. Now we all have the pleasure to just pop however many we want of anything in INV and head out. Now there are armors that can make u last so much longer than full Iron would, + an NMT cape to help to not break shit instead of using 7pp for the perk (unless u prefere perk).

Another thing, CONSIDER the fact that a school like this would be put in. Do u honestly think any of u "low levelers" would be able to train there? Lol. Top 50's a/d would only be allowed, and would be there many hours/day.. and they'd pk anyone who dared to try. So.... what u are sayin is make PK more active for the top lvlers while they train? If u wanna die countless times, mkay... u arent too bright.

Dont be lazy and come up with idiotic ideas. And dont get on my shit for speaking the truth, of all the time i've played I've only actually got to train almost 1 full day of sun tzu and maybe like 1 or so hours 2 other times... and im still not ticked off to the point to say "yaya lets make a school so we can all be 200's level by next week. Common sense ftw?