Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cadoras

Client Crash while starting

Hey there,

a friend of mine got a problem while starting her el client. She starts it get's a white screen with the green loading bar and then it crashs without getting to the login screen.

Btw it has worked before without any problems but uhm as she got up this morning the problem showed up.

She got an

AMD Athlon 64 3500

2Gb RAM

Geforce 6600 GT - with newest drivers (Version 175.19)

Windows XP (now with SP 3 cause she also tried to update windows^^)

So uhm reinstall the game didn't worked.. not with the full 1.7 Version of the client, neither with a 1.6 Version and afterwards update to 1.7 ^^

in the error log i left out some lines cause it's always the same and would just spam the thread..

Log started at 2008-07-22 15:15:25 localtime (Westeuropäische Sommerzeit)

[15:15:25] Error: Server profile not found in servers.lst for server: Lands\el.exe". Failover to server: main.

[15:15:25] Using the server profile: main

[15:15:25] Could not read console.xml

[15:15:25] Could not read errors.xml

[15:15:25] Could not read help.xml

[15:15:25] Could not read options.xml

[15:15:25] Could not read spells.xml

[15:15:25] Could not read stats.xml

[15:15:25] Could not read titles.xml

[15:15:27] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/font.bmp in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)

[15:15:27] Error: Can't open file "mapinfo.lst"

[15:15:27] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/login_back.bmp in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)

[15:15:27] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./shaders/water_fs.glsl in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)

Last message repeated 3 times

[15:15:27] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./shaders/reflectiv_water_fs.glsl in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)

[15:15:27] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./shaders/water_fs.glsl in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)

[15:15:27] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./shaders/reflectiv_water_fs.glsl in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)

[15:15:27] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/16x16/simple.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)

[15:15:27] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/16x16/flare1.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)

[...]

[15:15:27] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/128x128/petal.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)

[15:15:27] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/eye_candy/128x128/snowflake.png in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)

[15:15:27] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file shaders/anim.vert in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)

[15:15:27] Error: Can't open file "harvestable.lst"

[15:15:27] Error: Can't open file "entrable.lst"

[15:15:27] Error: Can't open file "knowledge.lst"

[15:15:27] Error opening mines configuration file: mines.xml

[15:15:27] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file textures/cursors.bmp in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)

[15:15:27] Error opening sound configuration file

[15:15:27] Unable to read actor definition file actor_defs/actor_defs.xml

[15:15:27] Unable to read missiles definition file actor_defs/missile_defs.xml

[15:15:27] Unable to read weather definition file ./weather.xml

[15:15:27] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/gamebuttons.bmp in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)

[15:15:27] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/gamebuttons2.bmp in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)

[15:15:27] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/console.bmp in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)

[15:15:27] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/ground_detail.bmp in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)

[15:15:27] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/login_menu.bmp in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)

[15:15:27] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file ./textures/sigils.bmp in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)

[15:15:28] Error: Can't open file "quest.log"

[15:15:28] Could not load a channel list from file. Using a limited built-in set instead.

[15:15:28] Error: Can't open file "mirrors.lst"

[15:15:28] An error occured while reading the rules

[15:15:28] The rules.xml file was not found. You will have to redownload your game.

got any idea how to solve it in a way we didn't tried yet?

Since there are many errors about missing files, looks like the #data_dir is set to the wrong path

With the game closed, open the file Documents/Eternal Lands/main/el.ini and look for the #data_dir=.... line, then edit it to point to where the game is installed

[Documents/Eternal Lands/ is where your settings are stored, not where the game is installed].

Edited by Theryndan

:D oh :D

solved o.O but uhm y does it work for 6 weeks and then no more after doing nothing else then going to bed and waking up ^^? no one changed this path i guess cause she didn't even know of him :devlish:

but thx a lot

solved o.O but uhm y does it work for 6 weeks and then no more after doing nothing else then going to bed and waking up ^^? no one changed this path i guess cause she didn't even know of him :devlish:

At startup, the client reads the specified datadir and look if it exists:

- if it exists, load the files from there

- if it doesn't exist, write a warning about the wrong path in the error.log, and looks for the files to load in the folder where the client is

Maybe in the past weeks the path was just pointing to a non-existing folder, so the game worked fine; but if then that folder got created... you end with the problems reported above

If you installed using the default settings the game data path would be in: C:\Program Files\Eternal Lands

And your custom user settings here: C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\My Documents\Eternal Lands

I'm getting a similar error, but mine says:

[14:48:30] Error: Server profile not found in servers.lst for server: Lands\el.exe". Failover to server: main.

[14:48:30] Using the server profile: main

Help?

[14:48:30] Error: Server profile not found in servers.lst for server: Lands\el.exe". Failover to server: main.

Help?

This error can safely be ignored; what is there in the rest of your error_log?

Help?

This error can safely be ignored; what is there in the rest of your error_log?

Nothing, that is the only error, but the game crashes while starting anyway.

I'm having the same problem, at least I think so.

Started thinking of playing el again but el doesnt seem to want me anymore.

This is my error log:

Log started at 2008-10-08 22:09:44 localtime (Romance (standaardtijd))

[22:09:44] Error: Server profile not found in servers.lst for server: Lands\el.exe". Failover to server: main.

[22:09:44] Using the server profile: main

[22:09:44] Warning: Didn't find your data_dir, using the current directory instead. Please correct this in your el.ini . Given data_dir was: "d:\Eternal Lands"

But problem is I cant find a data-dir anywhere.

Downloaded the windows file and yes i'm running windows :P

But when I hover over the exe it says its the 1.5.0.0 but thats probably normal?

Gave it another shot after changing the data_dir to c\program files\eternal lands\, but i'm still having the same problem, although error log isnt much help I guess :S

Log started at 2008-10-08 23:07:10 localtime (Romance (standaardtijd))

[23:07:10] Error: Server profile not found in servers.lst for server: Lands\el.exe". Failover to server: main.

[23:07:10] Using the server profile: main

[23:07:11] Warning: Didn't find your data_dir, using the current directory instead. Please correct this in your el.ini . Given data_dir was: "c:\Program Files\Eternal Lands\"

Sasi

PROBLEM FIXED - UPDATED NVIDIA AND WORKS WITHOUT A PROBLEM - YEAH SASI'S BACK :)

Edited by Sasiro

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this