Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vanyel

Mortos Challenge

Mortos Challenge in Tahraji Desert  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take part in the event in Tahraji Desert?

• Yes
    • No

Greetings,

I was considering running Mortos Challenge again. The problem is that the ONLY suitable arena is in Tahraji Desert (summoning arena), which is old style PK (no rostogol stones).

Some people claim they wouldn't take part in the event because of bagjumpers and a possibility of losing their items. The solution to it would be pretty simple (limiting available items to, e.g. full iron plate).

Now the question, would you like to take part in this event?

Vote YES only if you are sure you would find 4 people team in your guild. Otherwise vote NO, please.

Suggestions, comments, etc. leave below;)

the last mortos challange was held there. there seemed to be no problems (at least for me) with te location. only problem was the nighttime reduced visability

Last year there were no problems, and everyone could use any armor, why change it this year?

The chance to lose items is very low, cause you have your guildies along to take ur db if you die.

Two previous Mortos Challenge events were great, looking forward to next one ;) Only bad thing was low fps, but I can live with that :devlish: TD would be great place to hold event again :icon13:

omg what a question. mortos challenge? hell yeah please.

but limiting it to iron plate will suck if you summon like 10 dragons again, after the caps thats kind of impossible to do you know especially with iron plate. if you really decide to limit it to iron plate you'll have to stop with giants.

Let's see...No problem with the previous 2 Mortos Challenges (Beside some people whining :P) which already were in TD, why would this one be different ?

OK, when do we start ? :rolleyes:

what is the mortos challenge (*calls himself a noob* just to save your typeing)

Edited by daiske1

Last year there were no problems, and everyone could use any armor, why change it this year?

The chance to lose items is very low, cause you have your guildies along to take ur db if you die.

What if everyone dies? :icon13:

Edit: typo :)

Edited by Miiks

What if everyone dies? :icon13:

Edit: typo :)

Last time the mods zapped u back inside the arena,

after all mobs were removed.

Just took some time to find ur bag back between

all mob bags :icon13:

so that aint a problem i think

i think it is a great idea,i think L.A. can come up with 4 people,looking forward to it :)

I think the same :icon13:

TD is not so dangerous if you are pr0 enough, just limit ubber weapons like jsoc or other crap, so everyone will be happy yes? :icon13:

My2liras,

-Kad

ohhhh hell yeh, i am sooooo gonna get pwnd but who cares, its all for fun right? sign me up :)

Although to save moaning and bitching after the event that people lost st00f i agree that maybe a limit on armour and weapons is appropriate, any decent fighter (or someone out for a giggle...namely moi) cant complain at losing a few srs, hes and low armour or weapon....if they do.....maybe they shouldnt of signed up?

Edited by Stormie

Firstly, I'm strongly considering changing the formula of the Challenge a bit. I will post more about it a bit later.

Secondly, I'm hesitating whether to limit allowed equipment. If you have any suggestions about it post, please.

Thirdly, unofficial date is the last Saturday of August (i.e. August, the 30th).

Fourthly, I'm tired with bitching. So, if you already know you're going to bitch don't bother with signing up (when it's available ) ;)

Edited by Eiri

Secondly, I'm hesitating whether to limit allowed equipment. If you have any suggestions about it post, please.

Reasons for NOT limiting the equipment:

Considering how well the moderators have done with removing anyone tries to jump in the arena, I think most people aren't worried about losing anything that they drop. It is probably more likely that some armor/weapon is going to degrade in the battle then someone jumping your bag. I would also imagine that limiting the equipment would necessitate a reduction in the strength and numbers of the monsters we would have to fight, so I would say NO to limiting the equipment.

I also have a feeling that the same people who would bitch about losing some titanium armor/COL in a contest would also bitch about losing iron plate and a tit serp sword, so bitching will be the same regardless of whether you limit the weapons and armor.

Edited by LevinMage

The problem is with invisible people. It seems that jumping bags while invisible got somehow popular. I've witnessed it during invasions. More than once. You would be extremely surprised to see who is doing it, too. Totally unexpected. We'll see. I will decide by the end of the month.

Edited by Eiri

But..

If you made a rule for the contest, don't bagjumpy.. People breaking that rule would also be breaking Rule #23, no? Leading to punishment.. So it's not much of a gain, as for special Weapons, they wouldn't be used, Armours on the other hand would be I imagine.

I'd say allow all weapons/armours, at the end of the day it's down to the fighter to decide what they want to use. A good fighter wouldn't die. :bow_arrow:

But..

If you made a rule for the contest, don't bagjumpy.. People breaking that rule would also be breaking Rule #23, no? Leading to punishment.. So it's not much of a gain, as for special Weapons, they wouldn't be used, Armours on the other hand would be I imagine.

I'd say allow all weapons/armours, at the end of the day it's down to the fighter to decide what they want to use. A good fighter wouldn't die. :)

It's hard not to die there, i'd say it's impossible.

Dying is only way to end that contest :bow_arrow:

The route for spectators is also "old-school" PK, as are the stands. There is PKI to lose, as well as MM capes for those players trying to traverse Tahraji, who are not otherwise safe from the native monsters.

All in all, I think there would be too many headaches for those trying to host the event to run it as-is.

The route for spectators is also "old-school" PK, as are the stands. There is PKI to lose, as well as MM capes for those players trying to traverse Tahraji, who are not otherwise safe from the native monsters.

All in all, I think there would be too many headaches for those trying to host the event to run it as-is.

As far as I remember nobody forces anybody to neither take part in the event or go to audience or to help with hosting it. I swear I won't be forcing anybody to do it this year either.

Considering there is no better place than TD for the event it will take part in there. The date is (most probably) 30th of August.

Edited by Eiri

just do it like first time and ban those idiots who try to PK people on their way. it's an official contest and you guys got some power dont you :P the most people love to watch this contest more than taking part in it :D

just do it like first time and ban those idiots who try to PK people on their way. it's an official contest and you guys got some power dont you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) the most people love to watch this contest more than taking part in it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I remember last time mods Zap!'ed you to the arena on request till the stands were full, then then when you wished to leave, you just had to PM one of the multiple mods there with green names, and they ZAP'ed ya to NPC_tutorial :icon13: worked great.