Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mrfancypants

What should I train on?

I have always wanted to know, what should be trained on, from atk/def at 6/6, to the high up's as in 100's or so. Also, What should the PP be spent on? I understand that co ord is a must for experience, which is what i want to get the most of.

I also hear a lot of back and fourth about vitality and reasoning, and still never get a straight awnser on what exactly each PP spent on them benefits you.

Also, What perks should ne taken? i hear a lot about godless being worth it, and others saying no. Is the 20% extra experience worth it? If so, which gods should i serve?

I see no real guide, just people asking about certain areas. I appreciate all the help, and it is much appreciated ;)

Edited by mrfancypants

I think the reason you see no definitive guide is that there are simply to many variables. I mean just your character configuration is big:

* Are you going to be pure a/d, or will you have support skills (magic, summoning, whatever)?

* Will magic be defensive only (restore) or offensive?

* Will you mix any of your own supplies, or buy everything.

* How will you make gc (for example, what inorganic will you need for harvesting)?

Perks is a huge area based on the perceived value of PPs verses the perceived usefulness or inconvenience of the various perks. This of course has a huge effect on the PPs available.

Attribute support is related to the above (like rationality for magic) plus multiple schools of though as to what is best. Old-school was all p/c. But with more attributes in-use, some people suggest vitality or other attributes be substituted.

Getting suggestions is further complicated by the tendency of people to think their way is the best way and to do anything else makes you an idiot.

And of course so much of the above will effect what critters you train on or skip all the way along. You can't define one without knowing the other. And even then, there's some trial-and-error.

So no, there's no guide. Best you can hope for is some suggestions from people who have a logical rational for why they suggest what they do. And after you get 2-20 conflicting suggestions, you'll still have to wade through the data and make your best guess as to what's right for you.

Good luck. ;)

I will make gc by selling things i get from monsters (...)

Do not count on it - drops from majority of monsters will not cover the cost of your armor, weapons, sr's, he's etc. Just to give you an example - my yesterday's drops from cyclopes were 3084 gc after 7 hours of training. Compare that to a costs and you'll clearly see that the only chance to make a profit are those rare special drops, if you are lucky.

20% exp from gods make a huge difference, do not think about godless unless being high level fighter. I'd say use def god up to 100 def, then switch to att god, take magic god asap, and think about godless when getting another pp gets insanely difficult (even then I'd think twice before getting that).

You cant rely on drops from creatures to fund your fighting,I dont pk ,only fight creatures now and again,

You need a steady income from another source ,to fund pk etc

Well thats my view ,if anybody has another I,m sure they will post

The_grud

I will make gc by selling things i get from monsters (...)

Do not count on it - drops from majority of monsters will not cover the cost of your armor, weapons, sr's, he's etc. Just to give you an example - my yesterday's drops from cyclopes were 3084 gc after 7 hours of training. Compare that to a costs and you'll clearly see that the only chance to make a profit are those rare special drops, if you are lucky.

20% exp from gods make a huge difference, do not think about godless unless being high level fighter. I'd say use def god up to 100 def, then switch to att god, take magic god asap, and think about godless when getting another pp gets insanely difficult (even then I'd think twice before getting that).

Cyclops don't drop shit anyway.

On topic:

Magic god is a must because you will get nowhere without the extra exp. Even with base rationality you get 242 exp from 1 mana drain :bow_arrow:

Oh btw I will never get godless ever again..it's teh suck.

You cant rely on drops from creatures to fund your fighting,I dont pk ,only fight creatures now and again,

You need a steady income from another source ,to fund pk etc

Well thats my view ,if anybody has another I,m sure they will post

The_grud

Yes you can - you just need to sacrifice experience.

There are many creatures/monsters which if you fight fully armoured with a big sword, the drops far outweigh the costs.

Depending upon your level, pick any one of the following:- Rats, Skeletons, Trolls, Phantoms, White Tigers, Yeti and even Dragons.

All of these can be very very profitable. Admittedly jack shit experience - but that's not the point!

Try spending an hour on any of the good spawns for any of these and you should make a very nice profit.

Meh, this is obvious, but the original question was training related, so I understand shitty exp is not really an option.

At least he'll have to share his time between good drops and good exp (or pessimist version : shitty drops and shitty exp).

Well, the reason why i am asking, is because i ahve an alt i want to make an all fighter. My main character isnt set up as a fighter, but mainly everything except. I dont want to spend all my time on him, just when i want to fight, i go fight. He doesnt have any other skills cept harvest, in which i harvested lilacs to buy some armor. i am training on wolves, as so many people they have good xp. At the moment he is 14/13/10/22. I have a high co ord, in order to get the most xp. Am i going the right way? or should i try a different route, based on your experience.

don't get coord up to fast or u will have to reset soon.

I think u should keep your coord as it is cause i had like 22 coord on female orcs.

now its 28 on polar bears..and sometimes ogres

ok, if i have the co ord at what it shouild be for a while, what should i put my ohysique to? i ahve 10 physique atm, and 4 pp free

P.S. I have the power hungry perk, as well as godless (anything wrong with that?)

Edited by mrfancypants

in my opinion godless is a bad perk to take at the beginning.

the +20% exp in 2 skills is a LOT!

and will help you level a lot faster, but if you have the patience you can make it with it, will just take you ~20% longer :)

in my opinion godless is a bad perk to take at the beginning.

the +20% exp in 2 skills is a LOT!

and will help you level a lot faster, but if you have the patience you can make it with it, will just take you ~20% longer ;)

Yeah, that is a good point....didnt really think of that. Although this char doesnt really have the gc to get the quests done