Eternal Lands Official Forums
rasberrybeard

Are you an EL oldbie?

Are you an EL oldbie?  

320 members have voted

1. 1. How long have you been playing EL?

• 4+ years or More.
    • 3+ years
    • 2+ years
    • 1+ years
    • 1 year or less.

Feb '06

a month before i made forum account :)

2+ for me

(edited because i put the wrong year in first :D)

Edited by Bernie

im a el oldbie...just i really wish el was like it was in the old day...i really use to look foward to playn this game...

Am I the only newbie that dares to post here ? :P:D

I've started to play EL on 5th Dec. 2007, which means I've been around for a bit over 7 months. Reached OA 100 yesterday, so I guess doing fine ;-)

I've decided to give EL a try after fully recovering from "addiction" to another mmorpg I was playing for 3+ years :bow_arrow:B)

I've started to play EL on 5th Dec. 2007, which means I've been around for a bit over 7 months. Reached OA 100 yesterday, so I guess doing fine ;-)

Playing 3+ years and never got to OA 100 :bow_arrow: So yeah... doing fine I guess :P

Not entirely sure about when i found EL...and i wasn't much of a forum rat back then either, but i do remember the switch of forums back then, and if CK says that was november 20th, i am sure he is right! :bow_arrow:

I had one test character before i created Soldus iirc, but got really into the game around december '03.

We had a nice xmas tree on IP that holiday season, but i was too busy leveling to enjoy it much lol :D

I know for sure that i created EG as one of the very first guilds in january '04, with the help of Cindy, Piper, Crannog, Faye and a few others who stopped playing a long time ago. :(

It was 5,000,000 gold to create a guild, which at that time was a huge pile of money for a bunch of newbies! B)

(later there was a horrible inflation and 5M were like nothing anymore)

Ever since i was hooked and before my latest absence i don't think i missed more than 5-6 weeks altogether - talk about serious addiction! :P

Hey there PPL

its been a LONG LONG time since i posted on here, but I remember joining about the same time as Soldus, back in the good old days of the game. It has certainly changed alot since then.

Just wanted to say hello to the old vets who still remember me - and i have noticed i am no longer in the top 50 rankings LOL....it took a while tho :bow_arrow: i dont think i have played for 3 years

Big up y'all and keep it fun

Crannog

While I am doubting there are actually 45 players with 4 or more years I think its safe to say that this game retains it players fairly well ^^;

Hey there PPL

its been a LONG LONG time since i posted on here, but I remember joining about the same time as Soldus, back in the good old days of the game. It has certainly changed alot since then.

Just wanted to say hello to the old vets who still remember me - and i have noticed i am no longer in the top 50 rankings LOL....it took a while tho :P i dont think i have played for 3 years

Big up y'all and keep it fun

Crannog

Cranny!! - good to see you! :D

Hope you are doing well, and no worries, you're not forgotten! :bow_arrow:

(why don't you drop by some time and say hi ingame?!)

3+ years (maybe more idk) on different chars, if i didn't meet aislinn that early i would be top 10 now if u know what i mean :devlish:

anyway i joined this forum damn late with a different acc after nitager bjed my friends iron plate as he was high 50's a/d :icon13:

Had to post to see when my forum account was created... (so look left!) However, I did have a char by the same name as forums prior to that date. Like many, I left the game for 6+ months after the crash, but was able to create the char "Deadhead" when I returned.

Long live EL!

I started playing in december 2004 when i made my char TooMass.

Good old times. No cooldown, no attribute caps, needed 60 lvl to be in top50 a/d, no rostogols, pk always full, etc.

I cant imagine to make a newbie char these days...

+3-5 years, I honestly can't remember, although I didn't play for about 2-2.5 of those, lol.

i started El over 3 years ago. Played it for 2,5 years, stopped for a year and play it again since half a year. I can remember clicking every time while harvesting, hehehehe.

with all my breaks and then my "quit" a while ago, i think i've had my char for 3 years.

i hate admiting that, because then players that started for less then a year still beat all my stats :rolleyes:

~KgN

Newbie or not Cruella, you're definitely doing fine.

I remember running a find-me contest for new players in channel 6 and sitting in WS at nightime and you hoping I would kill the garg if it appeared :rolleyes: Seem to remember you being quite impressed with the prizes you won too :P

Well done for getting to oa 100 in such a short space of time

Newbie or not Cruella, you're definitely doing fine.

I remember running a find-me contest for new players in channel 6 and sitting in WS at nightime and you hoping I would kill the garg if it appeared :P Seem to remember you being quite impressed with the prizes you won too :P

Well done for getting to oa 100 in such a short space of time

Hehe I remember this perfectly and I'm still grateful for a bunch of weapons I have won then. It was my first (but not last) contest won, and since then I kinda learnt how to deal with gargs at night :P And I've held a couple of H&S contest for new players as well, following good examples :P

Nevertheless, your contest and the following ones led by Kheres/Vanyel were a major couse of EL addiction, lasting till now. I'm not sure then ... to thank you or to sue you .... :D:)

PS. how things have changed in 7 months .... today it is sometimes hard to get any H&S participants if you don't offer a small fortune as prizes ....