Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gilrain

killme -> deleteme

just a small proposal:

maybe if the #killme command would be renamed to #deleteme,

it would be more clear to ppl, what it does.

Dunno how big the problem is with ppl who use that command by accident, but at first sight, i would only expect, that it only _kills_ my char, not delete it.

(i used the forum search, so bash me mildly :) )

Gilrain

just a small proposal:

Dunno how big the problem is with ppl who use that command by accident, but at first sight, i would only expect, that it only _kills_ my char, not delete it.

Gilrain

Considering you type it in once and then it gives you a big warning in red and then you have to type it in again, the odds of prople doing this my accident aren't very good.

just a small proposal:

Gilrain

Considering you type it in once and then it gives you a big warning in red and then you have to type it in again, the odds of prople doing this my accident aren't very good.

Unlike typos, you mean? *presses ctrl+Up Arrow to cycle back to a previous market advert just as the cat jumps onto the keyboard and PFFFFFT! PYE disappears and the cat gets neutered with a knitting needle*

Yes, although odds are against it, its not entirely impossible.

LochnessLobster may have an alternative point-of-view on that. :whistle:

if you want attention then suggest something good, so ppl go like "oh wow Murdock thats a good idea, i like it"

instead of suggesting something that is good as it is and changing it has no purpose at all

I almost did #killme then i got the warning sign. I was trying to get to the underworld.

just a small proposal:

Gilrain

Yes it is supper best idea for people that speak/read English well......and if you don't too bad

I don't see a reason for changing it from #killme to #deletme.

I would suggest updating Help files, though. It says #killme yes is required, while the command works with anything after #killme. (Even a better solution would be changing it server side, so #killme yes is required).

Digression.

I managed to almost delete my character one day. I was trying to explain a newcomer how to remove his character so one's look may be changed >.<

not much of a use really.. i really see no point why this should be change as its not much of a problem as it is now.